Marvel Puzzle Quest R228 Release Notes (5/24/21)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
“Killer dance moves”
  • Whip that tail, and whip it good...Lizard (Classic) is in select events now!
  • Don’t miss the X-Men vs. Apocalypse Alliance event on 5/27.
  • Time is running out! Get those gems matched before 5/31 and wrap-up the Season on top!
Bug Fixes
  • Prospective fix for the recent random rare Android crash on battle start. This one has been hard to track down!
  • The description for Loki (God)'s "Feign Death" and Doctor Doom (God)'s "Fallen Favor" now correctly specify that the passive can trigger even if the character is stunned or airborne when they're downed.
  • Multiple powers "at level" descriptions have been normalized. This is not a change to the powers, just making text match one another.
  • Multiple buttons now highlight when clicked or pressed, including the bottom navigation buttons and comics in the Roster screen

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even though I'm not sure which characters got those description updates, I love that there is a desire to normalize power descriptions across the game. There are SO many powers that are probably working as designed, but not working as described, and so it would be really cool to keep that consistent.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even though I'm not sure which characters got those description updates, I love that there is a desire to normalize power descriptions across the game. There are SO many powers that are probably working as designed, but not working as described, and so it would be really cool to keep that consistent.

Agreed. It matters more now than it did years ago since there are a lot of complex interactions of powers and damage types that weren't there in the days when 2, 3 and even early 4* were being released.
    This was probably more effort than we imagine given the number of languages it also has to be normalized in.
    KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the cleanup effort is certainly going to be more effort than it would have been had the verbiage been standardized up front, but better late than never. I really think some key powers like Wakanda Forever! need to have their rules more clearly written. It would go a LONG way towards clearing up which powers do and don't work with it based on their damage being tied to tile destruction or not. The tile destruction thing isn't in the power at all.

I think physical CCG games have long since solved this problem of having italicized flavor text, with crunch below it that all uses standardized keywords that indicate what it will and wont' interact with. Loaded terms like Destroy, Convert, Remove, etc should all be used correctly and consistently, maybe even have them be bolded within the sentence, then have in the help tab a glossary of what the terms mean so you can tell what will and won't be affected by one of the other powers.