Adventure cards on the AI's hands [Investigating]

BongoTheGrey
BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
In the last update the game's AI opponent was "upgraded" to enable it to use the spell side of adventure cards. The problem is that now the AI doesn't seem to care or is not affected by the fact that you can only cast the spell side of an adventure card once and then you must cast its creature side. The AI can cast the spell side return the card to its hand and keep casting the spell side any number of times.
I was suspicious about this before but now I can confirm it because as you can see on the following video the AI was able to cast Chop Down, which is the spell side of Giant Killer, 6 times during 6 turns. That should be mathematically impossible otherwise because as far I understand you can only draw 4 copies of each one of the 10 cards in your deck before it resets and you are able to draw a 5th copy of any card. Unless any effect shuffles your deck which didn't happen on this match.

Video link: https://imgur.com/gallery/KMEtvDL 
Tagged:

Comments

• George
    George Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Can confirm. Greg used Petty Theft against me three turns in a row... Pretty annoying. Got the screenshots of the log if needed.
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    Same here, I kept getting hit with the Bring Back side of Oakhame Ranger. I thought at the time Greg was getting lucky, but this post has convinced me it was a bug. Sorry @Oktagon_Support I didn't keep the log.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've seen the AI cast Profane Insight over and over, but I wasn't even remotely sure how to document it, so I never reported it. Glad you found a way to document this bug, Bongo.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!

Rebeca.

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    Hi @Oktagon_Support

Any status on this? The AI / Greg is abusing this bug way too much, causing a huge disadvantage for the players in case Greg is using Fertile Footsteps / Beanstalk Giant. My opponent kept using Fertile Footsteps over and over, causing all of his cards to gain mana and his walker to gain max loyalty almost every turn. I just quit that match, because it took ages to play against.

Please give this one priority. Thanks!
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Machine said:
    Hi @Oktagon_Support

Any status on this? The AI / Greg is abusing this bug way too much, causing a huge disadvantage for the players in case Greg is using Fertile Footsteps / Beanstalk Giant. My opponent kept using Fertile Footsteps over and over, causing all of his cards to gain mana and his walker to gain max loyalty almost every turn. I just quit that match, because it took ages to play against.

Please give this one priority. Thanks!
    I will confess that I put Fertile Footsteps in more of my decks now for this reason. I build with Greg in mind (how he'll play the deck), and knowing that he can actually play that card as well as - or even better than - a human is something I take into account.