Help Picking who to Champ

Alex502
Alex502 Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
edited June 2021 in Roster and Level Help
Hey all, I've got 17 four star characters ready to champ, and wanted to ask who I should prioritize? I know there's a couple that are obvious choices, but I'm still torn on who to level up first. I went through and looked at all of their saved covers, too, so I'll list them in order of that. This isn't necessarily my priority list. Some of these I have saves for are just meh in my book.

+6 Saved -
    Cyclops, Miles Morales

+5 Saved
    Riri, Nico, Red Hulk
+3 Saved
    Gwenpoole, Ghost Rider, Winder Soldier
+2 Saved
    Rogue, Spider Gwen, Legion
+1 Saved
    Drax, Fisk
0 Saved
    Iron Fist, Wiccan, Domino, Shuri

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    You can have 100 saved covers. There are no priorities here though Riri, Rogue, and Nico are good. Legion can do invisibility shenanigans.  Shuri feeds Okoye so there is that. My suggestion save your iso and champ when they become essential or you need the LL token. You need somewhere around 40 million ISO to champ them all so there is no real harm, and perhaps a real benefit in PvP, in waiting for meta characters to champ first.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

4* Cyclops

Pro – Always boosted in Apocalypse and his powers are handy for beating the boss. Red can hit very hard.

Cons – Very puzzly, if you are looking to boost with Okoye he will spend your team-up AP

Miles Morales

Pro – Has invisibility and purple hits hard

Cons – needs a web making partner to be most effective

Riri

Pro - Her blue is a very effective AP generator, her red is a good finisher and her green can buy you time

Cons – Her Red power can sometimes get circumvented by jump to the front mechanics if you are trying to kill that character

Nico

Pro – Special tile creator and booster so has lots of good partners and can heal

Cons – Her shields don’t protect her and she has to take damage to unlock her other powers. Countdown can be too easily matched away.

Red Hulk

Pro – Very effective Green AP steal. Big health.

Cons – His green is far too expensive for modern passive meta.

Gwenpool

Pro – Fantastic board precision clearing powers and random green damage can hit targets normally out of reach

Cons – Very squishy

4* Ghost Rider

Pros – His black can be devastating

Cons – The rest of his powers are underwhelming/left behind by power creep

Winter Soldier

Pros – I guess he can steal AP?

Cons – Everything else about him.

Rogue

Pros – Still a top tier 4* - green and red hit hard although red is a bit pricey

Cons – She can sometimes suicide by jumping in front

Spider Gwen

Pros – Decent nuke and can stun

Cons – Stun is random

Legion

Pros – So many powers to use!!!!

Cons – Is tricky to manage with the AP shifts and not every power is a winner

Drax

Pro – Until now none but actually he works quite well with Mantis…

Cons – He isn’t very good.

4* Fisk

Pro – Well when the AI plays him it always has lots of goon countdown tiles out for him to spam

Cons – When the player plays him, we don’t and so he has all that unusable black AP unless we sacrifice our actually very useful yellow countdowns. Self defeating.

4* Iron Fist

Pro – He self fuels his powers and hits like a truck.

Cons – Not a lot actually, generally pretty solid.

Wiccan

Pro – His green, if you can get it to hit on an enemy special heavy board is pretty nice. His magic barrier is OK too.

Cons – Green is expensive, half the time it doesn’t really work and he is never transforming into the Demiurge

Domino

Pro – Her powers self fuel and she is good for cascades and black AP teams

Con – The Black tile drop whilst more likely is still random and doesn’t always do anything useful

Shuri

Pro – Fortification of tiles is a very useful power. Her AP reduction/increase was useful at the time.

Cons – With passive powers ruling the game, she is not as effective as she was but still useful

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Alex502 said:
    Hey all, I've got 17 four star characters ready to champ, and wanted to ask who I should prioritize? I know there's a couple that are obvious choices, but I'm still torn on who to level up first. I went through and looked at all of their saved covers, too, so I'll list them in order of that. This isn't necessarily my priority list. Some of these I have saves for are just meh in my book.

+6 Saved -
        Cyclops, Miles Morales

+5 Saved
        Riri, Nico, Red Hulk
    +3 Saved
        Gwenpoole, Ghost Rider, Winder Soldier
    +2 Saved
        Rogue, Spider Gwen, Legion
    +1 Saved
        Drax, Fisk
    0 Saved
        Iron Fist, Wiccan, Domino, Shuri
    I have had the most milage out of Riri, Rogue and Ironf4st.. Everyone else is Niche or have glaring weaknesses when trying to use in pvp etc.

Prioritise those, unless one is a feeder and you are seeking the LL and 5star shards they offer.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2021
    Just a question, is Taskmaster a good 4*? I noticed he has access to many other characters' abilities but how do you select the ones you wanted? Or are they chosen randomly?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just a question, is Taskmaster a good 4*? I noticed he has access to many other characters' abilities but how do you select the ones you wanted? Or are they chosen randomly?

You have a choice of 6 abilities per colour and you can set them in his roster screen and change them from battle to battle. From that perspective he is highly adaptable. He has stuns on two colours, damage reduction, two big nukes and a mixture of other potentially useful effects such as special tile creation.
    Realistically none of the Limited characters are great but Taskmaster is the best one. His 4* version of Speed Shot is quite nice and he also comes out on top damage wise on some of the other abilities.
    Of course acquiring covers is not easy but you can get one from the Operation Spider Silk Story event by beating Taskmaster in the final mini boss node. He also tends to feature in Anniversary vaults although not as many covers as Devil Dinosaur usually.