Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    I think this is less about Knull and more about the power of the Kitty/Rocket or Kitty/Polaris shells. 

You can sub anybody with a non-board-based passive damage ability into that third slot and it'll work just as well (or better, depending on what you're fighting).
    I have run rocket/polaris with a lot of different thirds, but I have not seen anything like this. Throw knulls purple on the main damage source and the team just melts. There is a lot of passive damage from multiple sources for sure, but there are very large hits coming from knulls purple.
    TBH I don't even like knull, and I would be hard pressed to choose him in any encounter. But, I am quickly changing my opinion on him.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's good to have choices!  There are so many good thirds for that shell that the team can easily be tailored to different situations/enemy teams that you're facing. 

The other good thing is that almost no one is actually *bad* as a third there, so it's very good for essential nodes.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I have a fully operational Death Knull so I fired it and it is an impressive combination. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Akoni said:
    Knull/Pirate Kitty/Polaris is scary good. I've played several matches with it, but this last battle took the cake. I just hit a first turn cascade that enabled Polaris to stun all three enemies, fire Kitty's yellow twice, and fire Knull's black twice to spam the field with strikes and protects. I had enough to fire Kitty's red and Knull's purple, but the enemies were stunned for 3 turns and wouldn't survive the next turn. Originally, I wasn't too impressed with Kitty, but now I'm all on board.

Right now Knull is soft capped at 4/5/4, Kitty is 1/1/1, and Polaris is at 3/5/5. Once Knull is champed, I think he'll be best at 4/4/5 for this team. Once Kitty is champed, I'll put her at 5/3/5 for this combo to work best.

I think I'm actually excited for this one.
    I’m running Knull at 355 Kate is 435 at moment, should I change Knull ?
    My Knull isn't champed yet so that's why he's at 4/5/4. I previously said he'd be better at 4/4/5, but rethinking it, I will also take him to 3/5/5 like yours. When paired with 5witch, 4/4/5 looks fairly good, but on this team his black just isn't beneficial enough to push to 5.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have Knull at 1/4/1 and he did pretty good work in his node with boosted Grocket in Heart of Darkness SCL9. Boosts for the win I guess. I never did manage to fire the pink, but it wasn’t necessary against non tile movers. Too bad they didn’t make his black similar to BRB’s yellow so that it fed his pink a bit better. In any event, it is nice that he would have made a good solo 5* and thanks for the team.  I probably won’t chase him though, haha. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just champed mine this morning; I’ll try him with boosted Kitty and see how it goes again.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Knull/Kitty/R4G all boosted in this event is just melting the nodes.
  • Sekilicious
    hothie said:
    Does anybody else find it amusing to run Morbuis in the Blade pvp event?

No? Just me? Okay...
    I’ve be running Sabertooth.  Sooooo many Polaris cascades…
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Boosted Warlock/50Thor/Sighclops is a fun PVE team. Prioritize Sighclops’ yellow till you have to heal Warlock just for existing, and you’ll be doing some mega match and passive damage from the god of thunder tile break that scales with Thor’s match damage.
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2021
    hothie said:

No? Just me? Okay...
    True, and that's a good squad that has served you well, I assume. But it's not nearly as funny as running a vampire in a team with a vampire hunter. :D:D:D
  • Sekilicious
    edited August 2021
    hothie said:
    hothie said:

No? Just me? Okay...
    True, and that's a good squad that has served you well, I assume. But it's not nearly as funny as running a vampire in a team with a vampire hunter. :D:D:D
    I just champed my Morbius for the Medusa matches. I’m pretty happy with that life decision. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since Electro is the essential 5* for Webbed Wonders, I decided to pair her up with 1/2 Thor and Domino.  When you need someone to spam black tiles, Domino rarely disappoints.

1/2 Thor was destroying 5 tiles and feeding Domino's green every turn, while Domino was increasing the presence of black tiles by 100%. With 14 green aps in the pocket, fire her green twice and your black ap gets filled up quickly most of the time. Finally, fire Electro's black power.

Initially, I was planning to use 5* Storm to reduce the number of tu tiles so that Electro can deal more damage. I'll probably use her instead later.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another team to file in the Only PVE folder. 

Knull 3/5/5
    Scorpion 3/5/5
    4* Captain Marvel 5/5/3

this team does very well vs teams with goons and a tile mover. 

I really like CM and Knull together. CM’s yellow can make a CD go off early and any CD that expires buffs up the strikes that are being made each turn. I dig Knull but I really wanted to use his purple which isn’t cheap at 9 AP. 

That’s where Scorpion comes in. 

Scorpion red passive (Adrenaline Surge) gains 2 purple the first time an enemy power is fired and he drops a decent powered strike on the field. Which gets buffed when a CD expires, thanks to CM. 

So you start off hitting a goon but not killing him, as you want their powers to fire so you can put another strike out and gain some purple AP. Once you have enough, fire Knull’s purple (Amortal Coil) at the tile mover and then attack him. When the tile mover hits you, the goons will take damage, on top of the passive damage Knull will already be doing. 

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Another team to file in the Only PVE folder. 

Knull 3/5/5
    Scorpion 3/5/5
    4* Captain Marvel 5/5/3

this team does very well vs teams with goons and a tile mover. 

I really like CM and Knull together. CM’s yellow can make a CD go off early and any CD that expires buffs up the strikes that are being made each turn. I dig Knull but I really wanted to use his purple which isn’t cheap at 9 AP. 

That’s where Scorpion comes in. 

Scorpion red passive (Adrenaline Surge) gains 2 purple the first time an enemy power is fired and he drops a decent powered strike on the field. Which gets buffed when a CD expires, thanks to CM. 

So you start off hitting a goon but not killing him, as you want their powers to fire so you can put another strike out and gain some purple AP. Once you have enough, fire Knull’s purple (Amortal Coil) at the tile mover and then attack him. When the tile mover hits you, the goons will take damage, on top of the passive damage Knull will already be doing. 

Tried this against a 206K goon with a Tommy Gun, epic fail .
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I decided to put my theory team of Shang Chi, 5* Storm (3/5/5) and 1/2 Thor to the test. Even with a 1/1/1 Shang-Chi, I was able to create winfinite. 

It's a little difficult to give a fixed guide due to board RNG. Generally speaking, you use Storm's green to destroy either black or blue tiles. Then, you use her yellow to create either red, purple, green or yellow tiles. Everything really depends on the state of the board at that time. 

Here's the video and winfinite starts running at 1 minute mark. Bear in mind, this is a 1/1/1 Shang Chi, not a champed Shang Chi. 

https://streamable.com/2r8hqx
  • Sekilicious
    I decided to put my theory team of Shang Chi, 5* Storm (3/5/5) and 1/2 Thor to the test. Even with a 1/1/1 Shang-Chi, I was able to create winfinite. 

It's a little difficult to give a fixed guide due to board RNG. Generally speaking, you use Storm's green to destroy either black or blue tiles. Then, you use her yellow to create either red, purple, green or yellow tiles. Everything really depends on the state of the board at that time. 

Here's the video and winfinite starts running at 1 minute mark. Bear in mind, this is a 1/1/1 Shang Chi, not a champed Shang Chi. 

https://streamable.com/2r8hqx
    And queue the nerf of Storm and Thor.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    If thor hasn't been nerfed by now, that nerf ain't coming my dude lol