How much less match damage does 5* Xavier takes if Colossus is one of his active Allies?

Jacklag
Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
Has anybody bothered to test this?

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tested it just out of curiosity.
    I tried it first in pve PX black at 5: 25% per xmen and colossus yellow 5 :83% less match damage. Mistyque matched 3 black (355 damage)and I took 1065.
    Then I tried in pvp sim same team now with apocalypse. Logan matched red and PX took 1218.
    So the whopping answer: there is no damage reduction. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    The game chooses whichever is higher. In this case, 83% is more than 75%. This is what I inferred from other cases.

Edit: that's not correct.

For mine, he took 72% less damage.

Final edit:

I tried a few more times and it's correct now. Prof $ is taking ~83% reduction in match damage. I should have taken note of who that opponent that caused me to get 72%. I suspect it got to be one of those opponents who boosts match damage or had some other boost mechanic.
    When I calculated the match damage, I looked at the match damage where you click on the enemy, and I didn't take into whatever is on the board into account on the first time.
    So, it's right that the game will choose whichever is higher. 
  • Jacklag
    Wait, so Prof. X takes more damage than other teammates of Colossus? That's gotta be a bug.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe an order of operations issue?  Does character placement matter?
  • Bad
    I tried it another time PX, colossus, iceman.
    PX took 1214 damage, ice took 250. So PX didnt had any reduction at all.
    I tried it  another time same team same skills but PX now in the right, and he took 255 and like that.
    So indeed character placement matters, and dramatically.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something's wrong with your Colossus or Prof $. Check again.

I tried all three positions and Prof $  is still taking ~83% damage reduction, thanks to Colossus.
  • Bad
    Right now last new pve node PX is taking hits with reduction in any placement. Already fixed?
  • Jacklag
    Bad said:
    Right now last new pve node PX is taking hits with reduction in any placement. Already fixed?
    Good to know.