Roll Call for the 8 year forum members!

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
I got my 7 year forum badge last may, and there are less than 75 players with older forum acts.  Feel free to flex your 8 year badge.  I never thought the game much less the forums would still be chugging along.

I gotta admit the 10 year game and forum anniversaries will be special

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,804 Chairperson of the Boards
    April 2014 here!

I left the forum for like 5 years because it just became a toxic pool of hatred and negativity and anyone who enjoyed the game wasn't welcome.  I sort of came back by accident a few months ago and found that all those people were long gone and it's much nicer here now.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    I would be but when they did that forum update a couple of years ago even though I updated my info and everything it said to do I kept get an error msg that I wasn't allowed to view this forum.  I reached out to CS like it said to do if you had problems and that would fix it for a day or two.  After a few times of contacting CS them fixing it and then it breaking again I just said forget it and started a new account.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Yeah I got the 7 badge , feb 2014 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Also 7 forum-years old, May 2014
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm only at 4 years on the forum, 2017 join date. I'm at day 1995 (~5.5 years) in game though.
  • MennoKnight
    MennoKnight Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Jan 2014.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    April 2014 here!

I left the forum for like 5 years because it just became a toxic pool of hatred and negativity and anyone who enjoyed the game wasn't welcome.  I sort of came back by accident a few months ago and found that all those people were long gone and it's much nicer here now.
    Wow I wasn’t around back then but I can’t even imagine people here hating the game more than they do here . I realize people here actually believe it’s their role to “provide negative feedback “ or “ use constructive criticism “ because everyone loves being criticized by people who think they know more than the people who invented and regulate the game . I also enjoy the argument of “ I pay to play so I have the right to abuse the developers “ which is commensurate to  me buying a ticket for an event and therefore that gives me the right to throw things at them . If I had played back then I would have done the same thing and left the forum . I would love the forum if there was a read only version of it where they only posted upcoming game information then I wouldn’t have to filter through 90% of the posts to find the 10% that actually help me play and enjoy the game better . (Most of them yours ).
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,804 Chairperson of the Boards
    April 2014 here!

Wow I wasn’t around back then but I can’t even imagine people here hating the game more than they do here . I realize people here actually believe it’s their role to “provide negative feedback “ or “ use constructive criticism “ because everyone loves being criticized by people who think they know more than the people who invented and regulate the game . I also enjoy the argument of “ I pay to play so I have the right to abuse the developers “ which is commensurate to  me buying a ticket for an event and therefore that gives me the right to throw things at them . If I had played back then I would have done the same thing and left the forum . I would love the forum if there was a read only version of it where they only posted upcoming game information then I wouldn’t have to filter through 90% of the posts to find the 10% that actually help me play and enjoy the game better . (Most of them yours ).
    It's like 1000% better here than it was years ago.  A lot of that is because they've improved their communication quite a bit (yes, I see you over there laughing at this...if you think it's awful now, it used to be a *lot* worse). 

The other major factor is that the devs mostly stopped engaging here.  Once people figured out that nobody was reading their complaints, a lot of them just moved on rather than continuing to scream into the void.

When the devs post something asking for feedback, or if there's a big change that affects a lot of people, you'll see all the old angry people come back for that.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm only at 4 years on the forum, 2017 join date. I'm at day 1995 (~5.5 years) in game though.
    Day 2534 here which translates to 6.9 years. I'm almost there guys.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    I started the game in Dec 2014 (I think it was boxing day) but I didn't join the forum till Jan 2015
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 said:
    Yeah I got the 7 badge , feb 2014

Awnd closing in on chairman of the board
    And your closing in on chairman of the boards. Make your 1000th post good!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on day 2016 but I lurked at the Forums for over a year before signing up. Things have changed here quite a bit but I like the community.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    TheEyeDoctorsWife said:Wow I wasn’t around back then but I can’t even imagine people here hating the game more than they do here . I realize people here actually believe it’s their role to “provide negative feedback “ or “ use constructive criticism “ because everyone loves being criticized by people who think they know more than the people who invented and regulate the game . I also enjoy the argument of “ I pay to play so I have the right to abuse the developers “ which is commensurate to  me buying a ticket for an event and therefore that gives me the right to throw things at them . 
    Pretty close to what it was before. 
    However from what I could deduce on those days was worse yet:"I am a f2p since the game started but I don't need to tell it and everyone having better roster than me is a whale, so this game sucks and devs are hungry thieves. Time to abuse all we can, ranting, and bombing game reviews."
    Yes, I think the spirit was more related to that.
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Huh.  Apparently my 1st post was March 2014.  Stopped playing for a few year, and came back about 3 months ago.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    Started playing in November 2015, joined forum in Feb 2016, so 5.5 years now.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!

I joined this forum long ago
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    I picked the game up in 2016.  entrailbuckets is dead on right about the toxicity of this forum back then (and earlier).  Took a vacation from the game for a couple of years and picked it back up this year.  The forums are much better but the sub-reddit is still better.  
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Day 2817 but only joined forum Sep 16, not sure why so late, maybe was watching but not interested in joining the bun-fight at the time….
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Nice post! It made me login for the first time in a long time. My 7-year will be Feb 2022, but I started playing July/Aug 2014. I haven't played since 2019, but I still check the forums once in awhile to see the new characters.

I am impressed with all the 6yr+ vets out there! Keep on matching!