***** Electro (Francine Frye) *****

Neko
Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin
edited August 2021 in Character Details
Electro-NC-1200x628png
Electro (Francine Frye)
5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Villains, Sinister Six

"Francine Frye was Manhattan's biggest fan of Super Villains, until she accidentally died at the hands of one of them. Now she's been resurrected in a cloned body with powers stolen from the man that killed her. Although she has also taken that man's name and mask, she's building a reputation that is all her own; standing strong among those that had once left her star-struck. Now she is their peer. Now she is Electro."

(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)
14304 Health / 57493 Health
 177 | 29 | 25 | 27 | 227 | 202 | 112 | 3.5x
 708 | 116 | 98 | 107 | 909 | 808 | 450 | 3.5x

Volts, Bolts, & Jolts - 7  AP
Electro calls down a steady rhythm of lightning bolts. Creates 3 Red Countdown tiles in different columns that range from 1 to 3 turns. When each expires, it deals 281 damage and destroys all tiles above it in its column. (Destroyed tiles deal damage, but do not generate AP.) (Max level 1130 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 442 damage. (Max level 1776 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 562 damage. (Max level 2260 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 843 damage. (Max level 3390 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1445 damage. (Max level 5811 damage)
Love of Villainy - 8  AP
The good guys just don't know how fun it is to be bad. Deals 3214 damage plus an additional 2009 damage if there are 6 or fewer Team-Up tiles on the board. (Max level 12920 damage plus an additional 8075 damage)
(PASSIVE) Electro takes 14% less damage for each other active Villain on her team.
  • Level 2: Deals 3535 damage plus an additional 2330 damage. Takes 15% less damage for each other Villain. (Max level 14212 damage plus an additional 9367 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 3857 damage plus an additional 2572 damage. Takes 17% less damage for each other Villain. (Max level 15504 damage plus an additional 10336 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 4018 damage plus an additional 3214 damage if fewer than 7 Team-Up tiles. Takes 20% less damage for each other Villain. (Max level deals 16150 damage plus an additional 12920 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 5022 damage plus an additional 4621 damage. Takes 25% less damage for each other Villain. (Max level 20188 damage plus an additional 18573 damage)
Free of Charge - 5  AP
Francine grounds herself and drains the energy all around her, channeling the excess into the earth. Creates a strength 189 Strike tile in the bottom row. (Max level creates a strength 759 Strike tile)
(PASSIVE) Whenever an enemy power would deal damage to Electro's entire team, reduce that damage by 884 (to a minimum of 1) and generate 5 Yellow AP. (Max level reduces 3553 damage)
  • Level 2: Creates a strength 205 Strike tile. Reduces damage by 964. (Max level creates a strength 824 Strike tile, reduces 3876 damage)
  • Level 3: Creates a strength 221 Strike tile. Reduces damage by 1085. (Max level creates a strength 888 Strike tile, reduces 4360 damage)
  • Level 4: Creates a strength 261 Strike tile. Reduces damage by 1286. (Max level creates a strength 1050 Strike tile, reduces 5168 damage)
  • Level 5: Creates a strength 334 Strike tile. Reduces damage by 1647. (Max level creates a strength 1340 Strike tile, reduces 6622 damage)

Release Schedule

Store Offerings

Wicked Electro Cover Store - July 1-11

• Chance to get Electro (Francine Frye). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Electro Limited Vault - July 8-13

• 40 Items

• 1x It’s Alive Legendary Store Token

• 1x 4-Star Monica Rambeau (Agent of S.W.O.R.D.) cover

• 3x Random 3-Star covers

• 6x Heroic tokens

• 4x 2500 Iso

• 6x 1000 Iso

• 5x 500 Iso

• 14x Two stars

It’s Alive Legendary Store - July 8-13

• 15% chance to get Electro (Francine Frye), Doctor Octopus (Classic), The Hulk (Immortal)

• Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Release Debut:

