Game speed...

Options
tupacboy
tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
Hi devs.  Is there any thoughts on speeding up the game?   Time spent waiting for things to happen really is the hard part... Any thoughts on giving us options for 3x, 5x , or 10x speed?   

AoA lot other match 3 games are just plain faster and I feel speeding up the game would help us feel like this is less of a grind...

Comments

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's already fairly fast with the animations turned off IMHO. If it went any faster I don't think I'd be able to properly see what happens between making my move and the cascade settling. That's a personal problem though, I wouldn't mind them adding a toggle in functions to allow for a more personalized level of speed. I might turn the speed up a bit when racing to get points before an event ends, or even turn it down to better see what happens during long cascades, just for fun when time isn't an issue.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Especially attack tiles are a nightmare to wait for when fighting mindless ones.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It'd already be a lot better if the Kaecilius match speed was the default speed.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I really enjoy the idea of a 2x, 5x or 10x speed
  • tupacboy
    Options
    Would like to revisit this.... Now with boosted 5star pvp takes even longer... 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not with the way things are going.

I'd gladly have them pause releasing new characters in favor of some quality of life changes the game desperately needs.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'd gladly have them pause releasing new characters in favor of some quality of life changes the game desperately needs.

If they do that, they would paywall it in the store :(
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    It'd already be a lot better if the Kaecilius match speed was the default speed.
    why are those matches so fast compared to non kaecilius matches, anyone know the difference?
    what's up with that? 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,614 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What are you after and how much are you willing to pay for it? Especially as Marvel no doubt have a contractual expectation in terms of regular character turnover which means they cannot just stop.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

What are you after and how much are you willing to pay for it? Especially as Marvel no doubt have a contractual expectation in terms of regular character turnover which means they cannot just stop.

I'm looking for some type of new game play loop. Its been the same loop for 7 years. Play 4x, wait, grind remaining. The game needs to be sped up somehow. I think an auto-play feature would be nice or a fast skip when you are hands down winning a match. The problem is, with recent characters, they are double downing on slowing the game down. SCL10 is a slog. Its not hard to compete in SCL10, it just takes forever.

PVP doesn't have much variety. Lets be honest its the following combos - Okoye/IHulk , Polaris/ BRB , Kitty/BRB

What about Classic Characters getting match damage buffs or changes to power damage? Oh wait, old characters don't make money like new characters, so forget about them. 

I outright stopped paying for anything in this game because it turned into a  "what's the point scenario". You can't really make advancement dumping a small amount of money due to dilution. I'd like to send my daughter to college one day, so I'm not dumping a large sum into the game. Even large sums of money aren't guarantees in this game. With the release schedule, you can dump tons of resources into one character, then a new better characters comes out and you don't have the resources unless you no life this game 24/7.

This game flat out demands too much time and then if you decide to not give it time, they push FOMO tactics at you. Not to mention all the expensive bundles . Can't really get to mad at that though, they are just following industry trends. 

I still find some aspects of the game enjoyable, I just stopped investing more than 45 mins a day no matter what i accomplish. 

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,933 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Options

What about Classic Characters getting match damage buffs or changes to power damage? Oh wait, old characters don't make money like new characters, so forget about them. 

Technically they did buff their match and power damage when they are the boosted characters for the week.
    I strongly suspect this is their answer to boosting older characters and giving every character at least some moments in the limelight.
    KGB
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,899 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It only takes a long time to compete in CL10 because other people are willing to spend that much time.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2021
    Options
    don't pay. it's a free game. duh.

edit:
    if you feel you paid too much already, flag this post
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,614 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

I'm looking for some type of new game play loop. Its been the same loop for 7 years. Play 4x, wait, grind remaining. The game needs to be sped up somehow. I think an auto-play feature would be nice or a fast skip when you are hands down winning a match. The problem is, with recent characters, they are double downing on slowing the game down. SCL10 is a slog. Its not hard to compete in SCL10, it just takes forever.

PVP doesn't have much variety. Lets be honest its the following combos - Okoye/IHulk , Polaris/ BRB , Kitty/BRB

I outright stopped paying for anything in this game because it turned into a  "what's the point scenario". You can't really make advancement dumping a small amount of money due to dilution. I'd like to send my daughter to college one day, so I'm not dumping a large sum into the game. Even large sums of money aren't guarantees in this game. With the release schedule, you can dump tons of resources into one character, then a new better characters comes out and you don't have the resources unless you no life this game 24/7.

This game flat out demands too much time and then if you decide to not give it time, they push FOMO tactics at you. Not to mention all the expensive bundles . Can't really get to mad at that though, they are just following industry trends. 

I still find some aspects of the game enjoyable, I just stopped investing more than 45 mins a day no matter what i accomplish. 

When I said how much are you willing to pay for it, I wasn't talking so much about money but the fact that with MPQ there is nearly always a trade-off.
    For example - this last week has shown us that there are plenty of people out there with champed Panther/Thanos boosting to 550+ - the Devs are probably wary of handing them any extra advantage by buffing them to newer character levels - they probably reason that these guys had their time in the sun (well some of them...) -if they buff the old 5* they might be even more inclined to dump power creep into the new 5* so it makes not a dent anyway. The Boost system currently in play seems at least not to hand any permanent advantage - we can see on the boards that a lot of players are waiting for it to be their week. If you have all of them champed then you get rewarded every week for your dedication to the game.
    Now I happen to think that these guys could do with something as I pointed out on another thread about the big health differences for an old vs new at 450. However I can see why they don't want to do it and I don't think it has much to do with not having value - they could feature them in as many special stores as they wanted once they had been buffed. There are plenty enough players who would be incentivised to finish up old classics, especially if they were made better.
    Bundles are just part of this type of game unfortunately, I guess somebody buys them so they wont be inclined to stop anytime soon.
  • tupacboy
    Options
    just another bump in hopes of increased speed.... now with boosted 5's -  pvp takes even longer... this game needs a mean to speed up the time needed for the grind not increasing the time needed.   

I know for me personally I lowered my pvp scores cause the time needed is too much....
  • tupacboy
    Options
    After another slog of mindless.... I'm bumping this for hope...

Years of the same events ... At least save us some time...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Your gonna need a flag ship Samsung phone.  Thats really the only known legal way to speed up the game.  
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Your gonna need a flag ship Samsung phone.  Thats really the only known legal way to speed up the game.  
    Am I missing a joke?  Samsung flagships have a record of exploding (from ~5 years ago) and throttling gaming performance  (2021 and 2022 models) because modern qualcomm SoCs are firebreathers. 

I don't recall hearing that they play games like MPQ faster.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I heard a lot of top players use iPhone. How true is this? 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I heard a lot of top players use iPhone. How true is this? 
    doubtful.  I'm positive Samsung Flagship phones are ahead on the LB.  If they awarded manufacturer points for placement,  I promise its Android over Iphone. With Samsung the majority of those winning times.