**** Kate Pryde (Marauders) ****

Neko
Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin
edited August 2021 in Character Details
2021-07-07-Kate-Pryde-NC-All-Sizespsd1200x628-Fbpng
Kate Pryde (Marauders)
4-Star Rarity 
Affiliations: Heroes, X-Men, Mutants
"In the new age of Krakoa, Kate Pryde serves as the Red Queen of the Hellfire Trading Company. As captain of her Marauder crew, she travels across the world to rescue persecuted mutants and bring them home." 
(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
4038 Health / 14956 Health
 42 | 37 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 33 | 23 | 3.0x
 85 | 74 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 65 | 43 | 3.0x

Safe Harbor - 6  AP
To me, my Marauders! Captain Kate takes the helm to bring Mutants to Krakoa. Creates 3 Blue Protect tiles of strength 9. Then, improves 2 friendly special tiles by 9. (Max level creates tiles of strength 18, improves tiles by 18)
(PASSIVE) Friendly special tiles are 12% stronger for each active Mutant on Kate's team.
  • Level 2: Creates Protect tiles of strength 14, and improves tiles by 14. Friendly special tiles are 16% stronger. (Max level creates tiles of strength 27, improves tiles by 27)
  • Level 3: Creates 4 Protect tiles. Friendly special tiles are 20% stronger.
  • Level 4: Creates Protect tiles of strength 18, and improves 3 tiles by 18. Friendly special tiles are 30% stronger. (Max level creates tiles of strength 36, improves tiles by 36)
  • Level 5: Creates 5 Protect tiles of strength 23, and improves 4 tiles by 23. Friendly special tiles are 48% stronger. (Max level creates tiles of strength 45, improves tiles by 45)
The Red Queen - 8  AP
Your ship, your pride, your sword? It all belongs to her. Create 1 Purple 4-turn Countdown tile that deals 139 damage to the target each turn. When this tile expires, steal 3 enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles and improve them by 57. (Max level 271 damage)
  • Level 2: Creates 2 Countdown tiles.
  • Level 3: Countdown tile deals 185 damage each turn. When it expires, it improves the stolen tiles by 68. (Max level 360 damage)
  • Level 4: Countdown tile deals 204 damage each turn. When it expires, steals 4 tiles and improves them by 80. (Max level 398 damage)
  • Level 5: Creates 3 Countdown tiles that deal 232 damage each turn. (Max level 453 damage)
Not Just a Phase -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Kate Pryde grabs hold of all that is dear and phases it through danger, then fights back with a vengeance. At the start of the turn, if one doesn't exist, create a 2-turn Fortified Green Repeater tile that collects the strength of all matched or destroyed Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles. When this tile expires, deal 150% of the collected strength as damage to the target, then reset (max 428 damage). (Max level increase max damage to 833)
  • Level 2: Deals 250% of collected strength as damage (to a max of 599). (Max level increase max damage to 1166)
  • Level 3: Deals 350% of collected strength as damage (to a max of 770). (Max level increase max damage to 1499)
  • Level 4: Deals 550% of collected strength as damage (to a max of 1113). (Max level increase max damage to 2166)
  • Level 5: Deals 850% of collected strength as damage (to a max of 1798). (Max level increase max damage to 3499)

RELEASE SCHEDULE

Release Events:

Story

Introducing... Kate Pryde – July 15-22

• Rewards Iso-8 and a Heroic Token

• Kate Pryde (Marauders) Shards in Progression rewards

The Hunt – July 15-19

• Rewards tokens to the The Hunt Cover Pack

• Kate Pryde (Marauders) in Placement rewards

Thick as Thieves – July 18-23

• Kate Pryde (Marauders) in Progression rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. – July 18-23

• Kate Pryde (Marauders) shards in Progression rewards

• Rewards tokens to the Kate Pryde & Friends vault

Versus

Strange Days – July 15-18

• Kate Pryde (Marauders) in Placement rewards

Seas the Day – July 17-20

• Kate Pryde (Marauders) in Progression rewards

• Rewards tokens to the Kate Pryde & Friends vault

OFFERS

Kate Pryde & Friends - July 18-24

• 80 Item Vault

• 3x 4-Stars

• 1x Kate Pryde (Marauders) cover

• 1x Beast (Age of Apocalypse) cover

• 1x Random 4-Star cover

• 7x Tokens

• 1x Legendary token

• 1x Mighty Token

• 2x Heroic Tokens

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• 6x Iso-8

• 1x 5,000 Iso-8

• 2x 2,500 Iso-8

• 3x 1,000 Iso-8

• 15x 3-Stars

• 3x Wolverine (Patch) cover

• 12x Random 3-Star covers

• 49x 2-Stars

• 10x Daken (Dark Avengers) cover

• 39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    I…. Have no idea who this is but they are absurdly powerful… that black passive is so cool and so insanely scary if paired with Nico. 
  • Venomous
    edited July 2021
    Wait! They play with Nico. Calling it! This is Molly Hayes. They are designed to play with the Runaways and their synergy is Runaways. I am certain this is Molly with how hard she hits. She is the remaining colors needed for the Runaways too. Synergy is Mutant and Runaways or Inhuman and Runaways based on which Molly it is.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Whelp... looks like another Polaris team is about to hit the scene. I, also, have no idea who this could be. I was hoping the powers would give me some ideas, but no.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    By elimination, those two affiliations are likely to be x-men/mutant or Avengers/Team Cap tag because the hero tag is revealed. 

