FIXED: Crashes on Battle Entry (Android)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
Hi all,

Wanted to let people know that we're aware of and working on fixing an issue some Android users are having where the game is crashing on entering battle. So far, we're not detecting a pattern of specific devices, OS versions, or other tech specs, but we're trying to narrow down the issue as fast as possible to deliver a fix to those affected. If you're running into this issue, please let us know:

Device Type/Model
OS Version
Anything else you feel is pertinent (able to get in using XYZ characters, but crashes with anyone else)

Thanks, we'll have an update for you as soon as we're able!

UPDATE 18MAY2021: An attempted fix will be released in 228 which is planned to go live 5/24
UPDATE 24MAY2021:
As an update, we *think* that R228 has fixes in that should solve these crash issues. Problem is
  • It's rare (only about 1% of Android players total are experiencing it)
  • It's not tied to device or Android version (Tends to be older devices but not always)
  • The crash doesn't leave a debug trace, which means that it's probably something in Android OS that is closing the app "gracefully" as opposed to the game doing something to crash
We'll be giving out compensation for this of course, not sure yet if it'll be blanket or to affected users only. Stay tuned for that. I'll be leaving this up as a Known Issue for now until we figure out if the new version fully fixed it!

Comments

• theindieboy
    theindieboy Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Android Sony Experia F3211 Android 7.0 having this issue completely preventing me playing. Usually crashes on load occasionally can get in a match then it crashes but unusual. Worked back removing cache, data then full app then reinstalled nothing helped if need any further info please let me know I mainly tested using Knull in introducing so as not to damage characters but have also done jug, rocket 4* and iron man 3* in lighting round can test characters if that helps
  • carol63
    carol63 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Android, DragonTouch 10 Android  8.1.0.

I have tried using 1* Iron Man/Black widow/Storm (deadpool's daily part one) and with 4*Gamora/4* Rocket & Groot/Kitty Pride in the main story section.

Sometimes gets as far as filling the board, sometimes crashes as soon as the board screen appears.

• CptDeath231
    CptDeath231 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    BQAquaris M10
    Android 6.0

Crashes everytime and everywhere. Tried on event, deadpool daylies, campaing, knull...and with a lot of characters, always crashes on trying to do first match.
  • xavierixeq
    xavierixeq Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Samsung galaxy s6 
    Android 7
    After i load the game When I click on an event is always flickers and I have to click it again. Only happned for the first click coming back from a reload. 
    So far all missions..
    DEADPOOL daily
    Puzzle gauntlet
    Story event
  • mattonline
    mattonline Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Seems to happen after a fixed amount of time upon entering a battle.  If I wait and don't make a swap, it crashes, and if I move quickly I can get a move in.  It seems to be about the same amount of time either way.

Samsung 6+ Edge, SM-G928V
    Android 7.0
    Kernel 3.10.61
  • carol63
    carol63 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Tried again with a second tablet.

Exactly same issue
     This one's a Neocore E1+. Can't work out what OS it's using, sorry (it works but has a cracked screeen, so hard to find things)
  • Bloody_Albatros
    Bloody_Albatros Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Model: Huawei BTV-DLO9
    Android version: 7.0

Everything else than battle is fine. Battle start ... either after a second or the first swap ... 
    Noticed with every hero-config so far. Also with Knull...
  • Morreg07
    Morreg07 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Samsung Galaxy note 5
    Android 7.0
  • PunisherMAX
    PunisherMAX Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Device Name: Oppo F3
    Android Version: 6.0

Game only seems to crash if I start a battle, no matter what combination of characters I choose. I can still check out my roster, alliance, shop, missions and quests, but the game crashes as soon as I start a battle. 
  • xavierixeq
    xavierixeq Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Samsung galaxy s6 
    Android 7
    After i load the game When I click on an event is always flickers and I have to click it again. Only happened for the first click coming back from a reload. 
    So far all missions..
    DEADPOOL daily
    Puzzle gauntlet
    Story event
    Forgot to add I did try turn off the tile physics and character effects and show enemy AP on Enemy turn.  That did not fix the issue but I did noticed when I loaded the battle it would crash before the tiles dropped.  Having them all off the tiles would at least drop but still never got a chance make a move.
  • EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Android 7.0
    Sony Xperia XA (F3111) (yeah, I know, I'm on a bit old device...)

Everything else works: I can check my alliance, open vaults, covers, etc. It crashes ONLY when you start a battle.
  • lostpanda88
    lostpanda88 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Android 7.0
    Huawei BTV-W09 (MediaPad M3)

I see the same thing. It crashes when I start a battle.
  • macboy2k
    macboy2k Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Sony Xperia Z5
    Android 7.1.1
    Crashes at start of any battle after play field falls in place but before first move.
  • P_Pal
    P_Pal Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Honor 8
    Android 8
    Crashes at start of any battle after play field falls in place but before first move
  • Tam314
    Tam314 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Samsung galaxy s6 
    Android 7.0
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Just from a quick look at the thread I would say that the problem is unique to older versions of Android.
    Maybe something has changed in the new versions of Android that mitigate the problem on those platforms.
  • bobbyfm
    bobbyfm Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Samsung galaxy s6 edge
    Android 7.0
    Crashes at start of any battle after play field falls in place but before first move

• Dashiva
    Dashiva Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Still no fix guys? Will there be compensation? I am not going to lose the SHIELD supply streak because of this right??
  • foufdewookie
    foufdewookie Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2021
    One Plus 2 (ONE A2003)
    Android 6.0.1
    OxygenOS 3.6.1

Crashes at start of any battle
  • DrakeAngel
    DrakeAngel Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    Model SM-G920I
    Android 7
    Lost 3 days of streak already, all The ranking in The actual eventt lost too, very sad