Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    pulled for Wanda, got colossus to 5 yellow.

now I'm hunting gritty + Polaris teams with colossus, onslaught and rogue:

+2 green ap boost almost guarantees rogue can fire her green in the second round. Polaris highest color is blue, which onslaught uses to turn yellow (kitty's highest color) to black - which is kitty's lowest color and colossus' 3nd highest.
    with 6ap cost black always stays below the 14ap threshold

rogue triples the damage on blue, my 370 colossus does 10k dmg per blue match 3

all while tanking every color and reducing match dmg by 80%.

killmonger instead of onslaught could be interesting, too... it's a pity colossus shares two colors with beast and karnak
  • ammenell
    I'm not sure I understand how killmonger and rogue interact - rogue siphons yellow, which is the team's strongest color (kitty)

- colossus yellow damage is 1k
    - rogue triples yellow match damage
    - killmonger adds 150% to yellow matches

damage on the board shows 3.5k
    damage on the character shows a bit over 10k

both numbers should be correct for rogue and colossus, but if i switch out killmonger with any other toon i still get 10k match damage

do I use killmonger wrong? 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2021
    ammenell said:
    I'm not sure I understand how killmonger and rogue interact - rogue siphons yellow, which is the team's strongest color (kitty)

- colossus yellow damage is 1k
    - rogue triples yellow match damage
    - killmonger adds 150% to yellow matches

damage on the board shows 3.5k
    damage on the character shows a bit over 10k

both numbers should be correct for rogue and colossus, but if i switch out killmonger with any other toon i still get 10k match damage

do I use killmonger wrong? 

Killmonger boosts damage based on the ENEMY's strongest colour.  

So if the enemy team is a kitty, BRB and other Killmonger boosts yellow matches when you are hitting kitty, green when you are hitting brb and whatever colour is strongest for the third member.

I know this because I used killmonger, Adam warlock and others to see how much my match damage could be against things like Kitty and Okoye. Seeing as they both have strong colours which are in adams colours.
  • ammenell
    edited May 2021
    yeah, that's what I'm doing - rogue siphons yellow from a team with kitty as the highest member.
    it still looks like killmonger ignores it

wait, do you mean killmonger boosts the dmg by 150% of KITTYS yellow match dmg?
    that... doesn't make sense? 
  • ammenell
    edited May 2021
    after testing im pretty sure km and rogue work like advertised on their own, but combined km boosts way less - not enough to make that team work

didn't anyone try warlock, killmonger and rogue?
    my Adam has exactly one cover... 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m running the cascade factory in Less Talk, MODOK. Modok is super fun with Profslaught since his cheap black adds so much red tot he board. I wish he was a little more viable unboosted to run in 5* MMR for pick 3.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited May 2021
    Killmonger isn't doing the TARGET's strongest color, he's doing the ENEMY's strongest color. If you click on his red in a match, it'll tell you which color he is boosting. I'm in a battle right now using Colossus (2/0/4 lvl270), Rogue (lvl 351), and Killmonger (3/5/5 lvl 452) up against a Kitty (lvl 450), Onslaught (lvl 451), and Apocalypse (lvl 453), and regardless of which specific enemy I'm targeting, Killmonger's power description says he is boosting Black damage.  Incidentally, the match damage I did on a yellow match-3 did not receive Rogue's 300% boost and Colossus' 77% boost, it just does Rogue's 300%, so they don't seem to stack, it's just applying the higher of the 2 percentages. It was really hard to tell what was going on with Killmonger's % boost due to a few match factors, but I assume it also wouldn't stack.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I just stumbled on a team while messing around. Originally, I was just trying to avoid using any HP, but this turned out to be a fun team. I'm pretty sure it is nowhere near original, but it's the first time I've used it.

4* Captain Marvel 5/3/5
    4* Star-Lord 5/3/5
    3* Sentry 4/5/4
    (Note- the stats in bold are the most important ones for this combo.)

Get the required Green, Black as soon as you can. After that, get as much Red AP as you can. Purple is a bonus. Fire both Marvel's Black and Sentry's Green. Preferably, choose a Black tile at the top of the board for Marvel's Black. If Star-Lord's Purple is full and there are targets, use it. At some point before Sentry's Countdown tiles expire, fire off Star-Lord's Red. Red will deal massive damage, the countdown tiles will expire dealing damage boosted by Marvel's Strike tiles, which themselves get boosted with each expiring Countdown tile. Finally, Marvel's Countdown tile will expire dealing massive damage. If you're playing a wave node, each remaining character will likely be taken out with a single match-3 or 4 due to the boosted strike tiles.

It's not a fast team, but because of the massive damage potential, I'm considering adding it to my saved team's list for PvE.
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 80 Match Maker
    In the current PVE using a boosted Knull, boosted 5Cyc, and 50%Thor has been pretty fun and quick. I just keep using Cyc's yellow and Knull's match damage is comical. 
  • ammenell
    edited June 2021
    i spend cp for cycs yellow

cyc, colossus and killmonger works like a charm, because cycs and colossus' match dmg boost stack
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    5* Scarlet Witch 4/4/5
    Mr. Sinister 5/3/5 or 4/4/5
    God Emperor Doom 4/5/4

this team is so fun. It’s HILARIOUS vs Hulkoye teams. It doesn’t matter who the 3rd is, it’s just great. 

