Next boosted 5s...no Thanos

Options
TheXMan
TheXMan Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
Looks like only 3 in list for new PvE.  Is that a new trend or just skipping Thanos?

Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Options
    There are 4, Iceman (bobby drake) is 5 star ice man.  ice man is boosted for pride month.  Presumably thanos will be moved to next week with black panther and the panthos meta will rise again.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Iceman is the 4th boosted 5* for Pride month this week.  That must bump Thanos until next week.

Samurai Daken is coming up at the end of the month so will see him brought early too.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was hoping they'd do something besides release order, because more people will benefit if newer characters are boosted in addition to older characters.

It'd be really nice if the boosted list was completely unpredictable, so that nobody could plan it out in advance/optimize their roster for it, but that's probably too much to hope for.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    boosting newer characters alongside older ones is a great recipe for people to only use newer ones. The delta between a just-released 5* and an original flavor 5* at the same level is already like the new ones have been given a 50 level boost, so that gap will only widen if they're boosted together. Watch how often you see Iceman compared to the others.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    Ah, but the presumed goal of this whole thing isn't to get people to use the **** old characters -- it's to get people to use *literally anybody* other than the same tired, boring, 4-5 playable guys.

If a lvl550+ Iceman makes people bench Okoye for a week he's doing his job.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    You don’t think level 550 Iceman’s best partner isn’t still Okoye though?
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    You don’t think level 550 Iceman’s best partner isn’t still Okoye though?
    It'd probably work but I don't think it's the best.  She'd boost his green repeater damage but he's going to tank yellow (unless you very carefully underlevel him to avoid this situation, somebody get the spreadsheet guys on it stat!), and he doesn't have another damage move for her to boost.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2021
    Options
    The biggest detriment to Iceman woth Okoye is that he burns down team up tiles to reduce damage; I’m revising my best bro to be Apocalypse. Or possibly Profe$$or X. Iceman is going to slay boosted, he’s exactly the kind of 5* who will come alive on a boost week that most people don’t use that often. I’m looking forward to it.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ic5man and Pr5fX had a bug when taking multi hit attacks. The whole "reduce damage and create yellow countdown" of bobbys was bugged and would not lose you TUP AP. But still get the reduced damage effect. See my post from some months ago on the bugs part of the forum.  

He works very well with prof5x outside of the bug too. Match a few blues to get some stun countdowns on the board, use profx to change the colours with his pink pink, or use his pink on blue to destroy a row with stun tiles in.  

Both okoye and apoc can boost his green ability damage.  

Potentially he can work well with D5ken too. Do a few black matches and you make d5ken repeaters. I believe they work based off of friendly "special" tiles, of which countdowns and repeaters and the blue stun ties count towards the number. So just keep stunning the enemies and every 2-3 turns you'll do a chunk of free damage.

Obvious wanda synnergy too. Use her pink for either blue tile generation or for green tile (and then ap) generation and to boost the green damage. Atleast I hope the greens get boosted. Not certain if they do.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well it is now apparent that the old 5s cannot hack it unless you had them mega levelled. BB and Strange are boosted to above 460 and facing 450 enemies and they are not winning anything. Sad. 😑
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Well it is now apparent that the old 5s cannot hack it unless you had them mega levelled. BB and Strange are boosted to above 460 and facing 450 enemies and they are not winning anything. Sad. 😑
    These two guys are just meant for a meta that no longer exists.  Strange punishes guys who cast powers, specifically cheap powers, but none of the meta characters actually cast anything anymore. 

Bolt is meant to burn you down while you build up AP to cast stuff, but...nobody casts stuff now.

Iceman should be more useful?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

#ItIsKnown #TeamIceman
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    @DAZ0273 do you have any of the newer big match damagers you can run with Bolt? I'm still curious if your Colossi or Yellowjackets like having charge tile generators around for big damage.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    Iceman/Bolt is actually pretty decent...you can stun the enemy while Bolt is burning them down.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just champed Bolt so surely going to give him a spin on his boost week.