Strange Sights - July 1-5

• Electro (Francine Frye) in placement rewards

Introducing… Electro - July 1-8

Featured Event:

Unstable Iso-8 - July 4-9

• Electro (Francine Frye) as a progression reward

Versus Tournaments:

Stars and Strikes (America Chavez (Young Avengers)) - July 1-5

• Electro (Francine Frye) shards as a placement reward

Current Events - July 4-7

• Rewards tokens to the Wicked Electro cover store

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting. Kit doesn’t scream any particular character to me.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    What happens if there are fewer than 3 columns with Red tiles? Do you just get fewer count downs or does it turn a basic tile to red and create a count down on it? I assume the former.
    That Yellow passive is going to fuel Okoye's Heal constantly against iHulk teams.
    KGB
    P.S. This power set doesn't scream Electro so pretty sure it's not him even though the team affiliation would make sense with Sinister Six.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hahahahahaha you guys, Scarlet Witch already killed the Hulk!  He's super dead, we really don't need another Okoye partner that also counters Hulk.
  • entrailbucket
    KGB said:
    What happens if there are fewer than 3 columns with Red tiles? Do you just get fewer count downs or does it turn a basic tile to red and create a count down on it? I assume the former.
    With regards to the strike tile (Yellow power), will any friendly strike tile in the bottom row work or does it have to be one specifically created by this character? If it's any friendly strike tile that's a very nice power against iHulk :)
    KGB
    P.S. This power set doesn't scream Electro so pretty sure it's not him even though the team affiliation would make sense with Sinister Six.
    His passive generates 5 yellow every time his team gets hit by any AOE.  The strike tile thing is an active power.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    With regards to the strike tile (Yellow power), will any friendly strike tile in the bottom row work or does it have to be one specifically created by this character? If it's any friendly strike tile that's a very nice power against iHulk :)
    KGB
    His passive generates 5 yellow every time his team gets hit by any AOE.  The strike tile thing is an active power.

D'oh. I misread it as you needed the strike tile to exist to get the AOE reduction. I edited my original comment to remove that question. So this power is 5* Quake combined with Bishop's General Reserves (pre-nerf).
    KGB
  • entrailbucket
    KGB said:
    KGB said:
    KGB

D'oh. I misread it as you needed the strike tile to exist to get the AOE reduction. I edited my original comment to remove that question. So this power is 5* Quake combined with Bishop's General Reserves (pre-nerf).
    KGB
    That's exactly it...I just don't understand who's asking for this character.  Basically he's meant to partner with Okoye to give her infinite yellow, but only when they're fighting the Hulk.  Hulk was already essentially unusable due to Scarlet Witch, so I don't really see this guy having much use.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dont forget apocalypse always hungering yellow.
    This guy can help cascade bros with his green, also the match damage duo.
    Its rare to see a toolkit easy to understand nowadays.
    Obviously the affiliation should be villains. If it was specifically sinixter six, he wont have any partner in 5* land as carnage is just villains. So the affiliation should be simply villains imo. In this case villains would get a great pump up, such as apocalypse.(and I would try to champ him like crazy).
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Electro. A character with a yellow/green/black costume gets yellow/green/black powers. One of which creates a strike tile and generates yellow AP ala Electro creating yellow lightning bolts....
    The kit doesn't seem all that great unless those numbers are somehow off the charts.
  • Bad
    Another affiliation could be villains mutant. However electro is not a mutant, so it would be rare.
    In any case this character needs the damage reduction because he has the same low health pool as SW.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    This character has slightly lower health and match damage than Scarlett Witch.... So those numbers are gonna need to be pretty high for this character to be worth a damn IMO.
  • entrailbucket
    He has different powers but he just fills Scarlet Witch's role on the team.  Pair them with Okoye (or Apocalypse, I guess) only when you're fighting Hulk. 

