Marvel Puzzle Quest R229 Release Notes (6/7/21)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R229 Release Notes.

“Chamomile personified”

• Celebrate Pride all month long in MPQ with themed events and more rewards!
  • Unleash the power of the Cosmi-Rod…Ronan (The Accuser) is in select events now!
  • Log in on June 9 for a FREE gift to commemorate Marvel Studios’ Loki Premiere on Disney+!

Additional Details

• After leveling up a support and going back to the previous screen, the new level value is immediately displayed instead of initially displaying the old level.
  • The text for multiple character power descriptions and lines of dialogue now appears with correct grammar and punctuation

Thanks for playing!

Tagged:

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still not sure which power descriptions got updated, but I continue to applaud the initiative to do that. Thanks for the update!
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    There are power descriptions?
    Guess I should check those out one of these days.

8^)
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2021
    Fixed your changelog:

* New Character background colors (we like purple) for enemy character info and debriefing screen
    * character cover colors (those labels on the side of a comic) are adjusted, to look more pale. Or in case of blue, to look like purple. We like purple. Also we removed the 1px border around it so that colors don‘t stand out as much.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    What ever happened to getting rid of the screen dimming during enemy turns? Did we just stop complaining loud enough so the devs forgot to fix it?  It’s still super annoying. 
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, especially when playing at night with the lowest screen brightness of my iphone.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    On my Android S9+ the dimming effect is barely noticeable now especially compared to before when it was godawful.
    I'd love to see some videos from your phones to compare to mine as I wonder if everyone has the same experience depending on phone/setting.
    KGB
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    Really like the new lighter blue background on the match up screen.  Much easier to read the health #s.  
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 said:
    What ever happened to getting rid of the screen dimming during enemy turns? Did we just stop complaining loud enough so the devs forgot to fix it?  It’s still super annoying. 
    I was just thinking about that UI update earlier because I still miss pretty blatant match 4s and 5s since the colors still really blend in together. It feels like they just said that an update on the gameboard UI was coming soon but then they probably went back to whatever they were already working on.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same here playing on android I cannot tell if there is dimming effect happening.