**** Mantis (Guardians of the Galaxy) ****

Comments

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Morbius should help to keep at least enemy specials from purple tiles. Put Morbius so that his passive activates first.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Playing her pvp I found her green very reliable although not being the permastun at level 5. Her purple being a 3 cd turn it is too slow. I upgraded it to level 3 and being 2 turns it is in a whole different league, although it must be at level 5 too.
    On her WTS, playing with colossus who gives enemy strikes I won at first try, despite carnage shakes the board too much and uses to mess her purple, being another time her green the most useful power.
    For The Thing node, it will be pretty easy: firing a power starlord will fire his yellow repeater, being then her purple food.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    I fought my second Carndusa guy today. That went much easier this time around. I focus on killing Medusa first and down they go. Not sure about Polaris + BRB though, have yet to try taking on those.

Other than that, I'm just having a blast with Murdock's green skill + GSBW board clearing abilities. 5* DD seems an extremely good character to have. His green is so nasty. In the previous PvP event with Northstar, I was using Northstar's blue ability to destroy DD's special green tile. Pretty fun I should say. It still works if DD is stunned, even.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Akoni said:
    I would go 5/5/3 on this one. Her green at 4 is only good if I can prevent the tile from being matched so it can expire. At 5, it can wreak havoc, but becomes a repeater which makes it a permanent weakness requiring me to protect it constantly.

As far as being a feeder, she likely won't be one. The only connections I see thus far are Star-Lord, Thanos, Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America IW. I doubt she will be a feeder for any of those. Ego as a future release, maybe?
    I think she needs a 5/3/5 build if you don't bring any special tile generators alongside her, her yellow will be completely useless if you don't have any special tiles to give to the enemy team.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 for me. At 5 covers, it turns into a repeater tile from a cd tile. You can save your green ap for other allies after you stun the target forever.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    For once Welcome to SHIELD with Mantis, Carnage and Kitty as third was a welcome breeze. The enemy team spent the entire match stunned, thank you Mantis!
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2021
    Besides Venom Eddie Brock, Agent Coulson is a fun pairing in shield training. Both Mantis and Carbage have cheap powers. You gain 2 random ap per friendly cd resolved and AC put 1 cd every time you fire a power. On top of that, with enough teamup ap, he can makes your cd goes off immediately. However, Carbage might not be able to make an extra move every turn. 

On the other hand, EB guarantees that Carbage makes an extra move every turn due to how easy it is to spam yellow protect tiles. It can help to block Starlord from putting his yellow cd too.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried WTS with polaris. They didnt have the slightest chance. Finally I run out of purple basic tiles, all the board were special tiles, but The Thing's team bite the dust and all my team was healed.
    I tried twin hammers of knull CN third try with my baby buffed champed colossus, killmonger, and my mantis 3/1/3. Another win.
    If all that it is not meaning she is remarkably good, I dont know what else could mean.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't see too many in the wild, but Gwenpool's gun tile doesn't trigger Mantis' purple.  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    The gun tile doesn't belong to anybody, so I think that might be why it is exempt.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Messed around with Mantis/Gamora/5*DD and man….. I’ve never gotten so many insta-kills with Deadlist Woman In The World in my life. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,804 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did anyone try her with Hawkeye yet?  That team generates an insane amount of blue AP vs special tile opponents.
  • Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Idk if someone else said this already, but as far as a fun team that really surprised me at how they immediately worked well together and honestly made the match super interesting, I paired Mantis, Prowler, and Polaris. Wowzah what a singer! I didn't want to throw another Polaris combo out there, but the main point here is that Prowler and Mantis are incredibly FUN to play!
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Did anyone try her with Hawkeye yet?  That team generates an insane amount of blue AP vs special tile opponents.

I did a write-up on the previous page. That team did generate a ton of blue ap.
  • entrailbucket
    hothie said:

Ah sorry, wrong Hawkeye!  The 5* one will generate blue and red every time one of Mantis's CD tiles goes off.  Mantis/Hawkeye/Somebody would be another potential stunlock team for overleveled PvE fights.
  • HoundofShadow
    Iceman is probably the best teammate but you need someone to create special tiles reliably for enemies as the match goes. Her yellow power exists but it's probably too slow.

I'm already seeing (champed) Mantis in shield sim. I think that's another anti-Polaris/BRB/Kitty to use.
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    hothie said:

Ah sorry, wrong Hawkeye!  The 5* one will generate blue and red every time one of Mantis's CD tiles goes off.  Mantis/Hawkeye/Somebody would be another potential stunlock team for overleveled PvE fights.
    My bad. I should have guessed you meant 5*. I'll keep your idea in mind for when I get him. :)
  • entrailbucket
    I tried it in the shield training fight with Carnage and it's pretty good!

Normally you're using Hawkeye/a CD guy/a blue stunner on these teams.  With Mantis, vs a special tilespam team, Mantis takes care of the stunlock part all on her own.  So you'd be looking for a 3rd with a big red or blue damage power to take advantage of Hawkeye's AP generation.
  • entrailbucket
    4* Captain Marvel (with her yellow power set to 5 covers) is another neat way to take advantage of Mantis's crazy 1-turn CD tile spam.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    hothie said:

Polaris.  Has a blue that stuns and creates enemy special tiles for mantis to take advantage of.