FIXED: Crashes on Battle Entry (Android)

Comments

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Since we´re on the subject of playing on different platforms, why is it we can´t share accounts on steam and iOS/Android?
  • carol63
    carol63 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    I think it would be nice to get some response about this, even if it's just "Sorry guys, we're trying everything we know but nothing's working yet."
  • DrakeAngel
    DrakeAngel Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    8 days and counting, no one even post an update on how is The work to solve this
  • VisionQuest
    VisionQuest Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    My biggest problem with this crash isn't that it happened because...stuff happens.  It's how it's being handled.  No communication.  The faulty update is still out there with no warning on it.  Everyday more people are losing their ability to play.  And crickets from the admins.
  • carol63
    Just found a device that I can play on. It's an old Asus tablet running Android 4.2.2......!!!
  • bobbyfm
    bobbyfm Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    I say we should all write a bad review for the game. Honestly this is the worst customer service I've experienced ever! If all the affected players give them a 1 star review and their general rating drops fast they might pay us some attention and find a solution!
  • 3000Rescue
    3000Rescue Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Well they are now releasing a new character and maybe with that an update will also be released which may solve the problem.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Hello All, quick update is we have an attempted fix we are hoping to launch on 5/24 for this android crash issue, so I edited the post to include the date change.
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    So how many more of these cases do you need to realize you need to TEST code before releasing it?  I would have thought after the game screen mess, this would have been a lesson learned, but I guess not.

Also, assuming you skipped testing and deployed a buggy release anyway, why spend weeks developing a fix while leaving the game crippled?  Do an immediate rollback of the update back to the previous version, and THEN spend the time debugging, so you don't leave the game out there in a crippled state.
  • bobbyfm
    Are you kidding? We have to wait another week? Ridiculous....
  • xavierixeq
    xavierixeq Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    No sure if it is posted but its not all Android devices.. just some its seems.  Also I wonder can anything be done with the time lost on Shield Supply.  I mean call me shallow but I take pride in the days I played and the counter. And about all the spoils lost from Deadpool dailies and events.  Just asking. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    No sure if it is posted but its not all Android devices.. just some its seems.  Also I wonder can anything be done with the time lost on Shield Supply.  I mean call me shallow but I take pride in the days I played and the counter. And about all the spoils lost from Deadpool dailies and events.  Just asking. 
    Nothing is lost on the Shield Supply. It's just delayed until you play again (same with VIP rewards). The Deadpool dailies though are lost. 
    Sometimes they give compensation but it's never equal to what was lost. You might get 100 HP or a 3* cover or some ISO.
    KGB
  • carol63
    edited May 2021
    I know these things take as long as they take to hunt down, but now that you think you've identified the problem, it's rather disappointing that we have to wait longer for the fix to be implemented. And from the wording it sounds as if there's no certainty that the update will fix the issue.

• Zerbads
    Zerbads Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    IceIX said:

UPDATE 18MAY2021: An attempted fix will be released in 228 which is planned to go live 5/24
    I guess better late then never... two weeks of missed opportunities... but a lot less time wasted on this stoopid **** game.  Hard to express the anger as well as the thankfulness for not bothering to play.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well there is a lot of android v7 here.
    Oppo A72
    Android 11.1
    Not a problem. 
    I play on a Samsung tablet android pretty old but it doesnt crash either.
  • Ezio
    Ezio Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I hope that it is not ending as a "Thank you for your patience, here is your coupon!" type of deal, as a reward... Although, to be fair, developers may have not anticipated that it would affect certain types of android phones. Patience.
  • EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Bad said:
    Well there is a lot of android v7 here.
    Oppo A72
    Android 11.1
    Not a problem. 
    I play on a Samsung tablet android pretty old but it doesnt crash either.
    Well, good for you. Enjoy!  :)

The rest of us will have to wait a bit... I just hope that fix will work.
  • bobbyfm
    Can't wait! I really hope this update will fix the bug. Almost 2 weeks without playing is too much for me :smiley:
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    edited May 2021
    As an update, we *think* that R228 has fixes in that should solve these crash issues. Problem is
    - It's rare (only about 1% of Android players total are experiencing it)
    - It's not tied to device or Android version (tends to be older devices but not always)
    - The crash doesn't leave a debug trace, which means that it's probably something in Android OS that is closing the app "gracefully" as opposed to the game doing something to crash

We'll be giving out compensation for this of course, not sure yet if it'll be blanket or to affected users only. Stay tuned for that. I'll be leaving this up as a Known Issue for now until we figure out if the new version fully fixed it!
  • Joe4521
    Joe4521 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    The update worked and stopped the crashing for me. Thanks.