Marvel Puzzle Quest R230 Release Notes (6/21/21)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R230 Release Notes.

“Ohm my”

• You snooze, you lose…Mantis (Guardians of the Galaxy) is in select events now!
  • Take your Alliance to the top in the Avengers v. Ultron Event on June 24.
  • Battle it out before the Reality Stone Season ends for more rewards!

Additional Details

• Mission details now have a new visual style.
    • Mission rewards can now be scrolled horizontally, instead of being shown one at a time.
  • Champion reward lists have a new visual style.
  • When sorting characters by level, non-champion characters of the same level are now sorted by number of trained covers instead of by name.
  • When selecting a support and then choosing which character to equip that support to, characters with synergy for that support are now always correctly sorted to the front.
  • When selecting a character and then choosing which support to equip to that character, unowned supports will now display in a greyed-out state instead of not displaying at all.
  • Using the back button will now correctly proceed to the previous screen in several rare cases.
  • Text now displays with correct spelling and grammar in numerous areas of the game.

Thanks for playing!

Tagged:

Comments

• Dashiva
    Dashiva Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Omega Red would be my guess... 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    This one appears to say 37.

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I think this is 5 or fifty something....but can't tell.

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loosie said:
    I think this is 5 or fifty something....but can't tell.

Having same issue seeing that number. What a testing failure! They don't know that's a problem?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also the #clears is hard to read.  Don't know if its smaller now or if it's the location on the screen.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    The whole top left of the game is a bad place lol.  When I'm quickly adding levels/hitting back for my 2s/3s, I keep getting stuck because the banner telling me I added a level covers the back arrow.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Either they have no budget for QA or they have the worst testers in the industry.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Previously, there was dark gray bar as the background for points. So, it wasn't an issue. Without it, points can be difficult to read in some of the brighter part of the background. A simple solution is to put the dark blue or purple bar as the background for points.

Other than that, I like those changes where you can see the build of opponents and the rewards clearly. The font looks better than the previous one. 
  • Bored_steve
    Bored_steve Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    • When sorting characters by level, non-champion characters of the same level are now sorted by number of trained covers instead of by name.

This doesn't seem to be the case, it's still sorting the same levelled ones by name for me
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Character look smaller now. I think it was better to see them bigger instead of seeing all possible 1* and 2* rewards that can appear.
    Also the points rewards in pvp are too important for not seeing them right in the leftmost node.
  • HoundofShadow
    There are some big space between rewards and opponent team. I wonder if supports will appear in there in the future.
  • acescracked
    There are some big space between rewards and opponent team. I wonder if supports will appear in there in the future.

It's the same "screen" as pve. That big space is filled more in pve with text. On the PvP side less to write so it looks strange.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2021
    Devs, please post a quick mock up preview before you make giant changes.  Pretty sure the vast majority are unwanted, unliked, and unnecessary.

Now it's much harder to see what round I'm on (3/6) and easier to see (but not well) the thing that doesn't matter at all, the **** rewards.
  • HoundofShadow
    Indeed. If Supports are activated in PvP in the future, they can make use of that space though.
  • acescracked
    edited June 2021
    Devs, please post a quick mock up preview before you make giant changes.  Pretty sure the vast majority are unwanted, unliked, and unnecessary.

Now it's much harder to see what round I'm on (3/6) and easier to see (but not well) the thing that doesn't matter at all, the **** rewards.

If it ain't broke, break it!

(that's the saying, right?) 😆