Pandas of DOOM - Alliance Chat

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    They added Black Panther, Psylocke and Lazy Thor to the regular packs in the last patch. A bit early for Lazy Thor isnt it? Psylocke was released a month ago and they just added her... weird.

I wish I could help with slots but I dont really have the money to spare at the moment :/
  • i was surprised, but i'm definitely cool with it. 11/13 now.
  • Thanks for the welcome bloodwars, glad to see im able to be a part of something bigger where we arent all kinda spread around not really able to communicate. Hopefully I don't disappoint and am able to pull my weight in the alliance ranks!

Im really finding this round more difficult than the last one on account of how buff doom was!! That guy was unstoppable with the buff. Now to get him up that strong and I will be unstoppable haha
  • did 2nd clear, 150k score right now, again, if anyone is significantly higher (right now) or thinks i'm doing it wrong, please let me know (lazy clears).

i have a good feeling about the lazy thor event. he straight up doesn't give a **** about your patch or spiderman. the damage is insane, my call does 4k/2k, my red is 1.8k, and i NEED the patch covers desperately, so here's hoping i can get top 10.
  • sinnerjfl
    Right behind you at 145k blood icon_e_biggrin.gif

Best strategy for the simulator is do a full clear and after that, only do the nodes with the required character (8,9,10), they pay the most and you save time.

I dont like facing Lazy Thor, way too much damage at max level even when he's not buffed... Yellow does 2k damage, Green does 4k to target and 2k damage to the rest o_O

And he has about 9000 HP... Ugh, this does not feel balanced. Perfect target for Punisher's retribution though I guess.
  • bloodwars wrote:
    did 2nd clear, 150k score right now, again, if anyone is significantly higher (right now) or thinks i'm doing it wrong, please let me know (lazy clears).

Here 135k right now, position 8 in general and 2nd in hard simulator.

I'll give some time to Thor event this evening.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah we are killing it in the sims we are ranked 75ish but nearly all the alliances around us are 20 man so nothing more we can do really. Another alliance PvP event I can take my max cover hood out for a spin now for some Panther Covers woot woot =)

I have him at 3/5/5 which I guess is the inferior build but originally there were not many good black abilities so the extra damage could be valuable on intimidate. Now i have a daily yellow hood cover coming up so i could start moving to 5/5/3. Any hood users sound off =)
  • mine is 3/3/5, which is pretty much the inverse of what you want. buffs to 171 though. hopefully this time 793 points will get me in the top 10 icon_razz.gif that'd boost bp to 115. about to do my run up in the thor pvp, break, then grind round 3 pve for the last time. i guess people are having issues with the pve now. my rank has only dropped 16 slots in 12 hours. during the first two rounds it'd drop like 100 slots between clears.
  • got to 700 in thor pvp, put up 3h shield instead of 8h one... *sigh* what a waste of HP. guess i'll wait till i'm out of rotation, hit someone and re-up the right shield.

the high high mmr is f'd right now btw. you get a very very very short list of people, and someone that was 200 score below me farmed me like 10 times in a row (and hitting back means i lose score wasting time there for 18 points instead of the 30 point matches i needed to chain to tread water).
  • I reached 600 in Thor and raised 8h shield. Being an european player, this one finish at 5 am... I'll be happy if I can stand in top 10.

Besides, those 200+ Lazy Thors are not easy to beat...
  • sinnerjfl
    Hit 590 in the Thor tourney, I cant take this anymore, fighting Thor over and over... Put up an 8h shield and im 4th right now, no clue if this holds up for top 10.

Wasted a bunch of HP also, hard to manage shields sometimes.

Looks like we'll hit top 50 as an alliance, yay icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I didn't know you could be hit by your alliance teammate.

Hey, Mad, I hit you back and am shielded now to the end.

