**** Mantis (Guardians of the Galaxy) ****

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    From AI point of view, MEH and Mantis could pose as a scarecrow against R4G. Player's R4G will create 7 strike tiles before AI MEH destroys the board passively. If it hits at least one strike tile, player will be perspiring. They will be hoping that  Polaris doesn't get stunned. Add in that extra 2 random pair of tile swap will put extra stress on them every turn. Throw in Carbage and they might not attack this team in the future. Of course, this is meant for 4* players.
  • iwolfiii
    iwolfiii Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Just curious, why does everyone say him when refering to Mantis.  Gets a little confusing when going through strategies.  I am like, do ya'll know something I don't.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    iwolfiii said:
    Just curious, why does everyone say him when refering to Mantis.  Gets a little confusing when going through strategies.  I am like, do ya'll know something I don't.
    At first the character was unknow.
    By the fact, I think her green was a bit different too.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like her! In fact I think she will be my new GotG partner for my trivial clearing Juggs/R4G team moving forward.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her icon (the one that you click on to select which skill to use) looks like a Tsum Tsum. Brilliant.
    I miss Marvel Tsum Tsum.  It was a fun little distraction of a game...
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I like her! In fact I think she will be my new GotG partner for my trivial clearing Juggs/R4G team moving forward.
    Omg, she tanks purple and yellow! Now I really need 4* Element Guns for Juggs. My 2* just don’t cut it. Sorry G4mora. Sit on the bench until called for. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2021
    One of the easiest shield trainings with Carbage and Eddie Brock. As long as you have Carbage black power, you can sleepwalk for the rest of these fights.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    One of the easiest shield trainings with Carbage and Eddie Brock. As long as you have Carbage black power, you can sleepwalk for the rest of these fights.
    I’m gonna use 5* Carnage with 5* DD but yeah….. this is gonna be a cakewalk. Top 5 for the easiest WTS ever. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    I have Carbage’s red and Eddie is still being built, haha. Luckily I have whales. Everyone has synergy with whales.

I do like Mantis’s synergy with Gamora though. Slow but easy to stun lock and Deadliest Woman is easier to proc. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    I wanted to like Adam Warlock, but he's just 5* Sentry to me - everything he does is a fast track to killing himself, so the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Warlock/ihulk/okoye boost black & tu - one of the fastest cl10 pve teams.
  • HoundofShadow
    You just need one yellow cover and let Mantis do the work. Carbage's black is there for the extra match. A low covered Eddie Brock is better than a champed Eddie Brock because the threshold to give enemy protect tile is a lot lower. At level 70, the threshold is only 232 damage.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been away from the game for a bit. Mantis is amazing with 5*Daredevil. So much fun with bonus damage poppin on stunned enemies.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021

Unless the AI gets a ridiculous cascade. I was in full control on the Riri/Mockingbird node (Riri/Bot stunned) until Mockingbird lucked into a match 5 cascade that wiped out most of the enemy protects from Venom and the rest were unmatchable while at the same time filling up Red/Green so they could be fired when Riri unstunned. I retreated immediately.
    The rematch was mostly a cakewalk other than the fact I ran out of open purple tiles so Mantis couldn't do her stun damage bit until some more fell so it was touch n go for 3-4 turns where I had to deny AP even though I could match tons of enemy specials.
    KGB
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    For being heralded as a "Polaris counter," there sure don't seem to be too many people in pvp that are deterred from playing Polaris. Maybe it's because Mantis is such a low level in the event, but I'm still seeing (and running rather effectively) a lot of Polaris teams in pvp.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2021
    Her loaner puts a 3-turn cd instead of 1-turn cd. Wait 4-6 months later where more players can cover her.

On the other hand, that's where Venom's tile destruction comes into play. He can potentially destroy more tiles than Carbage. Shake the board a little.

Tomorrow will be interesting. Put Thing behind and find some ways to trigger his protect tiles. I can't remember how much is needed to trigger his passive. Probably match Mantis's green repeater but she would be stunned.
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    So I wanted to try something, based on my previous comment. I ran a Morbius (3/2/3) and 3*Hawkeye against a Polaris/Grocket (champed) in pvp. Since Morbius and Mantis are supposed to counter Polaris, I wanted to run them together and see what happened against a very common top meta squad. I would have preferred to run my 5*Colossus, but I only have 1 cover in him (blue), so Hawkeye's black seemed the better choice.

What I found was it slowed Polaris/Grocket WAY down. I was able to take out Polaris, but Grocket and Mantis yellow gave me some troubles. The game lasted a long time with both Mantis' healing, as well as Morbius and Hawkeye healing themselves as well, and really, no one able to do a lot of damage in one shot without all of the special tiles.

I did win, albeit by the skin of my teeth, when Hawkeye (with 204 health left) "ran out of arrows" and finished off Mantis with his blue ability twice. It was interesting, as it did work, but not necessarily how I expected it to. Although, I freely admit that perhaps my expectations were wrong. 

Polaris/Grocket is a fast team, dealing buckets of damage quickly. Countering that meant slowing the game way down and making it a much longer competition by removing all of the special tiles that make Polaris/Grocket work. It made it about match damage, and with healers on both squads, the match lasted for a very long time. In the end, though, it worked, so that's something, I guess.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    I fought a Carndusa team today. To my great grief and chagrin, it turned out not being a great idea as Mantis passive didn't always activate (no, my Mantis wasn't stunned at the time). I hope they fix this  :'(
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    I fought a Carndusa team today. To my great grief and chagrin, it turned out not being a great idea as Mantis passive didn't always activate (no, my Mantis wasn't stunned at the time). I hope they fix this  :'(

Was there an open purple tile for her to put her CD on?
    I ran into that issue in Shield Training where there were no open purple tiles and so her passive didn't do anything.
    KGB
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:

Was there an open purple tile for her to put her CD on?
    I ran into that issue in Shield Training where there were no open purple tiles and so her passive didn't do anything.
    KGB
    Ugh, I wasn't paying attention. That might have been the case. In that case though she's very unreliable as a counter to Carndusa or Polaris + sp tile generator if they happen to occupy all the purple tiles on the board. A shame, was looking forward to Mantis + Morbius to destroy this meta  :(