***** Knull (King In Black) *****

12346»

Comments

• Edgeman
    Edgeman Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2021
    "dealt to another random enemy" -- Does Knull's purple hurt the target when the target is the only one left?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like him, the next 3 fives are worth chasing once Sighclops is gone.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing on his pvp, I think the same at first: he is a good third wheel. On a brolaris, britty, apocalypse, or hulkoye team he can be dangerous/scarecrow to a certain point.
    He punishes 4* star characters with his purple, although there is an unexpected effect: the permadamage dealt to these characters are not permanent in the next battle, so if the character doesnt dies next battle will have more health, all that amortal coil lost. That fact makes him a bit less scarecrow.
    On a hulkoye team he will be the one who makes possible a lot of TU lost, depending how high is okoye.
    And no matter how you put it, he is slow.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's not a big meta character, but when you're annoying you don't really need to be. I like him and think that he would be a good third in Shield Sim.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    He's not a big meta character, but when you're annoying you don't really need to be. I like him and think that he would be a good third in Shield Sim.
    Totally agree.  I think we will see a lot of Knull in Shield Sim next season.  Yay.  Can't wait.  :-)
  • Codex
    Codex Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    I did not realize countdown tiles and repeater tiles do not count as special tiles. I am sure his permanent damage ability did not trigger when I was tried him with 5* Loki or 5* ice.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    It does count. I tried it just now with 5* Carol and Wanda. It dealt damage on player's Turn 2.

Apparently, there's some bug where players' characters get healed to full health for some reasons. I thought I was getting Amnesia before I saw the post in Reddit. I was thinking, "Since when did I use healthpacks on them?" 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don’t think it is necessarily a bug, it may not be working as intended, but there is certainly a difference in the way health and max health damage is coded. If your character only takes damage to maximum health, and does not die during the match, they are considered at 100% health and remain at 100% health after the match. 

My Polaris took lots of max health damage during the Knull PvP, but I never used a health pack on her as she rarely tanked anything. Grocket, on the other hand, tanked blue and yellow and ended up needing numerous health packs.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Totally agree.  I think we will see a lot of Knull in Shield Sim next season.  Yay.  Can't wait.  :-)
    He will also be "great" in AI hands on those scl10 nodes! Imagine fighting a 620 level Knull, it is going to be amazing !

I hate when Devs release chars like this one :(
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares said:
    shardwick said:
    He will also be "great" in AI hands on those scl10 nodes! Imagine fighting a 620 level Knull, it is going to be amazing !

I hate when Devs release chars like this one :(
    Yep.  He is more "annoying" than actually useful.  I don't think he will do anything in PVE but will be thrown out a lot in PVP.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    So anyone been playing him champed care to comment how good or not he is ?

On paper definitely looks very slow to ramp up damage and no nukes, but maybe with the right teammates he could be potent. Even still his kit seems lacking compared to other characters and I'm not sure how many niches he fills. Some mentioned his high health and scarecrow factor in PVP, but aside from that. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    tonypq said:
    So anyone been playing him champed care to comment how good or not he is ?

On paper definitely looks very slow to ramp up damage and no nukes, but maybe with the right teammates he could be potent. Even still his kit seems lacking compared to other characters and I'm not sure how many niches he fills. Some mentioned his high health and scarecrow factor in PVP, but aside from that. 

I haven't been able to figure out anything cool with my 1 3 3 one. There seem to be better options in both 4 and 5star tier than him.  

His best team is likely to be kitty, knull and c5rnage. Or Kitty, Polaris and Knull. Then again, I haven't looked into if okoye boosts him in any way.
  • tonypq
    For his purple ability the attack tiles only appear after 5 turns or every turn until the 5 turn countdowntiles are removed ? 

I didn't play his introduction even much and I wasn't sure. I always get confused with countdown tiles and the wording. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I just got mine to 4/4/4, but haven't really used him. I've gone up against him in PvP and he's not as scary as I originally thought he would be. Don't underestimate him, but don't be afraid of him either.
  • tonypq
    Just champed Knull. He's ok boosted but most 5s are so that's not saying much. So far I've only used him with Kitty for the required node. I like how he pairs with her. His amortal coil is half way decent in that it damages the lowest health enemy each turn, that's nice especially when you run him with a damage booster character. His amortal coil and Kitty circuit breaker are pretty nice firing of together almost every turn. 

The other portion of his purple the 5 turn repeaters really cripple him from being a much better character. 5 whole turns before any attack tiles are dropped and more covers in purple don't reduce the 5 turn duration. That's really pathetic design by D3, really makes what could have been a very decent character and just cripples them from launch. The repeaters should have been designed to be reduced to 3 turns based on how many covers you had IMO and that would make him a much greater character. 

Black is meh, it's only good if specifically trying to deny green or self fuel his purple. His green is ok dropping strike tiles and a little damage at the end. But he's really held back greatly by how they botched his purple setting the repeaters at 5 turns. 

To me he seems ok to use as a meat shield to mop up some tough nodes maybe and or a scarecrow on defense teams. His high health being a deterrent. The permanent damage can be nice against Okoye or PVE enemies that drop the healing countdowns, sometimes PVE scaling is so high and you can't remove the tiles fast enough. I've had some matches that got super annoying when the goons were able to get off several heal tiles. 

Kitty is obviously a good partner, gets trickier who the 3rd teammate would be. Polaris can be nice but can take a while to ramp up as slowly as Knull puts out special tiles. 4Rocket is ok I guess to get some tiles out from turn one to get things going. Some mentioned 5Carnage, that seems like it could be fun. Haven't really messed around with Knull enough to mention any other combos.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess you missed out the important part of his purple ability: 33% of the damage dealt by the targeted enemy is reflected back to one of its allies. So, you want his cd to be out as long as possible.