Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    This isn't anything new or groundbreaking, but I came very close to saving this 4* team because it is so fun:

Peggy Carter 5/5/3
    Captain Marvel 5/3/5
    Wasp 5/5/3

Peggy is mostly there to slow down enemy powers and to finish off enemies with her red. Marvel and Wasp are there for the AP gain and special tile boosts with big damage possibilities later in the match. Unfortunately, this is a slow team. Against faster teams, like Polaris, slow pretty much equals death. It's great against non-tile matchers, though.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Agent Coulson could be another fit for C4rol/Wasp despite the overlap in colours because he gains 2 random per friendly cd that resolves, and he steals up to 15 random aps with his blue power. His purple creates free charged tiles match(es).

I find Puzzle Gauntlet is another good place to test many fun team combinations, and to get new ideas. For example, 3* Marvel/Northstar/3* Magneto synergise really well despite the colour overlap, and I don't remember seeing anyone putting this fun team together.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought bringing Kitty and BRB to the Balancing act 5e node fight was a good idea. It wasn't. Medusa kept stealing my buffed protects and Kitty could not keep up her over writing enemy tiles. After a good 5 minutes of -1 ping pong I bailed and started up again with iHulkoye. The match was over after 2 moves. Heh.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here’s a team to file under the Not-Meta-But-Can -Get-Out-Of-Hand-Quickly. 

Knull 4/4/5 or 3/5/5
    4* Captain Marvel 5/5/3
    5* Daredevil 5/3/5

my CM is lvl 370. DD is kind of just a better outlet for the purple I get. Knull basically has CM’s Photonic Barrage as a passive except it’s only 2 turns and when it expires, you deal damage to an entire team. Knull’s passives aren’t buffed by Apoc/Okoye but are buffed by strikes. And when a CD expires and a strike/attack tile is on the field, CM buffs it. You can use her yellow to speed things along even faster. 

DD is basically there as a better outlet for the purple vs opponent tile users. I’ve used 4* Wasp in place of DD. I’m thinking about running Ronan after I champ him or maybe Odin as the 3rd. 
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    I can't speak for okoye but apoc buffs knulls passives.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just went up against an interesting team in Simulator: Ronan/Profe$$or X/Ghostpool. A ton of passive damage going on with that team; I won with Profslaught/Yellowjacket by the skin of my teeth.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Knull/Pirate Kitty/Polaris is scary good. I've played several matches with it, but this last battle took the cake. I just hit a first turn cascade that enabled Polaris to stun all three enemies, fire Kitty's yellow twice, and fire Knull's black twice to spam the field with strikes and protects. I had enough to fire Kitty's red and Knull's purple, but the enemies were stunned for 3 turns and wouldn't survive the next turn. Originally, I wasn't too impressed with Kitty, but now I'm all on board.

Right now Knull is soft capped at 4/5/4, Kitty is 1/1/1, and Polaris is at 3/5/5. Once Knull is champed, I think he'll be best at 4/4/5 for this team. Once Kitty is champed, I'll put her at 5/3/5 for this combo to work best.

I think I'm actually excited for this one.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Akoni said:
    Knull/Pirate Kitty/Polaris is scary good. I've played several matches with it, but this last battle took the cake. I just hit a first turn cascade that enabled Polaris to stun all three enemies, fire Kitty's yellow twice, and fire Knull's black twice to spam the field with strikes and protects. I had enough to fire Kitty's red and Knull's purple, but the enemies were stunned for 3 turns and wouldn't survive the next turn. Originally, I wasn't too impressed with Kitty, but now I'm all on board.

Right now Knull is soft capped at 4/5/4, Kitty is 1/1/1, and Polaris is at 3/5/5. Once Knull is champed, I think he'll be best at 4/4/5 for this team. Once Kitty is champed, I'll put her at 5/3/5 for this combo to work best.

I’m running Knull at 355 Kate is 435 at moment, should I change Knull ?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akoni said:

I love Knull and am higher on him than others are, but I'll admit that with a first turn cascade stunlocking the team, most characters would benefit greatly lol.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just ran Knull/Polaris/4*Rocket and there is something weird going on with this combination. I think Knull may be broken.

