What's New MPQ (June 21, 2021)

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kwahder said:
    4*. I reckon it’s Corsair, who is the only Marvel character known for being a pirate, as opposed to, say, the current Marauders. Corsair is the father of Havok and Cyclops, which should be of interest to people who like to speculate about feeders. 

(He’s also the father of Vulcan and Adam-X, but they’re not in the game)

5*. Obviously, this is George Takei Ohm? Electro, perhaps? Although given that he’s rumoured to be in the new Spider-man film, why release him now? Not that it sounds like that there’s going to be a shortage of characters in that film.
    So... why not the current Marauders? They're quite literally pirates. Roster consists of... Kate "Kitty" Pryde as the new Red Queen, Emma Frost (White Queen), Storm, Bishop, Iceman, and Pyro.

Well, not a lot to pick from. Half we already have as 4's, and I don't think a Marauders version warrants a second 4. It'd be weird to tease Pyro (Marauders) with a pirate-based clue instead of... anything fire oriented.

So Storm or Kitty. Both are popular enough for a 4. But we have Storm at every other level of the game already (if we get a 4* Storm, I want to go full "Thor Corps" with Storm Goddess of Thunder, personally). Kitty's certainly popular, but I'm not sure about going back to release a 4* of a character that only exists as a 5*. Has it even happened before? The only times I can see a 4* being released of a character that already existed as a 5*, that character ALSO already existed at other tiers (example: Worthy Cap was released after First Avenger and Infinity War, but we also have 2* Steve and 3* Super Soldier; characters like Silver Surfer, Green Goblin, Black Bolt, that only exist at the 5* tier, have never been added to the 4* tier later on).

Okay, so maybe Corsair makes more sense. I approve. MPQ needs more kick-**** facial hair representation.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    5*s briefly had a run where they got matching 3*s. Some were released together and a few were remedial. Not sure about 4s
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it was going to be Corsair I sort'a wish he would be a 5* and have a Prof X like power where you can call on the Starjammers to do stuff (Ch'od heavy damage, Sikorsky heal, Raza strike tiles and Hepzibah flirting stun!)
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe it's a 4-Star Kitty that would be totally broken if teamed up with 5-Star Kitty and to prevent that they are the same character.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saw posts saying that the last few releases are "paired", which means they are related to each other: Wanda/Monica; Knull/Lizard; Ronan/Mantis. 

So, if Electro is the 5*, who could that 4* be?
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    I saw posts saying that the last few releases are "paired", which means they are related to each other: Wanda/Monica; Knull/Lizard; Ronan/Mantis. 

These 4 and 5 stars being paired seems like it would have been a great opportunity for these 4 stars to feed the previously released 5 star.  Then if they kept that up they would just need to update 5 stars missing feeders and we'd be all caught up.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2021
    shardwick said:
    5* has to be the classic Electro since they did release a classic Lizard
    4* clue could be related to the song by Lazy Town
    4* Stephanie
    I'd champ her. :D

Edit: I just realized how dirty that sounded. :/
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards

Well, if we're considering Knull/Lizard to be a pair, that doesn't exactly narrow things down for a possible Electro partner. 

It would make more sense to suggest they aren't strictly released "in order", and that Lizard/Electro are the "pair", and Knull either doesn't count as part of a pair, or the next 4* pairs with him somehow.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    It would be more likely that the feeding 4* would be released when the 5* leaves latest, if they do decide to pair all future releases.
  • HoundofShadow
    I think they are saving feeders as bullets. Maybe they will activate most 5* feeders during Anniversary or at year end. The past two years, they have been raining shards. If they rain shards via milestone quest again, the effect will be minute because only a small % of players will enjoy them immediately. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they are saving feeders as bullets. Maybe they will activate most 5* feeders during Anniversary or at year end. The past two years, they have been raining shards. If they rain shards via milestone quest again, the effect will be minute because only a small % of players will enjoy them immediately. 

To have meaningful impact, this makes sense. With most of the feeders announced so far being newer characters, you will need time to get champ levels on these to reap any benefit. I am sure they will mix up a few older characters too but having new characters feed means limiting exposure a bit to vets getting massive windfalls and will help newer players more likely to have more recent 4's champed.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I'd still like to see a return of the seasonal quests. I think extending out the endpoints of the current quests won't be as popular, because as it is, most of the endpoints are now years of play out of reach and therefore not quite as interesting.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Agree with @ThaRoadWarrior!  Especially if getting an Infinity Stone could be one of the seasonal quest prizes... even if it's stupid-hard to make that objective, it opens it up for players who are not as interested or vested in Versus.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I’m curious now that we have more boosted 5s running if we won’t see the long delayed rollout of supports working in PVP to counter it? I don’t know that the two are at all related, just feels to me like we might see that since we did have that window of characters around Fi5K who were kind of built expecting you’d equip the synergy perk to them.
  • HoundofShadow
    What is seasonal quests? 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last one was on winter. There were milestones for playing some affiliations. And mysterio event.
  • HoundofShadow
    I remember that now. I remembered it was pretty buggy. Hopefully, they can squeeze in some time to solve the bug.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Yeah it was really buggy - the quests came online during in-flight events, and they wouldn't trigger completion properly until you'd landed a daily quest, something like that. The implementation wasn't optimal, but the idea of rolling quests additional to dailies and the very long term milestone quests was nice even if the rewards were almost incidental.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah imagine if they kept up making the new 4s feed a 5.

One of my biggest disappointments about the game recently. And one of the most perplexing.

Yeah Monica not feeding Wanda was a huge miss unless they plan on introducing a 4* Vision.
    And also isn't Mantis a feeder for Adam?