Adventures with 5* Wasp.

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guessing your Medusa is not high enough of a champ to trigger Wasp's Black passive?
    Medusa + Carnage would give you plenty of chances to heal and Carnage can use both Red/Green.
    KGB
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2021
    Well... I am trying to find at least 2x5*, possible 3x5* team for her that will fit my playstyle of her. Eventally I will end in 5* land so having a working team as soon as possible is good option.

Also I use this combo Wasp/featured or Rogue or Strange3/Proff in PVE. Cardusa is too self damaging. Its not just the case that my Medusa is too low only. Its that I slowly has begun moving into 5* land while at the same time not fully transitioning into 4*. My 5* are high enough to notice that in PVP and the 5* are faster in PVE too. So Cardusa/Wasp will be to weak while Wasp/Proff are doing just fine. So far.
    So taking that into consideration I have ti wirk on some solution NOW not when I will be screwed even more.
  • Mr_F
    edited February 2021
    As my Avatar shows, I got another cover today: I got extra shards from milestones. My current plan is this: I will keep Shargeting Ant-Man till he gets me another cover from shards (12 levels) and then switch to someone else - propably prof X to sharget 5* covers. This will bring me into 12 covers - the last one will come from shards
    Also my PVP teams do wonders as I did like 15 wins today, most with Wasp/Rogue/Proff team.

I am too tired today to upload the usual "big" image.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I really enjoy your quest and I have been inspired, I am gonna spend some milestones on Wa5p and move her up the shardget list. I am gonna keep a keen eye to any secret combos you come up with! So please keep it up and share what you’ve learned! 

I don’t know cuz both being worked on but I think Silks webheal will trigger her Pain Index? 
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I just think it’s a pity of all the 5* characters you would choose to prioritise/obsess over, you chose the absolute worst. 

I get that you like the character/artwork, but I can’t help but feel you’re missing out on being able to win matches/enjoy synergies and combos. Instead you’re effectively handicapping yourself against most teams and downright unable to beat others.

I use Wa5p every single day, as Thano5 fodder in PvE and every now and then if I want to leave a super-easy team out in PVP before shielding. In those matches the unchamped 4* that accompanies does ALL the legwork.

All I’m saying is, if you value performance at all then be careful before you champion her. Wasp as a single 5* champion is the single biggest albatross around the neck that this game offers.

I’ll be quiet now, it’s your game to play as you wish but as someone who’s actually played with her champed (lvl 478), I know she gets worse, not better.
  • Mr_F
    edited February 2021
    Well... 4 points here.

1. I enjoy her.
    2. I have a team for her that synergies quite enough (Proff. X 5* Purple's yelllow activates her Black and Rogue helps a lot with tanking and AP generation)/
    3. After I found the team my PVP become once again managable. So, at the begggining  he handicaped me, but when I found the right teammate and leveled him it became once again ok. If she starts to handicaping me once again, I can always go for...
    4. I have BRB/Polaris to back me up when needed. Polari is a  beast as mine BR is 1/1/4 lv 300. If thats not enough, I can skip PVP. I did it once, I can do it once again.
    5. I have a plan. 12% of a plan. ;)
  • Mr_F
    Not an upgrade but I think that writing my long term plan.
    Currently my Wasp is 11 covers and 403 Shards. Ant Man is 10 levels from full sharded cover so in total - it will be 13.
    1. I will keep shargeting Wasp and Ant Man till I get 13 covers of her. I will stop there and she will be soft capped at level 420 so I will not jump into to higher level MMR than no I am.
    2. Next to sharget will be Ms. Sinister as he is the only 5* not feeded ny 4*I do not possess. When I will finish him (one cover) I will sharget Storm and Professor X and soft capping them at lv 420 - same as Wasp - bringing me to 3 5* ready to champ. Those two are my most covered 5* after Wasp (10 and 9 covers)
    3. Next to sharget 4* will be the ones that will grant me a 5* covers of champion I do not possess yet - Magik (Hela), Kingpin (Daredevil), Ghost Rider (Ghost Rider) and MEHulk (Loki) which will bring me to possessing all 5* with at least one cover.
    4. When I finish covering thos three 5* I will decide who to get next - probably another three 5* who are most covered at that moment - also soft capping them at 420. When I will have 6 5* and ISO, I will finally champion them one by one, starting with Wasp.
    5. Celebration. Or whatever.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:

1. I will keep shargeting Wasp and Ant Man till I get 13 covers of her. I will stop there and she will be soft capped at level 420 so I will not jump into to higher level MMR than no I am.
    Day 2620 will bring you a yellow cover for her, if you haven't already reached it!  I got that as today's reward, bringing her to 4/6/3.   :'(
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats on getting her finally champed.
    Not sure how much else you've read here on the Forum but they are now boosting 5* by 100 levels as a weekly boost. In a few weeks time Wasp will be the featured boost and yours will be 550 for a week so you'll be able to have a lot of fun with her.
    KGB
  • Mr_F
    edited May 2021
    I read that. I just follow basics here just to know whats going on in the game and skip most of the rest topics.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    In honor of Mr_F, I just championed 5-star Wasp!
  • Rod5
    Good for you, interested to hear your opinion of her now she’s “optimal”.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Rod5 said:
    I'll definitely take her out for a spin with Okoye during her boost week. It'll be nice to have a use for that black AP.
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    While not really about Wasp, I completely understand where you are coming from with upgrading her. I have a couple 4 stars now and only 1 or 2 5 stars in a good spot. However, I have been going all out in an attempt to upgrade my Green Goblin. He ain't really the best but I've managed to make him work. Got 5 moves on him currently and literally about 3 or 4 Legendary Tokens from another move. 

I also have spent money whenever he appears in the store like the St.Patricks day vault where I was able to get shards for him. I have seen others use him and I understand he ain't the same as Wasp, but I love using him so insanely much anyway. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Venomous said:
    While not really about Wasp, I completely understand where you are coming from with upgrading her. I have a couple 4 stars now and only 1 or 2 5 stars in a good spot. However, I have been going all out in an attempt to upgrade my Green Goblin. He ain't really the best but I've managed to make him work. Got 5 moves on him currently and literally about 3 or 4 Legendary Tokens from another move. 

I also have spent money whenever he appears in the store like the St.Patricks day vault where I was able to get shards for him. I have seen others use him and I understand he ain't the same as Wasp, but I love using him so insanely much anyway. 

Set Sandman as your bonus 4. I think he feeds Goblin.

Unsure if Sandman has a 3star feeder
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* Dr Octopus gives out Sandman shards
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Yes Sandman gives Green Goblin and Doc Ock gives Sandman. I know because I have been upgrading Sandman for a long while now. However I unfavorited him when I got the first move. I wanted to upgrade other 4 stars for a time since I had Sandman favorites for so long. However, I am getting 5 star fragments by upgrading my 4 stars so I will have another green goblin move in no time. Right now he is 2 2 1 and he is 7 legendary tokens from another move to become 2 3 1. I plan to use the shards to get him to 3 3 1 next. ( While the passive is useful, the active for his yellow isn’t IMO. ) 
  • Rod5
    MegaBee said:
    Rod5 said:
    I'll definitely take her out for a spin with Okoye during her boost week. It'll be nice to have a use for that black AP.
    Prepare to be disappointed