Against any non-Hulk team, both Scarlet Witch and this guy are somewhere between mediocre and awful.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Bad said:
    ...If it was specifically sinixter six, he wont have any partner in 5* land as carnage is just villains...
    Don't forget about 5* Doctor Octopus and 5* Green Goblin. Both have the Sinister Six affiliation (both also have the villains affiliation, so they get included either way.
  • Bad
    helix72 said:
    Don't forget about 5* Doctor Octopus and 5* Green Goblin. Both have the Sinister Six affiliation (both also have the villains affiliation, so they get included either way.
    That would be pretty rare unless they were rebalanced, and I dont think that could happen in2 weeks.
    Fair enough, there are still chances for it.
    So this character could be electro and his partners those old classics, or he could be affiliation villains mutant and his partners apocalypse and onslaught and he wont be electro. No more possibilities there.
    Omega red cannot possibly be because of that low health pool. 
  • entrailbucket
    He has different powers but he just fills Scarlet Witch's role on the team.  Pair them with Okoye (or Apocalypse, I guess) only when you're fighting Hulk. 

Against any non-Hulk team, both Scarlet Witch and this guy are somewhere between mediocre and awful.

Strongly disagree in that comparison.
    Scarlett Witch has passive AP generation in any color at a low cost. Passive damage every turn based on enemy damage deal. Enemy skill denial. Passive damage reduction to the team.
    This guy only generates yellow when hit by a team attack. His damage reduction is only if he has a certain team affiliation on the team.
    I don't think everybody would have busted their hoardes for Scarlett Witch if she was awful in any situation not involving iHulk.
    SW passive AP generation is generally just used to keep Okoye topped up on yellow.  Her passive damage and damage reduction is extremely low unless you're getting hit by an AOE+a cascade from Hulk every turn.  Her blue power is overcosted and difficult to keep on the board.

Try fighting her using any non-Hulk team and see how easy she is to kill.  She's a cupcake when you're using boosted 5*.  She did almost immediately drive Hulk out of the meta, because she just absolutely shreds him, but she's bad against anything else.

The fact that a bunch of people went all in for her doesn't make her better...MPQ groupthink is quite strong.  A bunch of people went all in on the Dr Doom/Captain Marvel/Hela combo too, and they're bad.

Anyway my point is, given that SW has completely murdered Hulk, why do we need another exclusive Hulk counter who only works with Okoye?
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Many are unsure but I am certain this is Electro. He would finally complete the 5 star Sinister Six trio, he makes countdown tiles for Green Goblin to protect, and the colors are befitting for him. Honestly, if the numbers are good enough he could make a Sinister Six team become somewhat popular. Put him with Doc Ock or Green Goblin and it'll be very difficult to kill him. It's uncertain how much damage negation it is too. 

The problem though is I don't think either Sinister Six character is very good and we don't have any very powerful 4 stars either. Even if the numbers for him are good, the question is whether he has a Sinister Six member to partner with. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    SW is also great against Prof X + Onslaught. She has saved my team from getting slaughtered multiple times. My most number of charges stored is 11 or 12. Having more options to deal with opponents are always great. 

Back to this character, his green power is unpredictable because it will destroy a total of between 0 to 21 tiles.  However, it's more likely to destroy at least 9 tiles because you will try to make matches to bring them down, assuming all went off successfully.

His black passive power is similar to Prof $'s, without the other non-Xmen part. Ideally, the cap would be higher. And hopefully, it's based on the Villian tag, instead of some specific team tag. As for his active black, it should be decent because having fewer than 7 teamup tiles is not easy. 

Moving on to his yellow passive, it's a 5* version Quake's passive and we are short of characters who can generate only yellow ap. Besides Kingpin, Mysterio, 5* CM and those characters that generate strongest team colour, the rest are creating yellow tiles randomly. Active power is just that: creating a strike tile at the bottom row. I think he can be paired with someone to make better use of those yellow ap generated. At least 50% Thor won't be that afraid of AoE now. And, 4* players will be happy to use him against 4* Juggernaut and hope that cascades get created.

My first impression is 3/5/5.