Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everyday in DDQ I run Beast and Polaris because it's so much fun.

It makes me sad Balance of Power doesn't run more often. BRB/Beast/Polaris is going to be hilarious.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    In Danger Room PvP add 4* Venom (Eddie Brock) with 5 in black as a 3rd to your hulkoye team.

Hit all the Polaris/brb/kitty teams.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Anon said:
    Everyday in DDQ I run Beast and Polaris because it's so much fun.

It makes me sad Balance of Power doesn't run more often. BRB/Beast/Polaris is going to be hilarious.

B4ast, Polaris and Morbius will be fun too. Morbius to deal with enemies who make a bunch of special tiles. He's even effective against kittys. And he works when you match "special" tiles. So it doesn't even have to be an enemy atk, protect or strike tile. Can be a countdown, invis, repeater etc.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Srheer0 said:
    I guess the profX and Ic5man bug is still in effect. So abuse this until D3 figure out how to fix it.
    i request elaboration. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm curious too. It must be a pve thing because I can't remember seeing this team in PvPs before.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Both of those characters have some extreme damage reduction capability, and Iceman will still reduce incoming damage if you have the Team Up in the bank but there are no yellow tiles on the board for him to create a CD, just like he'll still bleed 3 blue AP every turn even if there are no locations to drop the stun CDs; I don't know if it's some edge case involving that? Using Profe$$or X to bankrupt the board of yellow maybe?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/81069/issue-with-iceman-taking-damage

If it's this, I believe that is working as designed rather than a bug, but I'd be curious to hear more if there's more to say
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    I’m not sure how HammerJuggs ended up considered a part of the X-Men but him and Polaris being boosted is quite insane.  At first I was tentative about taking on a Polaris with 25k hp, but they combined (with Grocket of course, I have no imagination) to take her out with a single move a small cascade. 
  • pestilentpangolin
    pestilentpangolin Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Ended up champing a couple of less desirable 5s and was trying to find a place for them, and stumbled on a fast and fun PVE team. From first to last: Old Man Daken (5/5/3) with the Quinjet support (to boost his green match damage), Adam Warlock (5/5/3), Gladiator Thor (5/5/3) at half strength. The idea is that it limits some of the problems with the three characters: Daken helps AW get rid of self-murdering black AP so you can chase it freely (for big damage) and Half-Thor gets to hide. Chase black and yellow and use Thor's red and green. Keep AW's health up with his yellow and purple. If the other team has strikes or protects out, fire Daken's red and watch them melt.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I've recently taken a liking to Juggern4ut/Rogue/Chavez (aka 2 tanks and a sniper). The goal is to match as many tiles with Juggs as possible to keep him in front doing AoE damage. Take matches with Chavez or Rogue if there is a match-4 or greater. Rogue will jump to the front anytime Chavez would take a big hit so Chavez is protected twice over. Once there is enough AP, Chavez will start dropping critical tiles which will generate more AP and, hopefully, increase Juggs' damage. Use Rogue's green power to gain some quick AP or take out an opponent quickly. Rogue's red power is used to take out the last enemy standing. Juggs' blue power can be used to deal quick damage and remove a few protect tiles, if need be. The match really feels like you're using 2 tanks and a sniper.

I've also tried using Thing, but his damage just isn't as good as Juggs' AoE. Although Thing also jumps in font and hits hard, Rogue's AP generation works better with Chavez.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    hothie said:
    Hi. I just picked up this game in November, so I know I'm a relative newb to the majority of you, but my love of 2* Bullseye has led me to making a squad with him that has decent success against numerous 5* squads in pvp. I searched a little bit to see if this squad has been talked about, but didn't find anything. So if this is old news, I apologize for my newbness. I call this team the "Perpetual Motion Train." It consists of:

2* Bullseye
    3* Black Widow
    3* Magneto

It's by no means auto-win. Killmonger (black) and Jean Gray are direct counters, and Carnak usually kills Black Widow before I can get the train started. Against Polaris, it depends on if she has teammates that put specials on the board immediately or if they have to fire powers to do so. If it's immediate, like Grocket or BRB, I normally lose, but if there is a delay in putting special tiles on the board, I can beat her much of the time. I just beat an Old Man Logan/BRB/5* Spidey squad, all with numerous powers and level 300+. (If you're on here, hi, sorry, that was me, but if you said to yourself "How the **** did that squad beat me?", then keep reading and I'll explain the thought process behind it.)

