***** Odin (All-Father) *****

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went up against at least one team that wasn't using the loaner, but i didn't check the total build before going in; just saw it had 2 colors and 74k health. I am confident his boost week is going to be unbearable without a stunner on boost as well lol. Well, actually his launch boost window as well for that matter...
    2 colors means the guy actually pulled for him with money. 
    There is no situation so lucky as to pulling 2 times him on the several tokens earned. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know about that - some people have some Smaug-level hp hoards, I could see a couple 40-packs getting you there.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2021
    Bad said:
    I went up against at least one team that wasn't using the loaner, but i didn't check the total build before going in; just saw it had 2 colors and 74k health. I am confident his boost week is going to be unbearable without a stunner on boost as well lol. Well, actually his launch boost window as well for that matter...
    2 colors means the guy actually pulled for him with money. 
    There is no situation so lucky as to pulling 2 times him on the several tokens earned. 
    I've seen ally mates pull 2 or more covers from the hp store before. Like @ThaRoadWarrior said there are players who hoard Hp like other players hoard cp and spending on a 40 pack in the new character store isn't a big deal for them.
  • Bad
    I don't know about that - some people have some Smaug-level hp hoards, I could see a couple 40-packs getting you there.
    If I'm not mistaken the odds of 1/166 are roughly 0'4%.
    A 40 pack would multiply that and the odds could be 15%.
    Still only 2 packs would be a really really lucky shot.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I couldn’t say one way or the other, I just wouldn’t read into it a ton for desirability.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure the loaner event is a good judge of this guy, because you can smack the enemy Odin around and he'll fortify tiles for your Odin to use.  Without an enemy Odin in every team you'd need to manage a lot of tanking/matching/fortifying to make him useful.
  • Bad
    Thinking it better, the odds of 1/166 should be 0'6% and pulling 40 would increase the odds to a bit less than 5%.
    I'm not sure the loaner event is a good judge of this guy, because you can smack the enemy Odin around and he'll fortify tiles for your Odin to use.  Without an enemy Odin in every team you'd need to manage a lot of tanking/matching/fortifying to make him useful.
    However he would be healing up to 15k easily and he has 90k health(L 450).
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,907 Chairperson of the Boards
    A quick question regarding Odin's Blessing vs Debilitating Hex: Will the target of Scarlet Witch's Hex be restored to 5 cover levels if there are two Blessing CD's on the board? I think it should but would like confirmation. Thanks!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I would expect it to stack back up similar to what happens when a Peggy goes up against a Shuri and both AP mods are in play.
  • entrailbucket
    Yeah, I'm confused about what everyone else is seeing here, but maybe this is just a bad event for him or I'm not the ideal audience. 

Enemy SW does like 20,000-30,000 passive damage every single turn, so my loaner Odin jumps in front once, eats that and immediately dies.
  • Bad
    A quick question regarding Odin's Blessing vs Debilitating Hex: Will the target of Scarlet Witch's Hex be restored to 5 cover levels if there are two Blessing CD's on the board? I think it should but would like confirmation. Thanks!
    I think it should too. However his event is ending and that question it is not easy to be confirmed until people start using him.
    The rock/paper for odin should be stunning, and morbius removing only his cds.
    As morbius cannot remove the fortifying which no team owns them.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Someone from reddit managed to pull 2 Odin covers from his PvE tokens (not packs), making his Odin 1/0/1. It has been more than a year since 5* HP store was introduced, and I haven't pulled one yet. Some people just have the luck.

Are there any other interesting concepts/teams we can build around Odin? 

• TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, I'm confused about what everyone else is seeing here, but maybe this is just a bad event for him or I'm not the ideal audience. 

Enemy SW does like 20,000-30,000 passive damage every single turn, so my loaner Odin jumps in front once, eats that and immediately dies.

It all depends on where you are at in PVP. Somebody in 4* world is gonna have a very different view of a 5* loaner than somebody who has high level champ 5s.
    For example I'm in baby 5 land and was able to win 18 in a row this morning using Wanda/Colossus before having to use a health pack. It won't be that way outside of this event though because Odin either died or nearly died in every match but lasted enough turns for it to be over by that point. And Wanda was boosted... So like you mentioned above my Wanda was able to take out their Odin pretty quick.
    In a pick 2 are you maybe supposed to bring him with a boosted 5? So that he eats the damage until your boosted 5 can do the damage.
  • HoundofShadow
    For my mmr, each boosted charge deals ~5000++ damage. Since your mmr is 500+, baby champed Odin should be even better for you. It will be easier for 500+ characters, compared to 450 characters, to trigger 450 Odin's yellow passive.
  • entrailbucket
    I think it's just a bad event to evaluate him on.  The mirror match aspect of it skews everything, and boosted SW warps the whole game around her. 

I'm withholding judgement on him completely until he starts showing up in PvPs that are more normal.
  • Bad
    Someone from reddit managed to pull 2 Odin covers from his PvE tokens (not packs), making his Odin 1/0/1. It has been more than a year since 5* HP store was introduced, and I haven't pulled one yet. Some people just have the luck.

Are there any other interesting concepts/teams we can build around Odin? 

The odds for that are 0'25%. It happened to me 2 times, one with PX (first character having the store) and the other AW.
    I pulled many times 40 packs but nothing.
    Teams for odin in pick 3, actually any meta team: hulkoye, Britty, wancol, SW and okoye/apoc, Polaris BRB...
    A funny team would be HE and carol4.
    In 4 land kitty 4 and polaris.
    Actually the best 5* partner for him should be SW as they protect each one.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pick three has people over rating Odin IMO. Sure he will be a pain in sim but no more so than any of the meta pick 3 I’ve have seen over the years. Which won’t matter anyway to me because since Bishop I’ve become comfortable hitting 75 wins with okoye thor and xpool hitting easy retals over and over.

Pick 2 this guy will be easy, as easy as any other pvp when you know your first target. Still a skip for me, which will be pretty obvious once his god boost month ends. If there was much more pick 3 I’d roster him but pick 3 is pretty much non existent as a priority in this game as I play it.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I agree. I think Odin will be good, but not good enough for me to break my newly growing hoard for him. I, too, will probably skip him when he pops up, but I'm not afraid of him as I often play stun-heavy teams. I think the appeal with him is defensive pairing. By himself, he's not that great, but with other defensive characters like 5Witch, he's pretty decent. Okay, he's more than decent. He's actually a pain in the ****, but still beatable. Hopefully there will be more than just one or two teams for him to keep it interesting. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Apocalypse's black pulls Odin to the front also if anyone was curious, but it doesn't trigger any fortifications if he wasn't already there.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited August 2021
    It seems like all powers, except AoE, pull him in front. 

Anyone thinking of softcapping him so that it will be easier to trigger his fortification? He's going to take one damage anyway when there are 5 different coloured fortified tiles. Of course, it depends on who you are facing.