Not getting credit for or option to Boast in new Doomskar Event [Fixed]

Pirhotek
Pirhotek Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
edited September 2021 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
I had two bugs happen actually.  Had Hagri Mob out, he attacked and I had plenty (>20) mana in my hand but he did not give me the option to boast.  Another time he was able to boast but the event did not give credit toward the achievement. 

Comments

• Pirhotek
    Pirhotek Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    This appears to be related to having a Stored Mana card at the top of your hand.  I had a full Volcanic Geyser at the top and another card underneath with pleny of mana, but Hagri Mob was not given the option to Boast.
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2021
    I had the exact issue with Volcanic Geyser, luckily I was play testing in TG but I can see this being a pain in the event.

nb: I understand the Boast not taking stored mana, but Hagi only needs 3 mana to boast and this was available in the main cost of the Geyser.
  • Asylamb
    Asylamb Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Stored Mana cards can't have there mana drained, no mater if base mana or stored. If you had another non-Stored Mana card with 3+ mana in hand during your combat and the Boast still hadn't activated, that would be a bug.
    I had 0 problems with Boast during the event, but I also have 0 Stored Mana cards in my decks.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

Thank you for the feedback, this issue will be investigated!

In order to help us, please provide the following information (only those you haven't provided yet) if you have it. You can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game:

• Which card?

• Type and Subtype;

• Is it related to trigger, mechanic, text, or other?

• The Planeswalker you were using and its level.

• Which Event/Battle?

• BattleLog screenshot;

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Thank you,

Marcela.

Hi everyone,

This issue is already under investigation!

Since it's scheduled for this weekend, I would like to ask for those who face any issues with this event to report here, with as many details as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Marcela.

• JinQuiet
    JinQuiet Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Confirm.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First part of the problem. It seems that permanent support in the event were always activating not once but twice.

Specifically that happened to the Boast support (Event support (4 shield): Spreading Chaos  Blue Black Red) and foretell support (Permanent support Event support (4 shield): Alliance of the Worthy  White Black Red).

In the Boast case Instead of dealing 6 damage every time the support was inflicting 12 damage (6+6 dmg in a quick succession)
    In the Foretell case after exiling foretell card from hand every token would lose not 1 but 2 shields.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Second part.
    Objective doesn't register when you fulfil it on the last turn:

1. Game didn't correctly calculate damage dealt.
    2. Game didn't correctly calculate number of boast activations
    This is the damage part of the problem.

This is the Boast part.

Thank you so much for reporting as I asked.
    We appreciate it a lot, this will be investigated right away!

Once again we apologize,
    Marcela.