Once the board was near filled with strike tiles I was getting between 40-60k damage off at the beginning of the turn. Not to mention my Knull is only 222 and no iso spent to level him.

I crushed the 4* 5* and challenge nodes easily and faster than my normal duo's that I run for the 4* and 5*.

If you got a decent Knull check it out and see if you can figure out what is actually going on there.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have run Knull/Kitty/Grocket. They are all champed. I have never seen goons melt that fast, so it's hard to see what is going on.
  • dianetics
    edited August 2021
    qandols said:
    I have run Knull/Kitty/Grocket. They are all champed. I have never seen goons melt that fast, so it's hard to see what is going on.
    I'm not sure exactly but something weird is happening when summon dragons goes off with a board nearly filled with strike tiles. Right now I just finished out the regular nodes and just melted everything. Swap out kitty with polaris and check it out.

*edit* I think I figured it out. The Milano and Rockets Pack and Summon dragons were all going off on the same turn.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited August 2021
    I'm not really seeing anything too earth shattering with this team in Webbed Wonder SCL10 on the Doc Oc/Lieutenant/Demolisher challenge node. My Knull is 5/5/2 lvl 453 just waiting on WW to finish to be champable from shards, my Polaris is lvl 296, and my 4ocket is lvl 331, and it all seems like it's just sort of working like it should as best I can figure. The board is completely flooded with strikes to the point I can't add anything else to it, and when Summon Dragons goes off, it's just doing ~8k to the enemy team like you'd expect. This is decidedly less reliable than a Hulkoye-based AOE so far...

I mean cascades hit hard, but that's really a Polaris thing I think. The best I can figure is that Knull has a bunch of little ways to trigger passive damage, so you're getting a nice chunk of damge on every little thing you do. I'll try it with Kitty instead of 4ocket and see what happens.
  • dianetics
    I'm not really seeing anything too earth shattering with this team in Webbed Wonder SCL10 on the Doc Oc/Lieutenant/Demolisher challenge node. My Knull is 5/5/2 lvl 453 just waiting on WW to finish to be champable from shards, my Polaris is lvl 296, and my 4ocket is lvl 331, and it all seems like it's just sort of working like it should as best I can figure. The board is completely flooded with strikes to the point I can't add anything else to it, and when Summon Dragons goes off, it's just doing ~8k to the enemy team like you'd expect. This is decidedly less reliable than a Hulkoye-based AOE so far...

I mean cascades hit hard, but that's really a Polaris thing I think. The best I can figure is that Knull has a bunch of little ways to trigger passive damage, so you're getting a nice chunk of damge on every little thing you do. I'll try it with Kitty instead of 4ocket and see what happens.
    Yeah, I kept running it and now I'm just guessing it was amortal coil and the stars aligning with the countdown tiles.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I'm running Knull/C4rol on the 3* Lord required character wave node now, and it can be kind of cool that Knull adds purple to the board to allow Star Lord to steal enemy strikes; but since he does it at the expense of the green that Star Lord wants to do his nuke I'm not sure it's all that great. Knull as a purple battery probably works much better with 5* Daredevil.
  • HoundofShadow
    Knull/Kitty/R4G is melting enemies. Aim for purple ap and the next sub with a lot of movers will melt even faster. Your strike tiles add to Knull's 33% damage reflection, which Okoye and Apocalypse can't achieved.
  • dianetics
    My last couple fights here, and the damage is clearly coming from amortal coil interacting with strike tiles.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Knull/kitty/4ocket worked pretty okay on the final wave node in Webbed Wonder for me. I'd like to figure out somebody to run him with that's better than 4ocket for starting off with beefier strikes at some point. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,806 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think this is less about Knull and more about the power of the Kitty/Rocket or Kitty/Polaris shells. 

You can sub anybody with a non-board-based passive damage ability into that third slot and it'll work just as well (or better, depending on what you're fighting).
  • HoundofShadow
    Few advantages of Knull that others can't do are creates strike tiles every turn and he ignores protect tiles. On top of that his purple power reflects 33% damage + your strike tiles back to their allies.

Not many 4*/5* can create strike tiles consistently every turn. Valkyrie might work. OMD could be good if enemy spams special tiles consistently. 50% DD is good.