Really just need top 10, and have been around 600 last 24h and it was still #1-2 place. Probably stronger rosters will arrive late for top spots, or this is some weird bracket. Many top 10 players don't even have Lazy Thor higher than 1-2 covers. I mostly just skipped if enemy's Thor was higher than mine (53 -> 80) and fought 2* teams only. 700+ should really be enough I hope.
  • thanks for the team effort icon_e_wink.gif sitting at #34 alliance rank, top 50 gets 100HP instead of 50, so here's hoping we can stay there. I was actually able to climb from 300 -> 711 without being attacked once... but i had 44m till the 8h mark and it got silly. 705 score, 4th, 80 points above 5th, but i only need top 10, so should be good... and the next pvp is black panther again! i love his black power. BLACK POWER!

if you haven't done a final zerg on round 3 pve, i'm starting mine in an hour. the points ladder seemed to have REALLY slowed down now, and we look like a lock for top 100 as long as we don't boycott round 4.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    bloodwars wrote:
    thanks for the team effort icon_e_wink.gif sitting at #34 alliance rank, top 50 gets 100HP instead of 50, so here's hoping we can stay there. I was actually able to climb from 300 -> 711 without being attacked once... but i had 44m till the 8h mark and it got silly. 705 score, 4th, 80 points above 5th, but i only need top 10, so should be good... and the next pvp is black panther again! i love his black power. BLACK POWER!

if you haven't done a final zerg on round 3 pve, i'm starting mine in an hour. the points ladder seemed to have REALLY slowed down now, and we look like a lock for top 100 as long as we don't boycott round 4.

I was looking at rankings 2:30h before the end when we were #37, all spots from #32 to #41 were 20 members teams, except ours and two others with 14 and 16 players both also below us. So pretty good.

Hope round 4 has easier combinations of enemies. Please not like round 2.
  • Finished top 5 in the or tourney. If only I had more patch covers I have 4. Started the game too late and didn't get any in the thieves tournement. Still don't have any useable 3*. Hoping to get 3 panther colours next. If only the bloomin PvE didn't finish at 4pm. On a Monday. Some of us have jobs icon_e_sad.gif

Sorry kolence didn't twig it was you.
  • yeah, i shielded at #4 for patch and apparently ended there. i also now have 4 patch covers icon_razz.gif. it's cool though, he can chill with my **** c.mag and spidey. all my others 3's are in reasonable shape.

round 4 has super-powered lazy thor, so if you've got a decent one, it's really easy. no crazy green feeding call the storm shennanigans, but there is a devil dino. btw, i think a level 140+ IM35 is scarier than patch. just saying.
  • Scored a few more patch covers - so now I'm trying to figure out the next 3* to focus on.

Currently my key team is:
    Punisher 3/5/4 (lvl 128)
    OBW 4/4/5 (lvl 85)
    Thor 5/4/4, Storm 4/5/4 or Wolvie 5/5/3

My current 3*s include:
    IM40 3/3/2 (lvl 77)
    BP 3/1/2 (lvl 53)
    Patch 3/2/2 (lvl 41 - max 64 based on covers)

I have a few others, but none of them have more than 4 covers at this point.

I was thinking Patch, but the problem is the heavy overlap with Punisher on Green/Red. IM40 is the furthest along, but his drain on other AP for Red/Blue is just scary. BP makes the most sense I think, and he can become a decent tank....
  • btw - do we still need help with slots?
  • sinnerjfl
    Don't forget that IM40 also generate a ton of AP so the drain is not that bad. His main role is as a battery anyway, his other skills are too costly to use frequently. There are good finishing moves though, especially his blue.

BP is a good defense/tank character, depends if you need that. His black doesnt get good until higher levels though.

Patch would get along well with Punisher I think, even if they do overlap to an extent. You'd have a choice between 2 great green abilities, 2 great reds as well and a self-healing character. It would give you a lot of options depending on the situation during a match.

I think we always need help with slots, until we reach 20 icon_e_smile.gif
  • Patch and punisher are great because of the green red overlap. Patch will tank (and regen) for Punisher. Then you can use the black for punisher and his strike tile green, you know, if you can't nuke everyone dead after patch roles the strike tile dice.
    IM40 is there for the yellow (and blue nuke).

Can't wait until you can trade covers in an alliance. If I get 1 more purple OBW I'll be sick. Especially as she has only 2 black covers :/