**** Monica Rambeau (Agent of S.W.O.R.D.) ****

12346»

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Akoni said:
    KGB said:
    I managed to replicate what you experienced: her CD hitting downed enemy. This is the condition needed:

1) the enemy uses teamup while her CD is out.

If there's one downed enemy, it will show damage above the downed enemy.

If there isn't any downed enemy, the damage will be shown above the middle character. It looks like it's dealing damage to the middle enemy, but it's not.

I'm not sure if this is an intended behaviour or a bug.

This is something I wondered about a few posts back when it became clear her CD hit the character who fired the power rather than the front character.
    For TU's it appears there is no valid target and the CD gets wasted doing no damage. So using a TU is a way to get rid of all her CD's without taking damage. Based on the wording and how her power works, it appears to be intended rather than a bug.
    KGB
    Huh, I thought the lead enemy was taking the hit when a TU was fired. I'll have to pay more attention next time.
    I thought I won the one-on-one battle when the AI used a TU ability with my purple out.  When it used a TU after I had downed an enemy in a normal three-on-three battle, it appeared that Monica's purple targeted the downed character.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    When her pvp is about to end Im starting to see many monicas leveled.
    So be ready to see her more often as the good defensive AP messing character she is.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apocalypse red does in fact target airborne and invisible lowest health enemies, but it won’t target enemies who have been defeated.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    'Pocchy beats his way up the food chain. He has no use for the already culled.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Bad said:
    So be ready to see her more often as the good defensive AP messing character she is.
    This occurance is common on every release, but I don't see her replacing anyone's pick-2 teams after her specific pvp where she is required ends.
  • DAZ0273
    Bad said:
    This occurance is common on every release, but I don't see her replacing anyone's pick-2 teams after her specific pvp where she is required ends.

She doesn't do anything to stop passive powers, I assume that Kitty removes her countdown tile without triggering it (never checked) and I guess Polaris users worried about the +2AP cost to blue via her purple can just bring a +2 b/p or All boost and try and stun her before she does anything? I mean, sure she is nice with Wiccan and everything but of all the recent 4* releases I feel she is not getting much of a look in.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    I doubt it.  She is squishy to leave out on defense and takes a while to get her going.  Beast/Morbius/Throg are all better, recent characters.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I'm confident Morbius will start showing up in PVP once 5witch proliferates.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Apocalypse red does in fact target airborne and invisible lowest health enemies, but it won’t target enemies who have been defeated.
    It does target invisible or airborne enemies, however if you fire it it will do nothing to them and you will just waste the red ap
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 596 Critical Contributor
    Can we, please, never be forced to have Monica and mindless ones in the same match up, ever again?

Thanks.
  • DAZ0273
    Can we also please never have animations like her red power again too? My cat saw that once and immediately tried to kill it, attempting to bat my tablet out of my hand, sensing the dark evil power therein.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    The initial round of the event glitched once and put the Mindless One's tiles without the artificial delay. They were actually quick for once. If we could have that for every encounter, including with attack tiles and Monica's drone, that would be grand.  
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    @Sekilicious - That fast placement of tiles happens whenever you restart the app. Sadly it only lasts 1 time then reverts to the agonizingly slow pace we all abhor. You can either endlessly restart the app or live with the slow speed.
    Or if you were on Steam you could minimize the game and speed it up (the speed hack that was posted here a month or so ago).
    As a Polaris user this event with Monica in the 4E node was just awful. I'd move and match special tiles and by the time Polaris passive proc'd and then the AI turn went and the mindless ones dropped a CD or 2 followed by the attack tile resolving, followed by Monica's repeater dropping followed by Polaris passive resolving my phone would go to sleep (30 second timer delay). So it took 5 minutes to do 10 turns! As a comparison, world speed chess tiles are decided in that time frame making 30-40 moves. There's no way MPQ should be slower than speed chess.
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's the reason I roster only 1 cover  for such characters until their events are over.  :D
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Does Monica feed 5*SW?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2021
    Does Monica feed 5*SW?
    Nope - she's not a feeder.  Neither was Morbius.  Disappointing for sure 
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Punter1 said:
    Does Monica feed 5*SW?
    Nope - she's not a feeder.  Neither was Mobius.  Disappointing for sure 
    I really hoped she would be, but something told me it wasn't going to happen.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Punter1 said:
    Does Monica feed 5*SW?
    Nope - she's not a feeder.  Neither was Mobius.  Disappointing for sure 
    I really hoped she would be, but something told me it wasn't going to happen.
    What are the chances that they release a 5* Spectrum or 5* Blue Marvel and update Rambeau to feed one of those? I know, practically non-existent, but one can dream.