What's New MPQ (June 21, 2021)

Comments

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    This character is so new that you can't google anything out of him.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/steve-orlando-luciano-vecchio-somnus-marvels-voices-pride-1

Somnus debuts on June 23. However, the next 4* is released on June 17. Isn't it too early for that?
    Somnus looks amazing, but we all know what's important: the powers. It's all going to come down to what his powers are. With the original's powers dealing with dreams, I have no idea what devs are going to do. My best guess would be AP manipulation. This is even if it's Somnus at all.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2021
    Some of the powers have already been released on various media releases.   If Disney says it's ok, then it's ok to release the power set early.   The important thing is if they release a new LBGTQ character, the powers need to be done right unlike poor Northstar
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking along the line of WandaVision where they were released after the show ended. However, he does fit in the clue of Chamomile Personified since he's related to the God of Sleep.

Hopefully he can work well with the other Young Avengers in the game. He should be a 5* instead though so that there are more 5*/4* teams in PvPs.  B)

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    So Jessica Jones is the 5E next event but the rewards are Ronan shards. I know this is nothing new, but I still find it very irritating that the 5E in classics gets their rare day in the game sun **** by this new 5 shards thing. Can you not arrange your game so only latest 5s are featured at the same time at least?
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Thanks @Neko, welcome to the forums.

Happy to see that Webbed Wonder will give out Sighclops sharts.
    Why is it though? Sighclops is out of LLTs. Should be Knull.
    Cyclops was still in LL when the events started. Hearts of Darkness started Sunday, with Cyke as placement rewards, and he didn't rotate out of Latest until Tuesday, so he's the featured 5 in the following event (Webbed Wonder), regardless of which characters are in Latest.

The game is set up so that you can play well one event and earn covers/shards for characters needed in the next event, and what you're suggesting would have Cyclops shards go to waste (rewarded in placement, but then not useful in the following event because he isn't required), AND would have denied people a chance to earn some Knull shards (possibly their first cover, since he's new) before he's required in an event. It's basically the opposite of "should be Knull," because that's how the devs have set up the character cycle.
    Missed this comment initially, though I was not suggesting the placement rewards should be different to the progression rewards in the next event, just that both should be Knull. Though I am slightly biased because I am 55 shards short of champing him. ;)

But the situation you describe (where the placement rewards do not help you in the next event) are exactly what is happening currently with Ronan shards and Jessica Jones as the essential. So it is not that unusual.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    The obvious solution would be to run a seven day event. Then both characters could be awarded.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    If you're real excited about Somnus, maybe don't be :p
    Don’t be excitred it’s Somnus or don’t be excited for the character? :P
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iceman's early buff week means that this week we see god boost Panthos (unless the Devs have some other trick up their sleeve), a combination that would have been avoided. I'm a little scared to be honest...
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think more less classics characters should be boosted for always having a bit of a mix on boosted characters. 
    That way less vet players will have more chances, instead of waiting several months.
  • DAZ0273
    I guess we are still in the "testing phase". I don't know what data the Devs are hoping to get but it could be several things such as testing whether these characters will get use through boosting and if not perhaps they might be considering some rebalancing. Or they might just have simply decided to do it on a release order basis and there is no further plan.
    I found week 1 boosts there were a lot of 550+ OML's etc, second week it didn't seem so bad (Banner still being bugged put the kibosh on him), this last week I have seen a lot of Iceman and surprisingly Widow has popped up a lot more than I was expecting. What I have noticed is that I am coming across older players who looking at their roster progress seem to have quit or slow down for a while based upon who they have champed. If these boost weeks can appeal to them, perhaps some might be tempted to come back and become more engaged again.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm guessing Nata5ha is in play specifically as a response to Iceman's CD and stun creating ways. 
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2021
    Will 5*Loki be boosted next week to help celebrate the series release?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually I saw all of the boosted 5*s this week, particularly apoc ice as they are a good team.
    BB and strange passives are dangerous too.
    To use a boosted 5* having 100k health it is a kind of effective deterrent when climbing.
    With all these bonus boosts it is a lot funnier to play pve and pvp.
    Perhaps more changes are coming, why not.
    Devs are wisely listening to our feedback. 
  • DAZ0273
    MackDan1 said:
    Will 5*Loki be boosted next week to help celebrate the series release?
    Good call, so we might have more boost list shenanigans.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I’d love to see some Dev mischief to celebrate Loki’s release . Like any battle not won in 60 seconds is a loss ( just an example, not a suggestion). The forum would break that day . (Another idea ). I hope everyone gets in the mischief spirit for one day .
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Iceman's early buff week means that this week we see god boost Panthos (unless the Devs have some other trick up their sleeve), a combination that would have been avoided. I'm a little scared to be honest...
    I use Panthos so often that I have them as one of my saved teams. Bring it on!
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2021
    @Neko

Missing the Buff List for June 10 to June 17.  The one posted here was the one from last week still
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    What's the pve for 6/10?
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    MackDan1 said:
    What's the pve for 6/10?

Simulator hasn't been run since 2/25 so that would be my prediction.