How does it work? Essentially, I have to live long enough to get BW to have 11 purple. She then starts the train, throwing down normally at least 2 match-5's, triggering Bullseye's green. He then uses his green to make matches depending on whatever color I need, often Red or blue for Magneto, but I'll do purple if I can, triggering BW again. Then I just keep generating and using AP on my turn, making my 1 turn last often for the rest of the game, between all of the characters and their abilities, with Rainbow coverage. That's where the perpetual motion comes into play.

Black Widow (5/3/5)-  Green-massive damage, but will ONLY use it if I have 30 green AP or it's a finishing move.
                           Red-deletes 2 2X3 squares. Use this seldom, but I do use it occasionally.
                           Purple-makes 6 green tiles-usually making at least 2 match-5's, essential to the train.

Bullseye (3/5/5)-Purple-passive shields. Essential for early game survival, as I'm spamming purple early.
                               Black-drops 2 crits, essential to the train by making specific color matches that I need at the time. At least once every 2 games I pull off the 4-crit 12K damage to kill a character. It's huge.
                               Green-deletes 5 tiles. Essential to keeping the train moving.

Magneto (3/5/5)-Yellow-fires 8 shields. I only use this when the train comes to a stop.
                               Red-clears all Team-up tiles. Essential because BW purple can't turn them green, so Magneto clears them all out, dealing damage, and making the only tiles on the board colors that can be used.
                                Blue-Swaps many pairs of tiles. (i forget how many, sorry). Deals a lot of damage, and I will use this when the train comes to a stop, which often will get it started again.

So, give it a try if you want. Being relatively new, I don't have many good playable 5*s yet, so I have to make due with what I have. But this squad gets away from the i match 3, you match 3, I match 3, etc, and just keeps firing powers that generate AP so that I can keep firing powers on my turn. So I don't care how much health you have. Eventually I'll wear you down (killing entire teams in 1 turn) through many crits and numerous matches, with the characters feeding each other AP to keep the turn going. It can win with just 2 characters, as I have done so quite a few times, but is better with all 3.

Thanks for reading. :)
    Welcome! What you are describing is a “winfinite” team. There are several now, but pre-5*s the biggest one was “Charlie’s Angels” involving 4* Professor X (5/5/0), 3* Widow (5/3/5), and 3* Scarlet Witch (5 blue). 

The idea is to use Widows purple to make match 5s which trigger chucks passive that gives AP back in the strongest color on a match 5 allowing you to spam the power again. Scarlet Witch is the battery to get you the purple needed to start the engine. 
    So if you like Winfinite and aren’t near 5* play, those could be some options to target. You just have to make sure Wanda is your highest so purple is your team’s strongest color.  
    Impressive you came up with a winfinite team utilizing 2* Bullseye haha. Glad you’re enjoying the game!
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    hothie said:
    Hi. I just picked up this game in November, so I know I'm a relative newb to the majority of you, but my love of 2* Bullseye has led me to making a squad with him that has decent success against numerous 5* squads in pvp. I searched a little bit to see if this squad has been talked about, but didn't find anything. So if this is old news, I apologize for my newbness. I call this team the "Perpetual Motion Train." It consists of:

2* Bullseye
    3* Black Widow
    3* Magneto

It's by no means auto-win. Killmonger (black) and Jean Gray are direct counters, and Carnak usually kills Black Widow before I can get the train started. Against Polaris, it depends on if she has teammates that put specials on the board immediately or if they have to fire powers to do so. If it's immediate, like Grocket or BRB, I normally lose, but if there is a delay in putting special tiles on the board, I can beat her much of the time. I just beat an Old Man Logan/BRB/5* Spidey squad, all with numerous powers and level 300+. (If you're on here, hi, sorry, that was me, but if you said to yourself "How the **** did that squad beat me?", then keep reading and I'll explain the thought process behind it.)