First power is likely to be capped at a max of 60% or 20% each.

Second power is Elektra's red + Antman's weaker blue.

Third power is likely 30-40% of the collected strength.

5/3/5 for me. First fit is Polaris/R4G. Nico or Hellcat can replace R4G. At higher level, Hela/Kitty/Mehneto/OMD could be good. 
  • LazyHex
    LazyHex Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    With the clue and skillset  ,I am thinking likely to be pirate kitty pyrde
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I don't think it is Molly Hayes because this character has more team affiliations than Nico and Karolina.
    Also where would the I'm a Pirate clue come in on that one.
    I'm going with Kitty Pryde.
  • Venomous
    I don't think it is Molly Hayes because this character has more team affiliations than Nico and Karolina.
    Also where would the I'm a Pirate clue come in on that one.
    I'm going with Kitty Pryde.
    Molly Hayes is a Mutant and Molly Hernandez is an Inhuman. Nico and Karolina aren’t any of those 
  • Alsebra
    Alsebra Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I'm still fighting for Corsair.  Affiliation could be Hero (to match with Electro's wording), X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy, or an unreleased affiliation (perhaps Infinity Watch?);  first power could be his leadership abilities protecting and boosting his allies, second could be a reference to him being a space pirate (like Star-Lord...and it is similar to Quill's Purple), and third could reference his twin energy blasters drawing power for an attack.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Come to think of it, ?? Shield training might not be easy. Apart from the red power, the rest of the power is pretty much low to zero damage.

Assuming the total strength of special tiles matched or destroyed is 15000 when the repeater hits 1, and the % is 40%, it's only 6000 damage.

Brace yourself for a difficult shield training.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    He seems to pair good with polaris, as his passive works for own player tiles. Also BRB too, but possibly his affiliation wont be one of them. 
    Perhaps with kitty and karoline if converting protects to strike still remains the possible % affiliation. 
    Apart from that, not much. He relies heavily on partners or on special tiles enemy.
  • SecretAmbush
    SecretAmbush Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2021
    Marauder Kate Pryde! She's a pirate and a marauder, x-men, krakoan. So, maybe? The black passive looks like a counter to Polaris.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Kwahder said:
    Boy, I am amazed at the number of people guessing it’s Marauder Kitty Pryde based on *checks notes* no evidence whatsoever. I wonder what led them to this conclusion?
    If I had to take a wild stab in the dark as to why, it would probably be the pirate clue that makes them think that

in all seriousness though, this character does play with special tiles, and has qualities that function similar (not the same, just similar) to 5* Kitty, so she isn’t completely out of field as a guess
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2021
    Sounds like a weaker 4-star clone of Kitty to me. 
    Yellow creates three protect tiles and fortifies other specials. Come on. 
    Circuit breaker is like a mixture and variation  of the other two powers where you destroy (instead of steal) enemy's special tiles and punish the enemy for having them - like when circuit breaker expires. 
    I don't know who Marauder Kitty is that was mentioned before but I'm hoping for a Pirate Kitty from Uncanny X-Men 153. That was a funny story I know since my childhood and reread last year during the stay-at-home months. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Given that there are 277 Marvel Pirate characters according to at least one website, I don't think the pirate clue quite explains it. However, the pirate clue in conjunction with the power set that does seem similar in a lot of ways to 5* Kitty does provide some evidence.

She looks like she will pair well with Beta Ray Bill, but as a 5* player I don't see her being the rare 4* who has relevance in 5* land (e.g. Polaris, America, Rocket), so really a transition character. I don't see her being anything other than a necessary essential. But 4* players, please do enjoy!

Now the big question--could she be a feeder, and if so for who?
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Will Lockheed support have synergy with her?
  • Venomous
    edited July 2021
    I am a bit confused how they would be good with Polaris though. Polaris does make a whole ton of special tiles yes, but aren’t they all absurdly weak? Like, aren’t they supposed to be strength 50 for each she makes or something? That black passive won’t be very effective if the strength of the special tiles is so low.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,015 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Venomous said:
    I am a bit confused how they would be good with Polaris though. Polaris does make a whole ton of special tiles yes, but aren’t they all absurdly weak? Like, aren’t they supposed to be strength 50 for each she makes or something? That black passive won’t be very effective if the strength of the special tiles is so low.
    *New Character*’s yellow power boosts the strength of 4 special tiles for only 6 AP. 
  • Venomous
    Oh. Missed that. Yeah. That will work. Didn’t realize how many they could buff at a time. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kwahder said:
    Boy, I am amazed at the number of people guessing it’s Marauder Kitty Pryde based on *checks notes* no evidence whatsoever. I wonder what led them to this conclusion?
    Seems we have a number of psychics in our midst, right. Just like when 5* Colossus was “guessed” in the monthly notes.