Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2021
    I just played 4* Gamora, Ronin, and 4* Widow, and my jaw hit the floor. I don't know why I had never thought of them together before, but they are unstoppable!! Their synergy is really quite stunning (pun fully intended).

PS: This also gives me vibes of fighting for the Soul Stone, and I love it. Like Gamora was there as they dueled, watching over them.
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Sailing into a PvP battle in The Best Offense with my lvl 259 3* iron fist, lvl 153 3* blade, and lvl 213 4* Polaris - on a whim, took on a lvl 300 5* Adam Warlock, lvl 337 5* SWitch, and a lvl 284 3* Thor. Fired iron fist green after 2 turns, quickly filled the screen with attack and strength tiles- targeted 5Witch first, then crushed them. 
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    5 Classic Token pulls for shard targets got me 3 5s : Kitty Pryde, Carnage, Spider-Man BIB. 4s were not Talos.
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    my worst MPQ moment was the puzzle gauntlet against the 3 🕷. Web tiles matching were useless, several teams died with three enemy 🕷 standing. It was until I noticed that I need to match more than two webtiles to hurt them, since Gwen kept curing the team.

my BEST MPQ moment was the help of Alliance mates and finished Gwen with Spidy 5*, miles M and Spidy 2099. stun, stun, stun Gwen until she was down. Then victory was easy 😎
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2021
    Champed Mystique today, which got me a LL token.
    With it I pulled Scarlet Witch 5*, which made me very happy. :)
    Then I maxed out my 2* Cap and sold him to make room for Wanda.
    Then played the Dark Reign levels with Wanda before Day 1 expired, which got me into the top 50, gaining me more HP and tokens.
    Good day so far. :)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    hothie said:
    Then played the Dark Reign levels with Wanda before Day 1 expired, which got me into the top 50, gaining me more HP and tokens.
    That reminds me of something I did a long time ago. I was playing I think Prodigal Son and the required 4* was Carnage but I didn't have him on my roster. I got lucky on like day 3 and pulled him from the vault. I played optimally and like nobody else did in my bracket so by the end of the event I was able to overtake the guy in 1st place to win the event.
  • hothie
    shardwick said:
    hothie said:
    That reminds me of something I did a long time ago. I was playing I think Prodigal Son and the required 4* was Carnage but I didn't have him on my roster. I got lucky on like day 3 and pulled him from the vault. I played optimally and like nobody else did in my bracket so by the end of the event I was able to overtake the guy in 1st place to win the event.
    Had I known I was getting Wanda I would have played differently yesterday. But not having all of the characters, I know that my placement isn't going to matter much, so I just played through the levels to be done with them. Now for days 2 and 3, though, I can try to play more optimally for better placement. Congrats on 1st!  I just hope for top 10 usually, and managed 17th this morning with just pulling Wanda.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    hothie said:
    shardwick said:
    hothie said:
    Had I known I was getting Wanda I would have played differently yesterday. But not having all of the characters, I know that my placement isn't going to matter much, so I just played through the levels to be done with them. Now for days 2 and 3, though, I can try to play more optimally for better placement. Congrats on 1st!  I just hope for top 10 usually, and managed 17th this morning with just pulling Wanda.
    Well, I don't know what your bracket is like but maybe you could pull out a top 3 placement in the remaining subs and still manage t10 overall for the event. Good luck. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I hopped in PvP to play some matches in the Knull event and coasted to 9th and threw up a shield. Came back to find that I only dropped by 4 places so I broke the shield and somehow coasted to 4th before being attacked. So, I put up another shield for what I expect to be a top 10 finish.

Since I'm trying to hoard as many LL tokens as possible, I put my 2/2/3 Red Guardian up against the AI's Sam Wilson Cap in Deadpoo's Daily. 60 boosts and 4 matches later, I got the token.

To wrap things up, I figured I should use some spicy tokens and snagged Namor's green cover in 2 pulls taking him to 3/4/5.
  • hothie
    edited May 2021
    shardwick said:
    hothie said:
    shardwick said:
    hothie said:
    Well, I don't know what your bracket is like but maybe you could pull out a top 3 placement in the remaining subs and still manage t10 overall for the event. Good luck. 

I started playing this game in November, so it's been...7 months. I played SCL8 for the first time this week, and thanks to pulling Wanda on day 1 of the story arc, I managed 12th overall for the entire storyline. There were some battles that I lost and things I could have done better, but overall I feel pretty good about that.
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Figured I’d give it a whirl and sailed into a PvP against a team with 2 5*, including a Knull with what looked like a single black cover. Once in the match, saw their Knull had 68,000 health, and realized, um, that is definitely more than 1 cover, and thought about retreating but sailed into it anyway.

started with 2 x 5 match blues in my first turn, both with multiple attack tiles. Stunned Knull with Polaris’s blue and suddenly I had like 15 attack tiles on the board. Filled Blue again before the stun wore off and stunned Knull again. Killed him before the second stun wore off, picked up enough blue to stun the 2 cover colossus, and coasted to a lucky win, thanks to pretty much a perfect tile drop. 

It felt great even though it was 100% luck.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is the first time as a full fledge 5* player where I received 0 fight initiated against me that gave me negative points, and I also received only 2 battles against me that gave me +1 point each in a single PvP. The fear of Carbage is real. 
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    Back to back 3* pulls out of standard tokens.  First Storm then Loki.  
  • Sithforever
    Lost in Time Daily Deal for 100 got me a Latest Legend Token. 1 in 80? Yes please!
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hit bonus hero for Chavez and immediately champed her.  Only Sabertooth to champ from the core meta characters before starting to work on meta adjacent. Maybe I might start hoarding after. Or continue to draw from Classics to broaden my 4* roster. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled the 13th cover for Colossus.
  • Sithforever
    30% Pull Rate on store for Ronan was awesome without a Shadow of Doubt. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got full progression rewards in simulator in 63 wins. First time not needing the full 75 and reaching 2000 pts this early. Probably not a big deal lol. 
  • hothie
    Been playing for 8 months, and I've had a number of good things happen to me over the past few days.

A few days ago I champed my last 3*, so that I have all of them champed now. That was one of my goals over the past few months.

Then this morning I finished 1st in my Negasonic group. I haven't finished first in any event yet, so that was nice.

Then today I re-champed my 2* Wolverine, with a few saved covers. One of the saved covers got me a 3* Wolverine cover. So then I went to my 3* Wolverine and added that cover, and that gave me a 4* Wolverine cover. So effectively I turned a 2* cover into a 4* cover. Thought that was amusing.