SCL10

Sekilicious
Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
So I just reached level 120, meaning I can join SCL10 for PvE and PvP. Does anyone have any advice for completing progression with a new 4* roster (20 champed including all meta except Vulture and Mantis, 19 waiting for iso)? Is it possible on easy events?

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Since no one is reading this I will just use it for a diary, lol. 
    So I accidentally (not paying enough attention) entered SCL10 in Honour Among Thieves. The first day went ok considering my highest character is 4* lvl 281 (C4rnage). The symbiotes had tons of health, of course, but as they were not tile movers did not pose much of a threat. I’m not looking forward to the mindless ones. 

The challenge node was Carbage, 1* Venom, and a symbiote. I tried to go winfinite with BRB, Polaris, 1* Juggernaut, but BRB died to match damage just as I got the green to start the engine. I might try again but might be too under leveled at this point. I suspect that I might have had luck if I had Mantis and Vulture champed but hard to tell. 
  • Sekilicious
    edited June 2021
    Oh yeah. I was able to get green check marks on everything the first day, except the hardest node in the first line, the 5e, and of course the challenge node. I doubt I will make progression since I missed so much. I was considering trying to do easy PvE events on SCL10 but the mooks have too many HP. I might try boosts and winfinite to get through some stuff, but the mindless ones are going to prove impossible, especially when they put out attack tiles. 
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    You will probably make progression, Remember there's a lot more points in scl10.
    I never play optimally and still end up with close to average t10 score. 

• Sekilicious
    Oh yeah, I’m just concerned that I’m missing points from clears on the easiest day.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Good luck🙂
  • Sekilicious
    One hasn’t lived until they spend an hour trying to winfinite 100k health mindless ones that passively do 8k dmg/rd. Thankfully that part of my life is over. I would kill for an ihulkoye or thorocslypse right now. 
  • Sekilicious
    Ok going into the last day I need 12,400 pts for progression. I can’t remember what the last day was like but I should be able to handle it, hopefully. I won’t be back without at least one five star though. Either BRB or Kitty. 
  • Sekilicious
    Made progression by strength of the BRB winfinite. There are a few nodes I’m not sure how to approach since the Savage mindless ones are tinykitty and kill off my under leveled BRB before I can get the engine going. I’m not sure how the Th4nos winfinite could ever get going. I struggled to find 6 green ap sometimes, and even then there often were not enough protect tiles on the board to get anything going. 

As an aside, I was thinking of BRB as my first champed 5*, but now I’m thinking Kitty might be better for PvE, since she has synergy with both Polaris and Grocket. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    You picked a very tough event to go SCL10. 

The key to using Than4s is Bill has to soak up some damage but once you can fire Than4s green it is more reliable in getting the winfinite going because of the greater board destruction. So from that perspective the bigger your Bill, the better.

You know who else Kitty has great synergy with? Beta Ray Bill! Even though we are getting numerous Hulkoye counters now, those two already worked just fine anyway.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Made progression by strength of the BRB winfinite. There are a few nodes I’m not sure how to approach since the Savage mindless ones are tinykitty and kill off my under leveled BRB before I can get the engine going. I’m not sure how the Th4nos winfinite could ever get going. I struggled to find 6 green ap sometimes, and even then there often were not enough protect tiles on the board to get anything going. 

As an aside, I was thinking of BRB as my first champed 5*, but now I’m thinking Kitty might be better for PvE, since she has synergy with both Polaris and Grocket. 
    Kitty and polaris will get you further than brb will.
    I started scl10 with 2/5/1 kitty the key is having her pink in 5.
    I have picked up several 5 covers since and now comfortably make t50 most events. This was only a few months ago too, since then I have fully covered kitty and brb. 
  • Sekilicious
    For some reason I was thinking that BRB/Polaris would be better in pick 2 PvP. But dedicating to PvE will probably be better in the long run. My BRB is good enough to get the winfinite going anyways. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    BRB is more of a scarecrow on defence in PvP.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Here’s my question:
    who is the “best/meta” PVE team now? I run Kitty/Rocket/Polaris to run through story nodes, but the GREEN node gets tougher and can knock me out after the first clear.

