Overkill

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Placement rewards are based on speed, though.  How would placement look if there was autoplay?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Srheer0 said:
    They should just get rid of the nodes getting stronger after each clear and just give them a overall average level. Then once you beat the node, you can auto-play it the remaining times you need.

The game is dated in its features and quality of life improvements. They need to do something that makes it less grindy for players or else top end players play down and ruin the experience for players who aren't strong enough to compete.
    I don't equate auto play with Quality of life. How do you tell an autoplay to use the correct powers say if you use BRB, B4east and Polaris.

And how do you tell if  your PVP defense team did ?

Autoplay would more or less help reduce the grind in pve. Auto completing the weaker nodes would be nice or if you beat a node one time one way the game knows you can do it again ( minus the rng of the board of course)

Plus they could let you select priority of powers, something this game could easily do. For example: if BRB is in the middle, priotize his powers first.
    I would rather see something like the ability to hire someone in game to complete a node for you, like a bounty system. You offer up in-game currency once someone completes a clear of a node for you. I'll give an example.

I want two clears of the Wild Hunters challenge node and will pay X amount of hp per completion. Four people are interested, but only the first two that complete it will get the hp. And everything could be kept anonymous so people don't try to sabotage other players.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    I hope they're paying attention to all these suggestions when they start thinking about mpq2. 

The ideal, most player-friendly version of MPQ eliminates all competition: PvE and PvP, and gets rid of the annoying match-3 part of the game entirely. 

It's just a roster that you can build however you choose, then stare at all day and appreciate, while rewards continuously roll in for doing absolutely nothing.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure how many of you played Sega Heroes (Sonic match-3), or Marvel Battle Lines (tic-tac-toe) before. They had this autoplay option and there was a limit to how many times you can autoplay over a period of time. I think there's a way to buy autoplay in the game for a premium.

What I can say is autoplay made the game pretty boring and I lost my interest in them a few months later. All I did after a while was: log into the game, autoplay, complete daily quest, claim rewards, play a few matches and close the game. Slowly, I played fewer matches, claimed fewer rewards until I can't even bothered to hit autoplay.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Considering the game is designed around speed and the best skills are passive one might suggest autoplay is already here, just cleverly disguised. Most of the grind of PvE I do while watching TV, sometimes to disastrous results. But the gameplay experience is much different once I got Polaris, Grocket, and Juggernaut in that I basically don’t have to analyze all potential combinations that I did with the 3* meta or when Grockamora was my go to. I suppose it would be moreso with Okoye and iHulk. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It takes one match with a Juggs/R4G/GotG team to beat a trvial node anywhere up to and including SCL9, in SCL10 you might need 2 matches. If you are using a decent Hulkoye team it is probably just 1 match. The giving out points screen takes longer to complete.
    I really also don't see how it benefits the Devs to give out rewards for even less effort at the top end of their game (surely nobody is suggesting Auto-play for SCL below 10?)
    I know speed is all that matters at the top end of things but a.) A lot of players in SCL10 are content to play progression rather than placement and b.) I can't see how they would ever reduce the amount of matches required without ramping up the levels on the other nodes. What you save in time you would then lose in time and probably by much more. Unless you have high levelled 5* or a nice boosted 5 for the event, beating the Challenge node probably requires going winfinite and winfinite is not particularly fast. If they pour those levels from the trivials into the harder nodes it would not benefit anybody.
  • Speed283
    Speed283 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for your answer Hound…had no idea players from SCL 10 are able to temporarily access other levels.
  • primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Speed283 said:
    Thanks for your answer Hound…had no idea players from SCL 10 are able to temporarily access other levels.
    Not temporarily.  If you're in 10 you can play in whatever level you want all the time.  You just have to choose before the event starts.  Once the events starts you can't change.
  • Speed283
    Options
    Prime time: I just entered in to a new PVP and level 7 was NOT an option for me for the first time! Any idea of why it wasn’t?
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Because your shield ranking is at least 120.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    Speed283 said:
    Prime time: I just entered in to a new PVP and level 7 was NOT an option for me for the first time! Any idea of why it wasn’t?
    In pvp, you should always pick the highest CL you have access to.  It doesn't change the opponents you fight, it only improves your progression rewards.

There are occasionally reasons for a player to choose a lower PvP CL but it's very rare, and this would never apply to you unless you're coordinating placements.
  • Speed283
    Options
    Thanks for the answers…just one more on this subject: So there are players (back to my example earlier) with 188K Thanos who are under a 120 Shield ranking?!?!?
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    Speed283 said:
    Thanks for the answers…just one more on this subject: So there are players (back to my example earlier) with 188K Thanos who are under a 120 Shield ranking?!?!?
    The CL you choose has no effect on the opponents you see.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    SCL and Boost don't affect your MMR. Your opponents are selected from a pool of players within the same timeslice, regardless of scl or shield ranking.
  • Speed283
    Options
    Ok thanks again for the answers!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

How PvP Works

Apart from SHIELD Sim, a player chooses a particular end time and Shield Clearance level for every event. These are the effects:

End Time (also referred to as slice) – this determines what other players you can be matched against for the whole of the duration of the event. Whilst your personal MMR will try and limit which players you are matched against based upon various criteria such as roster strength, points earned, shielded players etc your opponents can be drawn from anybody in this pool of players. At certain score thresholds, you can “break MMR” and see other players you couldn’t previously, this applies to other players too. This explains why a player with a 188k Thanos could attack you at a certain point in the event.

Shield Clearance Level – this simply determines what prizes you can win and who you might compete with on your leader board in terms of scores earned. You might not ever actually get to play a match against another player on your leader board during the event and they might not ever see you as a potential opponent either. If you are playing progression PvP then you don’t really care who the other players on your leader board are as you hit where you want to be prize wise and then either forget about the event or shield to preserve points for Season total.

• Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Speed283 said:
    In pvp, you should always pick the highest CL you have access to.  It doesn't change the opponents you fight, it only improves your progression rewards.

There are occasionally reasons for a player to choose a lower PvP CL but it's very rare, and this would never apply to you unless you're coordinating placements.

This is true if all you are interested in is progression rewards. If you are interested in placement it is better to pick level that you are competitive in. As an example, for PvP S.H.I.E.L.D. and for a PvP season I will go with CL10 but for individual PvP events I join in at CL8 for placement rewards. I don't do any coordinating for placement I just play and to 900ish and shield. That is usually enough in CL8 for me to finish top 10ish in most events. I suppose I should try CL10 one of these days just to see where I would finish as a comparison but I assume it would be significantly lower.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rhipf said:

This is true if all you are interested in is progression rewards. If you are interested in placement it is better to pick level that you are competitive in. As an example, for PvP S.H.I.E.L.D. and for a PvP season I will go with CL10 but for individual PvP events I join in at CL8 for placement rewards. I don't do any coordinating for placement I just play and to 900ish and shield. That is usually enough in CL8 for me to finish top 10ish in most events. I suppose I should try CL10 one of these days just to see where I would finish as a comparison but I assume it would be significantly lower.
    Are you actually looking at the rewards????
    A T10 in CL8 for PvP yields 150 shards for a 4* and 2 3* covers.
    A T50 in CL10 for PvP yields 60 shards for a 5*, 300 shards for a 4* and 2 3* covers.
    If you hit 900 points you'll finish T50 in 90% of the PvP events (I know because that's what I do in slice 5). Even a T100 finish in PvP 10 yields 50 5* shards and 200 4* shards!
    You are short changing yourself by entering CL8.
    KGB