Coming back after a loooong time

ProfXaos
ProfXaos Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
Hello,

I quite a ways back (I think just after Silver Surfer and the first Galactus event) and I am giving this a try again.  I was never very well educated on the game -- and it has changed quite a bit in the mean time.  It seems to be more fun than I remember.

Anyway, I am returning after being in the 3* -> 4* transition.  Of course, they have added a ton of 3*s in the mean time.  I don't have any complete 4* -- most are 1-3 covers.  Should I sell all of my 4*s to make room for a 2* farm (I dropped most of the 2* because there was not much reason to keep them back then)? Is there a threshold of covers I should just keep the 4* -- or a list of 4* worth keeping?

It looks like I need to make a 2-3* transition all over again with the time away. 

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome back. I think it might be more efficient to keep your four stars and just hoard tokens until your two star farm is rolling. Don’t open unless you can immediately roster. It might take a while, but it will take longer to get back the four star covers. Or, there is a up-to-date tier list on the MPQ Reddit. There are a few characters that probably could be deleted that you won’t miss. 

As an aside. For four stars, Favourite Polaris. Then Rocket and Groot when she is champed. Then Juggernaut. They are the PvE shizzle right now. 
  • ProfXaos
    ProfXaos Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Thank you
  • ObiWanPEZ
    ObiWanPEZ Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Kitty as a 5* (Phase and Conquer) is also really helpful for the Polaris / Grocket combination. Or Nico Minoru for 4*, or even Sam Wilson for 3*, in the meantime.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    ProfXaos said:
    Hello,

I quite a ways back (I think just after Silver Surfer and the first Galactus event) and I am giving this a try again.  I was never very well educated on the game -- and it has changed quite a bit in the mean time.  It seems to be more fun than I remember.

Anyway, I am returning after being in the 3* -> 4* transition.  Of course, they have added a ton of 3*s in the mean time.  I don't have any complete 4* -- most are 1-3 covers.  Should I sell all of my 4*s to make room for a 2* farm (I dropped most of the 2* because there was not much reason to keep them back then)? Is there a threshold of covers I should just keep the 4* -- or a list of 4* worth keeping?

It looks like I need to make a 2-3* transition all over again with the time away. 

Welcome back.

I always recommend the following 3s and 4s for PVP and PVE. Listed in order of priority.

PVE 3s - Dr Strange, Ironman 40, Ironfist, Thanos (3star).

PVE 4s - Polaris, Rocket and groot (4star. also known as r4g), J4ggernaut, Karnak.

Mantis came out recently and she could be useful in pve. You'd use less healthpacks, but in return the matches would be slower.
    Morbius is also great against special tile spammers / goons.

Not having 2s will slow down your resource allocation a bit and lock you out of 2 of the deadpool daily nodes.  

If you have any single covered 4s that aren't meta (check here), then consider selling them when you get 2s or 3s you have not got rostered.  

Think of roster progression as a tree or plant. You want strong roots (2stars), and everything that grows out of them helps the rest of the tree grow (3s 4s 5s).  

Save elite, heroic, mighty and Latest legend tokens if you are short on HP for new roster spaces.
    Tacos are up to you. It's probably better to pull on the small chance you get some HP

As for PVP

PVP 3s - Dr Strange, Ironman40, Ironfist, Cyclops, Luke Cage, Scarlet Witch, Kumala Khan are the ones that spring to mind. They all have passives, or good cheap powers or stuns or board manipulation.  

PVP4s - Polaris, R4G, then whoever else you want. Karnak is useful. Mantis may be useful (shes still new), Medusa is good on defense, B4east (dark beast) works well with polaris too and  Morbius is a good check to other polaris' teams.

Favourite one of each 3 and 4star tier until you get 13 covers. Then favourite the next one.

So start with Dr strange and polaris and move on from there.

Anything else you want to know, ask.