I hear hints that it has something to do with Immortal Huln and Okoye but don’t have either covered very well right now. Thanks for any links to other posts or guides!

Meaningless backstory: 
    I’m new to the SCL 10 players too. When it first came out I was running Gamor4/Rocket/Medusa for PVE and never touched PvP. Shortly before Milestones came out, Kitty Pryde was the first 5* I got all covers for so I championed her. Once I got Polaris I’ve been hitting the progression from SHIELD SIMULATOR every season.

I’ve been running Kitty/Rocket/Polaris is SCL 8 PVE until about 5 PVEs ago. Now SLC10 ain’t so bad. Except for the GREEN nodes
  • Sekilicious
    edited September 2021
    I am currently in a second attempt at SCL10 in Honor Among Thieves.  The BRB, Polaris, Th4nos winfinite makes this so much more palatable. Grocket being boosted certainly helps. I still haven’t been able to do challenge nodes because the Savage Mindless Ones suck.
  • Sekilicious
    edited September 2021
    My success with Honor Among Thieves, along with the acquisition of Carol’s Communicator and Yaro Root has emboldened me to try Infinite Pursuit at SCL10. I will probably keep my thoughts here since no one seems to read this section of the comments anyways, haha.
  • Sekilicious
    edited September 2021
    Here’s my question:
    who is the “best/meta” PVE team now? I run Kitty/Rocket/Polaris to run through story nodes, but the GREEN node gets tougher and can knock me out after the first clear.

I hear hints that it has something to do with Immortal Huln and Okoye but don’t have either covered very well right now. Thanks for any links to other posts or guides!

Meaningless backstory: 
    I’m new to the SCL 10 players too. When it first came out I was running Gamor4/Rocket/Medusa for PVE and never touched PvP. Shortly before Milestones came out, Kitty Pryde was the first 5* I got all covers for so I championed her. Once I got Polaris I’ve been hitting the progression from SHIELD SIMULATOR every season.

I’ve been running Kitty/Rocket/Polaris is SCL 8 PVE until about 5 PVEs ago. Now SLC10 ain’t so bad. Except for the GREEN nodes
    I think you nailed it. Okoye (with Royal Talon Fighter) and iHulk (with yellow ap generation support) is the fastest according to my research.  Though Apocalypse and 1/2 Thor (no idea on supports) are a close second. That probably changes depending on the boosted list, if you have America Chavez champed and are willing to spend on ap boosts. But my mediocre roster isn’t enough to test out that hypothesis.

Sorry it took months for me to respond. 
  • Sekilicious
    edited September 2021
    Unfortunately the placement rewards for barely making progression in SCL10 are basically non-existent. I’m unconvinced that the overall rewards from doing SCL10 and 9 are much different, other than the 5* shards. I’m looking forward to doing an event other than HaT though. Maybe Infinite Pursuit will change my mind a bit.

edit - oh yeah, there are many more 4* shards too. CP, on the other hand, is pretty similar depending on your experience with the essential 5* node.
  • Sekilicious
    edited September 2021
    Day 1 of Infinite Pursuit went well. I could not do the challenge node (Carbage murders someone in two rounds) or the last 2 clears of the 4* and 5* nodes. I was only able to do the clears for the Savage Mindless Tinykitties thanks to my recently champed Morbius. I got to three clears for the 5* node thanks to Morbius as well. I was a little disappointed for the 4* node because Mantis is a great counter for C4rnage but rng and health packs were not on my side.

Edit - lucked into a green check mark for the 4* thanks to Polaris and Grocket (works so well with Mantis) and BRB and Polaris handled the 5* node pretty easily, probably thanks to rng as well.
  • Sekilicious
    Day 2 - also full clears on main and green check marks on essential. Three clears on challenge because BRB keeps dying to GG match damage. Non-tile movers means it is easy to get the winfinite engine going. Boosted Grocket is also insane on most of the easier nodes.
  • Sekilicious
    Infinite Pursuit is going pretty successfully so will try against tile movers in Unstable ISO-8. Polaris is boosted so that should reduce their pain.