I usually target black with Wanda’s purple. Sometimes I target blue for more chances to fire Bishops Behold. 

The strategy of this team is basically to get hit and laugh. Maybe match a trap or two. 

The hilarity is when you have 2+ AP in black with Mystikal Feedback on the board. You won’t care how much tup Hulkoye has because as soon Hulk’s AOE damage reaches Bishop’s threshold, the rest of the damage done for that turn becomes -1. It’s hilarious. And then, Mystikal Feedback hits hard on your turn back. And now there’s a bunch of traps on the field. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2021
    5* Scarlet Witch 5/4/4
    God Emperor Doom 4/5/4

this team is so fun. It’s HILARIOUS vs Hulkoye teams. It doesn’t matter who the 3rd is, it’s just great. 

I usually target black with Wanda’s purple. Sometimes I target blue for more chances to fire Bishops Behold. 

The strategy of this team is basically to get hit and laugh. Maybe match a trap or two. 

The hilarity is when you have 2+ AP in black with Mystikal Feedback on the board. You won’t care how much tup Hulkoye has because as soon Hulk’s AOE damage reaches Bishop’s threshold, the rest of the damage done for that turn becomes -1. It’s hilarious. And then, Mystikal Feedback hits hard on your turn back. And now there’s a bunch of traps on the field. 

That sounds really fun.

I messed around with a D5adpool, Wanda and St5rm team earlier. Use wandas pink on black tiles. Chase black AP. Nuke whoever with whichever of st5rm or d5adpools black is stronger.  

It works because deadpool can stun with enough red (good to temporarily get rid of things like wandas repeater tile and Ic5man or Prof5X damage reductions) and D5adpools black has 150% damage as base. Wanda adds 3-5% more damage per black AP you have at the time of firing. And you can increase the damage further if you have some spare pink green etc ap for its' added effect.

So the more the enemy hit you, the more they end up hitting themselves with wandas repeater tile and deadpools black.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    5* Scarlet Witch 5/4/4
    God Emperor Doom 4/5/4

Is it Sinister, or Bishop you're using there?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Scarlet Witch 5/4/4
    God Emperor Doom 4/5/4

Maybe Sinister cloned Bishop?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2021
    I just champed Gambit the other day, so I've been really scratching my head looking for interesting ways to exploit what he is still able to do. Mostly it's been charge-tile focused, so a lot of permutations on Negasonic and Throg, but so far none of those have really stuck. One interesting quirk I was able to discover was this one:

Heimdall: 4/5/4 (didn't mess with it, that's just where I keep him)
    Gambit: 5/5/3 (the repeater takes too long, rather prioritize the damage)
    Vulture: 5/4/4 (might have been a better build, this is just where I keep him for Sinister 6 to do the maximum special tile break)

The reason this is even sort of interesting is that once you throw Gambit in the air, his purple/red restriction gets lifted, so you can then do a big swipe with Heimdall, who is generally going to tank everything, and can true heal off of Vulture's antics while also reducing costs willy nilly from all that blue you're raking in. I don't think you'll beat a hulk team with this one, but it's approaching interesting at least. The only other character I can think of who could pinpoint throw a single ally out of the match is Danver5, and I'd REALLY like to figure out some way to take 2 nerf death 5*s and concoct some sort of gimmick from them, but dang if I can figure out which 3rd would care at all about that combo.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Talking about Bishop, 

Polaris, BRB and Bishop make a great team. Match protect tiles and try not to  match blue if possible. Watch cascades of blues appear all over the board. Practise playing with this team enough and you will have the intuition on how to play them. Watch your blue aps skyrocket to the moon.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Scarlet Witch 5/4/4
    God Emperor Doom 4/5/4

Tried this and got my butt handed to me pretty handily. I must be missing something. I do like the concept though.
  • Tiger_Wong
    5* Scarlet Witch 5/4/4
    God Emperor Doom 4/5/4

Sinister
  • Tiger_Wong
    jp1 said:
    5* Scarlet Witch 5/4/4
    God Emperor Doom 4/5/4

Tried this and got my butt handed to me pretty handily. I must be missing something. I do like the concept though.
    Hmm. I don’t know why. I just ran through a Hulkoye team with a champed Wanda as the 3rd. The Okoye was level 533. 

Because there are so many attacks hitting before Hulk’s AOE goes off, when you finally take the AOE, the first character takes a small bit of the full and other 2 characters take -1. It’s just awesome. I save Hulk for last and he usually gets off a Breaker of Bones or 2. But that feeds right into Sinister’s damage reducing black and also tacks onto Mystikal Feedback. 

I’m gonna run SinisterSwitch with Colossus next. See how that looks. I like GEDoom with Sinister a lot but I also like Wanda with Colossus a lot. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    What order are you running them left to right?