Change up S.H.I.E.L.D. Training

Rhipf
Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
Could we get a new set of far right opponents every few S.H.I.E.L.D. training runs at a minimum?
Changing them up every time this event is run would be ideal but at least add SOME variety to the mix.

P.S. I still think it is rather silly that you basically need a good 5* roster to win a 4* release event. Can you win without 5*s? Sure but it is A LOT harder to do so (just the increased health pool helps a lot).

Comments

• Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Kwahder said:
    Rhipf said:
    Could we get a new set of far right opponents every few S.H.I.E.L.D. training runs at a minimum?
    The opportunity D3 has been looking for to finally add the Red Skull to the game.

Would it better if I said right most opponents instead?   8^)
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    Heartily second this request. Especially day 3 where you’re penalized by actually firing powers. Lol
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish they would use these events to actually showcase what makes the featured character special. Give them complementary required partners, an AI team that the featured character's powers actually counter, and maybe even boost the featured character all the way to the point where they become relevant in the battle (when necessary). 
    I really don't enjoy having to essentially win a handicap match with Apocalypse+whatever I can get out of the other two.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    to be honest - i kinda like the same characters being used for the training is good, as you can directly see how they perform against the same characters.

for example, Mantis was AMAZING, and dominated, stun locking everyone. this time with Kate, not so much, and i had to Yellowjacket (BTW, this bloke is THE BEST for these rounds) it.

Thing/starlord/Mordo is a great team (they've got AOE, stuns, nukes, cost reduction, and hurt if you're hoarding AP), and you can directly compare them.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you imagine them teaming

1) Quake, C&D and Peggy Carter 

2) Karnak, Rogue and American Chavez

3) SMIW, SM2099 and Silk

4) Carnage, Medusa and Mantis

together. 

I agree that changing the 5* nodes opponents are needed. Do it once or twice per year.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm fine with keeping it as it is. This is the one place where Yellowjacket shines, and thanks to him I beat the current iteration, because Kate and Knull were as helpful as wet tissue paper.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I too don’t want to fix what isn’t broken. There are way more horrific trios to face than these mediocre opponents. You know the devs will put in level 575 Polaris and Juggernaut and Medusa . Those in SCL 10 today saw what he can do alone in a few moves to even your best 5*. I don’t want to face him in a pick one battle. Let it alone .
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,804 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should absolutely change these every time, in a way that actually features and sells the new character. 

I don't know why everyone is assuming a change will make them more difficult or create terrible matchups, that's the opposite of what they should be doing.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of all the repeat fights across this game, these ones actually I don't want to change (opponent-wise).  Generally, they require two (or more) characters that have some sort of perceived synergy.  Finding that synergy and then using it on different teams that you know the opponents and no what to expect in that fight lets you focus entirely on how the new synergy teams work (or don't work for that matter).

Sure, I end of smashing iHulk against the Thing team and letting him absorb all the damage before I win, but I usually bring in a team of recommended characters first just to see how they fare (usually not well for that matter).

So no, don't change those teams...

That being said...  Change their levels for the love of all that is good.  Level 575 enemies are absurd.  If you don't want people mashing them with 5s, gate them out, or at least leave the synergistic versions open.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    3*DP Whales for the win.  This is the only place I ever spend my whale points.  I'm at that age where I have no desire to slog through the event and just want it over ASAP for my shards.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Knull was actually helpful for me with Apocalypse.  Kate Pryde was useless for me in the 5* battles, especially since Apocalypse completely tanked her colors, she wasn't even worthwhile in soaking up a hit or two.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,804 Chairperson of the Boards
    What are you guys doing with Yellowjacket?  I have him championed but I've never used him for anything, what am I missing?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2021
    I'd rather not see them change, they could easily be worse.
    However, they should get rid of the goon that feeds green to Riri.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    What are you guys doing with Yellowjacket?  I have him championed but I've never used him for anything, what am I missing?

Going and staying invisible at which point he ignores Things protects (assuming any are out).
    KGB
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I'd rather not see them change, they could easily be worse.
    However, they should get rid of the goon that feeds green to Riri.
    Taking out that goon first is an absolute must or Riri will just beat you to death in a few flights . I haven’t found any other strategy to work yet .
  • primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    3*DP Whales for the win.  This is the only place I ever spend my whale points.  I'm at that age where I have no desire to slog through the event and just want it over ASAP for my shards.
    I agree 100%--just match purple and fire as soon as I can and drop all the whales.  Then start building them back up for next time around.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Yep I’d vote change it up. I’m so bored of doing it now I just whale it. Even on weeks I then read a simple win. People are just scared they make a harder triple, but so what you can whale it. I’d rather have variety and risk, than the same old tired thing every month.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2021
    I remember trying to do the OLD SHIELD training with a weak 4star roster. It was pretty much impossible to get anything nice from it.  

I now have a good amount of the 5s champed, but whenever it's a 5star that I only have say 3-6 covers of. Those nodes cause me trouble. I've had to use a whale or two to get me through some of the strong nodes. Especially when the 4star has been on the weaker side of things (I think red guardian was one of the worst from memory).

Either lower the level of the enemies on the far right nodes, or un-restrict the middle character. It would make it fairer and more fun.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    I don’t particularly like playing against the same team but it does help evaluate how good your team is and if it has synergy. It’s a measuring stick and I remember Polaris’ release showed how devastating she could be.