How often is double ISO week?

LucasRaven
LucasRaven Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
So, I'm in serious need of ISO, and was wondering when a double ISO week might show up. Honestly don't really remember the last one. Anybody know how often they show up and when the next one should be? Thanks 
Tagged:

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably Anniversary. Play LRs in the meantime. It's like double iso over there.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    It is a good question as to the timing of the last one and I can't remember one recently.
    But I done a google search and the last one I could find was in December and then one before that for Anniversary which is usually the case if I remember correctly.
    Something else to consider is that we now have the quests which give what 5k-6k ISO every day. So they may feel like they no longer have to do double-iso events.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2021
    tupacboy said:
    Not enough....
    I came here specifically to say: "Not often enough."

LucasRaven said:
    So, I'm in serious need of ISO, and was wondering when a double ISO week might show up. Honestly don't really remember the last one. Anybody know how often they show up and when the next one should be? Thanks 
    Just checking: are you farming? That's an absolute necessity to produce adequate iso-receivables to fund regular growth.
  • Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Personally speaking, double ISO should be the norm with the amount of characters we have & new ones being released.
  • LucasRaven
    LucasRaven Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Yepyep said:
    tupacboy said:
    Not enough....
    I came here specifically to say: "Not often enough."

LucasRaven said:
    Just checking: are you farming? That's an absolute necessity to produce adequate iso-receivables to fund regular growth.
    Yep, I'm farming hard, just need more ISO to finish champing 4s (About half of them left, oof)
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Half as often as we’d like, so in the end it’s just regular.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not to add insult to injury but I wish I could trade my nearly 9 million ISO or use it for something else. In this game you're either Pre- or Post-ISO it seems.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just champed Dark Beast and am running out of 4* left to champ (Talos, Spider-Ham of those fully covered and Monica/Lizard/Mantis) and yet I still need iso somehow to both service my farms and champ Adam Warlock.
  • BeetleGeorge
    BeetleGeorge Posts: 76 Match Maker
    There seems to be a points where it changes. A year ago I wished very much I could exchange my red ISO for normal ISO. Now my normal ISO surplus is even bigger than the red one and I would like to have any use for both.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    Not to add insult to injury but I wish I could trade my nearly 9 million ISO or use it for something else. In this game you're either Pre- or Post-ISO it seems.
    I would like to use my 36 million iso for something too.

They used to let us buy standard tokens for 500 iso -- a few times when I was bored I'd trade in 2 or 3 million for standards.
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Or let us gift it to our alliance mates!  Even if only a little a day, we could send them iso like we send them team ups.  Anything to use it on would be welcome, but being able to gift it would also help lift up those still needing millions and millions of iso.  It could be a nice feature.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    shobi6669 said:
    Or let us gift it to our alliance mates!  Even if only a little a day, we could send them iso like we send them team ups.  Anything to use it on would be welcome, but being able to gift it would also help lift up those still needing millions and millions of iso.  It could be a nice feature.
    They generally don't let us do stuff like this because they're worried that people would start selling resources for real money.
  • NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    An in-alliance trading option would be a great option but I don't think that will ever happen. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor

Buy it from the store :P 

In all seriousness, without doing lightning rounds you get something like 30,000 iso8 a day (probably more in SCLs higher than 7).  

My alt is in 4starland with about 6 champed, and until I get a load of more covers, I am even on Iso8. Makes sense that about every 10 days you earn enough iso8 to champ a 4star and around 17 days to champ a 5star.. Seems fair.

I think we only get double Iso8 periods when D3 make a big mistake, or for anniversary periods.