**** Loki (Alligator of Mischief) ****

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2021
    Build suggestions? 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would do 5/5/3, but then again I'm not sure when I'd ever use him.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gonna assume Throg will be the required 4* in Shield Training.
    Probably 3 & 5* Loki will be the required 3 and 5* in Shield Training. 5* Loki would at least mean Purple is the teams strongest color for Alligator Loki's Black.
    KGB
  • Djbob101
    Djbob101 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    KGB said:
    Gonna assume Throg will be the required 4* in Shield Training.
    Probably 3 & 5* Loki will be the required 3 and 5* in Shield Training. 5* Loki would at least mean Purple is the teams strongest color for Alligator Loki's Black.
    KGB
    I dont think you can use Alligator Loki with another Loki because he is listed as Loki (Alligator of Mischief)
    Maybe black blot will be the 5 star needed cause he makes charged tiles. 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Really would have preferred they released the gator as a Support, but he could be fun.  Hopefully he'll feed Odin.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now, I can create my reptile team.  :D

5/5/3 for me. If he's not invisible, his purple is close to being empty.

His shield training will be tough. 

Approximate stats for ST and powers are based on 5 covers:
    HP: 61, 000
    Purple: 9235
    Black: 7762/charged tiles
    Yellow: 6105; 5520 heal

The strategy is probably to fill the board with charged tiles and fire his black thrice in a row to one shot each enemy.

I hope the 5* involved is Storm but I think she was required before. Gambit is probably the next choice but Silver Surfer will be much better.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2021
    Now, I can create my reptile team.  :D

5/5/3 for me. If he's not invisible, his purple is close to being empty.

His shield training will be tough. 

Approximate stats for ST and powers are based on 5 covers:
    HP: 61, 000
    Purple: 9235
    Black: 7762/charged tiles
    Yellow: 6105; 5520 heal

The strategy is probably to fill the board with charged tiles and fire his black thrice in a row to one shot each enemy.

I hope the 5* involved is Storm but I think she was required before. Gambit is probably the next choice but Silver Surfer will be much better.
    If we could get the Geico Gecko next as a 5* that has potential . Throg is an amphibian. Scorpion an arachnid. 
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    I’m pretty happy about this character.  The devs could have been lazy and developed Sylvie as many expected, but instead they went the other direction and ran with a super fun choice.  It’s times like these that remind me it’s a game and that it should be fun; at least his art makes me chuckle 
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Really would have preferred they released the gator as a Support, but he could be fun.  Hopefully he'll feed Odin.
    Probably not Odin as he's not even in LL but Heimdall maybe
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    If Throg is the 4* then we have invisibility and damage reduction & airbourne for SHIELD Training. They also both heal. Not sure the damage is all that good though so who the 5* is might be key on whether this is gonna be tough.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 688 Critical Contributor
    Is this the first playable character that doesn't have a comic book version?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Samurai Daken?
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Is this the first playable character that doesn't have a comic book version?
    Peggy Carter (at the time, though she has since been added to a few comics), Samurai Daken, and Tacopool were all MPQ-developed characters, therefore were never before in comics at the time of their release. Daken and Tacopool still aren't, to my knowledge.
    But, yes, this may be the first non-MPQ-developed character to have never been in a comic book at the time they were released.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Yes!!!  I love it.  I am so glad the devs did this character, and did it right.  The synergy with Throg looks good as it should be.  As soon as I saw him in the show, I wanted him in the game.

Thanks, Devs!!!
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    I appreciate this character at every possible level, including the possibility of a Throg/Aloki team countering Polaris/Grocket. What really I hope is that the developers trolled the spoilers who look at the code to figure this out, made it look like Sylvie then switched with Aloki the last second 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there any character who'd actually break the game if they let us use different variants together?  I can't think of anyone offhand.  They should just get rid of it...there was never a real reason for that rule to exist.
    The obvious answer is Star Lord.  Since everyone pairs well with Star Lord, pairing Star Lord with Star Lord is an insta-win!  The triple Star Lord team 5/4/3 would be the next meta.  /s

But that little old-school joke aside...

Depending on the resolve, double dipping Thanos 3/5 could lead to some really tragic ends.

Immortal Hulk with TA Hulk could be extra brutal with TA Hulk feeding green.  Add Immortal Hulk with TA Hulk plus Main Event Hulk and well...  That could get ugly.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Supposedly playing with a team of the same person would enable to use higher characters on required 3*s too, i.e.
    Or the reverse, playing with the 3* version in the required 5* node.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,803 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    Is there any character who'd actually break the game if they let us use different variants together?  I can't think of anyone offhand.  They should just get rid of it...there was never a real reason for that rule to exist.
    The obvious answer is Star Lord.  Since everyone pairs well with Star Lord, pairing Star Lord with Star Lord is an insta-win!  The triple Star Lord team 5/4/3 would be the next meta.  /s

But that little old-school joke aside...

Depending on the resolve, double dipping Thanos 3/5 could lead to some really tragic ends.

Immortal Hulk with TA Hulk could be extra brutal with TA Hulk feeding green.  Add Immortal Hulk with TA Hulk plus Main Event Hulk and well...  That could get ugly.
    Those feel more like nasty things they'd pull on us in PvE fights than they do viable player teams.  The super low health of the 3* team members would just kill you unless it was BoP.

I think they're already allowed to break the no variants rule for enemy teams in PvE, although they haven't done it in a very long time.
  • obikenobi12
    obikenobi12 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    really excited to use this character! he's going to be my next champ project as soon as I'm done with Throg. They will be really good together and I am thinking of running them with 5* Collosus as he's my best 5* that i have right now and is a good pug an play into any team. The swapping of X number of tiles power is really strong when you have Collosus's match damage. i'd definetely get that to 5 levels for that. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Banner Hulk with Immortal Hulk could be a pretty nasty double-up team, particularly with Main Event in play to do a critical bomb. Other than that, most variants share too many colors to really work well together. I do wish that the Ghost Riders could be run together, particularly now that Ghostpool can be on the team, so that we could run a team of all heads on fire.