CotT: Cyclops vs. Hulkbuster

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Well, my champed Cyclops did not fare well the first tryout. HB cascaded enough red to nuke Cyke. Next try was a more seasoned fight and after a couple of yellow casts I had enough red for two attacks that downed HB.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    Talk about two of the oldies! They are of course complete Dinosaurs these days but I used to use Cyke for X-men v Apoc and so his puzzly ways are well known to me. You want to get your yellow countdown out as quick as possible so you can gather red from two sources. I was pretty lucky with blue also. Hulkbuster did get one overdrive off but that ended up beneffiting me more and it was too late and I Optic Blasted him to death before he could throw any punches. I feel like 'Buster could really do with a re-work to his black power to help him out.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* Cyclops is still a pretty fun, well-designed character, though power creep has relegated both of these two old heroes to barely more than trophy status. I had a favorable board, and managed to get yellow going early, blue to get the red engine going, and enough team-up AP to cast his "big enchilada" finisher in a surprisingly short amount of time. Poor old HB never even managed to fire a power, though he was a measly 1 AP away from both his punch and his overdrive for several turns.