Now you see a shield. Now you dont see it!

Options
Bad
Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
Nice. I had 1140 points. Shield is fadding out. Ok I beat some guy. 1200! Yes, a bit more. 1250! Ok quick, thats enough, lets rise the only 3 hours shields I have.
Quick quick quick.
But the 3 hours shield was loading and loading. Getting nervous, I could already feel the first bite of a player.
Stopped loading and a message saying in-purchase error try again later. Oh no!! Ok another battle. 1300 points. Come on, that shield. 
But the shield was already wasted.
No shields until 2 hours.
Black label food for sharks.
I felt like a maggot at the fishing rod's end.
I was t25 and I went t80.
Is there someone out there enjoying too the exquisite experience of the illusory shield ?

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wonder if this is linked to the Resource Shop issue that seems to be wonky in game right now?
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I always back out of the game and load back in before I put up a shield.  

Maybe that would have helped. It's obviously unusual to see an error when you are swapping HP for a shield.
  • Bad
    Options
    Srheer0 said:
    I always back out of the game and load back in before I put up a shield.  

Maybe that would have helped. It's obviously unusual to see an error when you are swapping HP for a shield.
    I will remember that. In a way I was lucky for to get the final cps, it is better to think that.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I usually just check the leaderboards right after shielding, since I’ve always seen on the forums that will kind of “lock in” a shield
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always check leaderboard before shielding. However, the notifications of hits don't update immediately. After shielding, I'll close the app completely and start MPQ again. Then, the notifications appear.
  • Bad
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I was refunded by contactsupport 75 hp, and thanks to answering the hits I could end t49. But I was doing great for t25.
    I always check leaderboard before shielding. However, the notifications of hits don't update immediately. After shielding, I'll close the app completely and start MPQ again. Then, the notifications appear.
    I thought my internet was not so good, as a lot of times I shield up and later comes perhaps 4 notifications and I did lose some points.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've never had this issue, making me wonder if it's linked to the resource shop glitch as well.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You need to check leaderboard before you shield. It will show you the actual score.

For example, I was at 970 point and the next fight will bring me to 1015, which means I will also get the 4* shards. When it didn't show me the 4* shards rewards, but my score was still 1015, I knew that I got hit by someone. I checked the leaderboard and I saw my actual score, which was 9XX. However, the notification for this hit took a while to come. I was wondering where my red node was. Next, I closed the app completely and restarted it, and the notification for that hit showed up. For some reasons, the notification for those hits came later even after checking the leaderboard.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I usually just check the leaderboards right after shielding, since I’ve always seen on the forums that will kind of “lock in” a shield
    I, also, always check the leaderboard before sheilding, but this is the first time I've heard of checking after to "lock in" the shield. I'll start doing that. Thanks.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options

Just a small correction: It doesn't "Lock-in" your score.  What it does do is force your device to reach out to the server and get the latest score.  Your device doesn't do that every-time it needs to display the score.  It just displays the last one it was sent.  Without going into too much detail on "server-client interactions" and "asynchronous parallel data transmission", it just means that "the information on your device may be slightly out of date from what's on the server".
    That's why you can get notifications that say you were hit after your shield was up.  Technically, you were already hit, the server recorded the outcomes, but hadn't sent the information to your device yet.  It's also why, if you don't shield at all and close the MPQ app for a few hours, all the hit notifications come in at once.  You weren't hit all at the same time, the server just hadn't had the chance to tell you about it until then.
    Loading the leader board just forces your device to reach out to the server to get the current score, rather than wait for the server to push it to you.