**** Lizard (Classic) ****

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Repeater tiles sure do seem to be the in vogue thing.
    The blue/red damage thresholds on the green power sound almost a bit puzzley. Presumably you start out with blue and want to work towards red?
  • mattonline
    mattonline Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Can't use the new character because of the insta-crash bug, so don't care...
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    If they are ever gonna use AIM or Sentinels in a PVE,
    god help us. 
    AIM are already in Operation Spider Silk
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    Repeaters are fine, moving tiles....ugh, such a slowass pain in my ****.  Not a bad idea but should be much MUCH faster.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Page 1 has already been updated here, too.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    His purple power is interesting. It seems to re-fortify its repeaters every turn, if it has to. However, it's part of his active power, not part of his passive power. I find the wording weird, compared to other fortified tiles.

If there are 17 of his repeaters on the board, does that mean he take only 1 damage? 17*6%= 102% damage reduction
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay Lizard!
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    We just need Electro and Rhino now.
    I really liked the Jackal guess.  I hope we get him someday too.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Electro is in the next spiderman film. He might get released then. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Page 1 has already been updated here, too.

News page still says "???" in announcements announcement.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait, so we can get a self re-fortifying 1 turn repeater on Lizard, but others with long repeaters can't even get fortified once (looking at you Carol and Sighclops)?  
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Not that it is powerful but he could be fun with Heimdall and Shuri.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    The lizard's purple also seem to work well with 4*Human torch's red as his red deal more damage with more repeater tiles.
  • max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 56 Match Maker
    So if he takes damage (and not alot, like a 5 star match amount) he can't fire his stun for a few turns, yuck, low damage, and the repeaters taking time to process all make for a charecter I won't ever use when not required, I fully cover all the 4 stars so  I will still do his event but that design is really bad, I get the intent, but you could have changed the power to something else when he can't fire the tail whip, like cornered lizard, does large amount of damage if below X health.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually he is a great character for 5* players, with a lot of passives damages and stuns. Having someone tanking him will solve the stun problem. 
    The only issue would be accelerating the swapping repeaters for not slowing the game. 
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    What's with the repeaters moving "up"?

Monica was actually fun to play in the Intro/WtS (where speed doesn't matter), because you could manipulate those tiles to generate their effects sooner. You know, "rewarding good play".

There's no such option when the tiles move up, leaving us with the penalty of slowing things down, and no upside to make up for it.

It's like the devs only made it this way for 'variety'. Disappointing.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's with the repeaters moving "up"?

Monica was actually fun to play in the Intro/WtS (where speed doesn't matter), because you could manipulate those tiles to generate their effects sooner. You know, "rewarding good play".

There's no such option when the tiles move up, leaving us with the penalty of slowing things down, and no upside to make up for it.

It's like the devs only made it this way for 'variety'. Disappointing.
    Hmm, we have AIM goons move tiles right, so all that's left is left, both diagonals... and maybe an L shape like in chess... maybe for Black Knight... 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Bad said:
    Actually he is a great character for 5* players, with a lot of passives damages and stuns. Having someone tanking him will solve the stun problem. 
    The only issue would be accelerating the swapping repeaters for not slowing the game. 
    Maybe you are reading a different set of powers then I am?  What is "a lot pf passives damages and stuns"?  Unless I am reading incorrectly (which is possible), his only passive comes when he takes damage.  Everything else is triggered via AP.

Green - Needs 7 AP
    Black - Needs 7 AP but has passive if Lizard takes damage (passive helps the Lizard)
    Pink - Needs 7 AP

Where's the passive that does a lot of damages and stuns?  Polaris has passives.  Dark Beast has passives.  Morbius has passives.  Lizard has nothing.  As a 5* player I don't see ever using him unless required.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Will he feed anyone? Maybe Mister Sinister because they both are associated with the word Sinister? I know it’s weak…