***** Odin (All-Father) *****

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    On krakadoom pvp it's crazy the cut to t20 in my bracket: 1800 points. So there are players highly interested on him. And I am in one of the latest brackets of the first slice.
    T5: 3500 points.
    Time will tell, as always.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those points are pretty standard in slice 1 actually. Try playing in slice 2 or 5 and I doubt you can find anyone scoring 1800. At most it's 13XX to 14XX.

The glimmer of hope left for Odin is that MPQ is a game of synergy. Some characters are late bloomers, like 5* Captain Marvel. I believe when the developer decided to shift their focus to fortification strategy, that would be the time Odin shines. Currently, we are on a roll of defensive meta + cd meta.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2021
    I like him.  I put him in solid Magneto or Cyclops territory.
    like maybe not entirely game changing, but some fun mechanics going on.

in general recently, I’ve found some value in every 5*.  Ronan maybe the one exception but I haven’t messed around with him enough,

For me going back, the one recent 5* that disappointed was Warlock.  I just hate fiddling around with all his stuff.  It’s annoying and I already dislike self damaging characters in the first place,
    but even with him, I have never regretted champing him.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    The Introducing and Event are just not gonna show Odin off well. He’s seems to be a VERY specific character for a VERY specific that isn’t gonna show much of anything at 1/1/1 or without any partners. 

I actually died vs Galactus. You know hard it is to die vs Galactus?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    I’m trying to champ everyone too, so I’m here for it, but at 1/1/1 it doesn’t seem worth playing him with a fortification strategy. Heimdall/Magik worked better than Heimdall/Shuri. I haven’t tried running any of the other 5* fortifiers yet; goblin, Hawkeye, Cable; unboosted in pick 2 I don’t think it’ll work. I may try Monica Rambeau since she is the only character I can think of who creates a fortified anything at turn start. Also Lizard may be interesting, but probably not in an event with boosted 5s in it. Boosted Misty actually works pretty well with him and Heimdall, I always forget that her deal is fortifying stuff too. I still think Boosted Goblin will be his best bro.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    also died vs galactus and I honestly couldn't tell you what the difference was between that fight and the one I won after a small number of rounds next time around. I'm sure he does have a play style but in the current game world he doesn't seem like he will trouble the meta 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I died the first time because the board was dry of red and nothing Galactus did until his nuke (which has a cool but rarely seen animation, so I wasn’t mad) triggered anything Odin did, and the second time I had enough red to fire Odin’s thing twice and won with barely an inconvenience.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m trying to champ everyone too, so I’m here for it, but at 1/1/1 it doesn’t seem worth playing him with a fortification strategy. Heimdall/Magik worked better than Heimdall/Shuri. I haven’t tried running any of the other 5* fortifiers yet; goblin, Hawkeye, Cable; unboosted in pick 2 I don’t think it’ll work. I may try Monica Rambeau since she is the only character I can think of who creates a fortified anything at turn start. 
    Ronan has a fortified CD at the start. So does Kate Pryde. 
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2021
    Playing Odin PVP and his jump to the front thing works very well against Karnak and Chavez. I was trying to attack a Polaris and most times I tried to attack with Crit tiles as either Karnak or Chavez Odin kept jumping in front defend Polaris. I eventually took her out
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Scuttlebutt will cause Odin to jump in front in case anyone was wondering.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polaris, Mantis, Odin is surprisingly annoying to target with Karnak and Chavez. Maybe it was because Polaris was able to match Karnak’s protect tile in two of the matches and Odin was able to slow the Chavez train until Polaris found enough blue to stun Karnak. 
  • Bad
    It was expected for bodyguard odin to be a great defensive deterrent playing with dangerous 4*s, as I said.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    The loaner Odin has been very useful in mitigating dmg to the boosted 5's in his PvP.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    His blue (Odin Blessing) might be his best power. The board really fills up with those CDs once the parameters are met. And those strikes are big. 

Knull
    4* CM 5/5/3
    Odin

Odin
    4* CM 5/5/3
    Heimdall

Odin
    4* CM 5/5/3
    Magik

just a couple that intrigue me. 

I want to try out 5* Iceman/Odin/Goblin for all the fortified shenanigans.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone try out Ronan/Goblin as well. I thought of Iceman but one weakness of his is that his cd appears on only blue or yellow tiles. So, you have to rely on his repeaters. Hawkeye might be good too because you gain 3 blue and 2 red aps per cd resolved. His weakness is that he can't fortify repeater tiles.

Iceman/Goblin
    Iceman/Hawkeye
    Ronan/Goblin

If only I got all these guys champed...  :D

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have the covers on him but maybe Knull might work against the passive healing especially as he does permanent damage.
  • Bad
    He spams with fortifying all the board trying to kill him. He doesn't needs any help with his fortified mechanic at just 1/1/1.
    I saw someone running vulture, others britty or polaris.
    I ate a double JJ trap thanks to the fortifying too.
    He is funny, he is annoying, he is good.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    He is going to be SOOOO annoying in PVP.  He is kind of AI proof.  The AI can't really do much wrong with him.  His passives do all the work.  In a match 3 PVP, he is almost a "must bring" that can really help any team defensively.  I think in a month, we are going to see a lot of champed Odin in PVP.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Based on his PVP event he doesn't seem bad as a meat shield. Using just the loaner he ate all the damage, I didn't have to use a single health pack to reach 1200 points. I can imagine how annoying he'll be when boosted, I'm sure he'll cause quite a few players to skip.

Having to down this guy while your other two teammates are firing of powers with ease before you can sink your teeth I to them. Of course his red damage sucks, but he seems like he'll have his uses and be a lot more fun to use than other lackluster 5s turned out to be. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited August 2021
    I went up against at least one team that wasn't using the loaner, but i didn't check the total build before going in; just saw it had 2 colors and 74k health. I am confident his boost week is going to be unbearable without a stunner on boost as well lol. Well, actually his launch boost window as well for that matter...