Is it Polaris time?

ProfXaos
ProfXaos Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
I have returned after a long time off and am working on my 3/4* transition.  I have all 3* rostered and 24 champed. I have enough shards for 4 covers of Polaris.  Is that enough to warrant rostering her and pouring her covers into the passive?  I have a dozen or so other 4*s but none that I use regularly because none have many covers.  She seems like she may be the exception though.

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's always Polaris time.
    That said, she really needs a special tile creator to get her going. If you have 4* Rocket then it's really time to get her. If not, you could wait until you have him also rostered and a bunch of covers in his Yellow.
    KGB
  • ProfXaos
    ProfXaos Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I have some people like 3* blade - but no reliable 4* special tile creator.
  • KGB
    In that case there is less rush to roster her so you may as well wait until you have a few more covers worth of shards because some of her other powers are worth while having too.
    KGB
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    I started with a 4 cover Polaris - 1 "cover" and 3 more from Shards.

I ran my 4 cover Polaris with 3* blade (add strikes if there is enough red on the board) and 3* Daken (add strikes on a green match). In 3* land, both Blade's pink and black attacks are nothing to sneeze at. Sometimes 3* Iron Fist with a green hit dropping 2 strikes, or even his passive black which drops a green attack tile if you have none. It was not always great, but it usually worked pretty well.

Adding even a single pink/purple (pinkle?) to Polaris was a game changer. for every special tiles you match, add 2 or 3 specials - and if you match an enemy special, it multiplies those tiles as the same kind of tiles but as friendlies, so you can convert enemy specials to friendly specials. Often if I could start with a single match and match away my own special suddenly you are having Polaris fun.

KGB - I am now running my Polaris at 2/4/5 with a R4G at 1/5/0.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you have Patch champed? He is a great source of strike tiles including enemy ones for you to match and profit from.
  • KGB
    edited May 2021
    @Tanglefoot - Nice. You've really progressed nicely if you have those 2 with that setup. Even a 0/5/0 R4G is super useful for starting the Polaris engine.
    Your PvE times will dramatically decrease now.
    KGB
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:
    @Tanglefoot - Nice. You've really progressed nicely if you have those 2 with that setup. Even a 0/5/0 R4G is super useful for starting the Polaris engine.
    Your PvE times will dramatically decrease now.
    KGB
    "dramatically" is an understatement. I somehow stumbled into a Medusa at 3/2/1, so when I can add her to the mix the PVE enemies melt away - have finished some of the clears in like 30 minutes... (depending on the enemies...)
  • KGB

"dramatically" is an understatement. I somehow stumbled into a Medusa at 3/2/1, so when I can add her to the mix the PVE enemies melt away - have finished some of the clears in like 30 minutes... (depending on the enemies...)
    30 minute clears is normal. That's about my time in CL8 so as you progress though the various CL levels you should expect your clear time to be 30-40 minutes (until you get to CL 9/10 when times really increase).
    Wait till you get 4* Juggs going. His AOE lets you do another chunk of damage every turn to all enemies and he tanks most colors with high match damage immunity so when the PvE nodes have tile movers he really shines.  He should be your prime target now / once you finish Polaris.
    KGB