Fun pairs to go with M.o.d.o.k?

Options
Srheer0
Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
So modok pvp ends in the next 24-36 hours. Has anyone got any good pairs of 4s or 5s that can be played with him?

I haven't used him much, but when boosted and used with wanda and Pr5fX, he feels like C4rol. Get a big scary fortified countdown on the board that deals crazy damage when it goes off.  

When I use him with Wanda, the tactic is to use wandas pink on black. This will increase the damage when you use his black, and give you higher chances to match black tiles each turn.  

If you manage to get enough blue to get his countdown on the board, his black and red are cheap and easy to fire. And his black is likely to result in a match 4 or higher in red colour, which synnergises with pr5fX's passive.

I guess his biggest weakness would be Kitty. As she can destroy a lot of the countdown and special tiles he makes.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You want spammable powers to get his Doomsday plot to countdown quickly. I actually like using Apocalypse with him because Apoc's powers are pretty cheap and he doesn't use blue. If you add Cloak & Dagger you can also spam purple and create yellow & black for Apocalypse who should be able to tank to protect C&D, although they can heal which helps too. As you can have multiple Doomsday plots on the board at once you can keep the enemy busy, especially as C&D also passively put down attack tiles and Apoc spams shields. I do like cycling through his red powers too so you have options.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For me the most fun you can have with MODOK is flooding the board with red for cascade generation, so I was running him with ProfSlaught. He is actually a pretty good 4*, or would have been back when C4rol was new. He is one of a few characters who can spam enemy specials, so you could use him with maybe Kraven, Elektr4, Medusa, or Mr F if you want to try that, or Polaris, Dark Beast, Carbage, Morbius...basically anybody who likes to mess with enemy specials or generate cascades. Or needs red for something.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Before they fixed some match-4 destroying special tiles bug, he was part of an winfinite team with 3 Hawkeye and 3 Ironfist. I managed to play with that team for a while and it was pretty fun. He could be fun with 5 Deadpool and Valkyrie to stun opponent frequently.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    An alliance mate of mine has been using coulson and 5 star hawkeye.  Apparently you can get them to be semi-winfinite with all the countdowns fueling ap.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This obviously won’t add anything new to the discussion but his black has great synergy with Polaris as well as America Chavez. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    An alliance mate of mine has been using coulson and 5 star hawkeye.  Apparently you can get them to be semi-winfinite with all the countdowns fueling ap.

Alas Captain America (Worthy), we hardly knew ye.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hellcat's boosted and works well with him. Her yellow makes it cheaper to spam powers and improves friendly specials, whilst her purple makes it easier to get rid of all those enemy red attack tiles.