Shards Recycling

iamxzo
iamxzo Posts: 65 Match Maker
Hi All

I got that idea about shards recycling, given the fact that you can pick your favorite characters that you want your shards to go to, and the fact that you can direct your quest rewards towards specific character, why don't we make one more step into that very great direction and allow us to reuse shards that are siting there on some character forever and not being needed at all

- add shards bank (a place to distribute shards but only to non-championed characters )
- allow us to unallocate shards from non-championed characters and put them to shards bank
- allow us to allocate shards from shards bank into non-championed characters

that way players will have additional way of completing some characters instead of staring at many characters with 100-200 shards, there could be also a tax on putting shards into the bank, for example I want to remove 200 shards from my 5* rescue and put it to the bank, there could be like 10% tax that would make it only 180 shards reusable (just dont make it 90% tax :D )
Tagged:

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great idea. Would have definitely loved this when the milestones was released. I didn't read the announcements and blindly claimed all the rewards without realising I had doc ock set a favourite (only needed a couple of covers). Ended up with too many shards and wasted a chunk on 4 champion levels

• Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    My idea was a bit more simple. Just allow us to move the shards to whatever character we want within the same star level regardless whether or not it's champed. If they must tax it then it should be a flat rate like 5 or 10 shards regardless of level. You don't want it too high since 5* shards are much more difficult to come by. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    iamxzo said:
    - add shards bank (a place to distribute shards but only to non-championed characters )
    - allow us to unallocate shards from non-championed characters and put them to shards bank
    - allow us to allocate shards from shards bank into non-championed characters 
    A shard bank is intriguing. Since shards for 3*, 4*, and 5* all have different values, the bank would need to 3 different pools or accounts for those shards. Outside of that, very little will need to be programmed differently. Favorited characters would still be the ones to receive those shards. In this case, only 1 character in a given tier could be favorited. I don't know about moving shards from non-championed characters to the bank, though.
  • MNboundWalrus
    MNboundWalrus Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    ooo I don’t know about the non-championed shard movement. It would make my months long journey of trying to champ one character by getting powers from 12/13 to 13/13, 3 shards at a time through the Legends recruitment, instead of using the 3 saved covers I have, seem like less of a challenge and not as rewarding if/when I get there.

Otherwise I do see this as useful once I get my championed characters maxed and I don’t want to go through the process of trying to get more shards just so I can recruit the character again and then immediately sell the duplicate for the corresponding Iso-8. 
    The only other option of course is to champion the duplicate in order to get higher Milestone Quests completed for their respective rewards. But these will run out eventually correct (I haven’t reached a maximum for any of them yet and am only assuming there’s an upper limit)?
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    you mentioned that exact same thing, i've been thinking for the past year. I support the shard bank for all ranks. If they can sell shards, especially the bundle deals for 4* and 3*. then we should be able to save those for future use and not "claim now" to someone we hardly use.