How does it work? Essentially, I have to live long enough to get BW to have 11 purple. She then starts the train, throwing down normally at least 2 match-5's, triggering Bullseye's green. He then uses his green to make matches depending on whatever color I need, often Red or blue for Magneto, but I'll do purple if I can, triggering BW again. Then I just keep generating and using AP on my turn, making my 1 turn last often for the rest of the game, between all of the characters and their abilities, with Rainbow coverage. That's where the perpetual motion comes into play.

Black Widow (5/3/5)-  Green-massive damage, but will ONLY use it if I have 30 green AP or it's a finishing move.
                           Red-deletes 2 2X3 squares. Use this seldom, but I do use it occasionally.
                           Purple-makes 6 green tiles-usually making at least 2 match-5's, essential to the train.

Bullseye (3/5/5)-Purple-passive shields. Essential for early game survival, as I'm spamming purple early.
                               Black-drops 2 crits, essential to the train by making specific color matches that I need at the time. At least once every 2 games I pull off the 4-crit 12K damage to kill a character. It's huge.
                               Green-deletes 5 tiles. Essential to keeping the train moving.

Magneto (3/5/5)-Yellow-fires 8 shields. I only use this when the train comes to a stop.
                               Red-clears all Team-up tiles. Essential because BW purple can't turn them green, so Magneto clears them all out, dealing damage, and making the only tiles on the board colors that can be used.
                                Blue-Swaps many pairs of tiles. (i forget how many, sorry). Deals a lot of damage, and I will use this when the train comes to a stop, which often will get it started again.

So, give it a try if you want. Being relatively new, I don't have many good playable 5*s yet, so I have to make due with what I have. But this squad gets away from the i match 3, you match 3, I match 3, etc, and just keeps firing powers that generate AP so that I can keep firing powers on my turn. So I don't care how much health you have. Eventually I'll wear you down (killing entire teams in 1 turn) through many crits and numerous matches, with the characters feeding each other AP to keep the turn going. It can win with just 2 characters, as I have done so quite a few times, but is better with all 3.

Thanks for reading. :)
    Welcome! What you are describing is a “winfinite” team. There are several now, but pre-5*s the biggest one was “Charlie’s Angels” involving 4* Professor X (5/5/0), 3* Widow (5/3/5), and 3* Scarlet Witch (5 blue). 

The idea is to use Widows purple to make match 5s which trigger chucks passive that gives AP back in the strongest color on a match 5 allowing you to spam the power again. Scarlet Witch is the battery to get you the purple needed to start the engine. 
    So if you like Winfinite and aren’t near 5* play, those could be some options to target. You just have to make sure Wanda is your highest so purple is your team’s strongest color.  
    Impressive you came up with a winfinite team utilizing 2* Bullseye haha. Glad you’re enjoying the game!
    Ah! Very good. Thank you for informing me. I'm glad at least the concept has been around long before I showed up. I'll do some forum searching for winfinite teams and see what else I can find. 

I had used Scarlet Witch as a battery before swapping her out for Magento, but Magneto just works so much better in all aspects. There's really no comparison to how much better he is with the other 2 than Scarlet Witch (Switch, right?) is.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Colossus 5/3/4 (not champed yet)
    5* Cyclops 3/5/5
    America Chavez 3/5/5

A new match damage team that I’m really starting to like. I was running Adam Warlock with AC and Onslaught/Black Bolt effectively and I champed Cyclops when I emptied my hoard and got close with Colossus. 

This team has more match damage power and more versatility. Match 3s in colossus’ yellow/black/blue with crits are nukes. I’m doing 15000-18000 damage. Match 4s in those colors with crits? Basically double that. And my colossus ain’t even champed yet. 

Pack that onto Cyclops’ yellow, which increases match damage by 75%. I don’t know the calculations but I do know that after 1 cast of Savior of Mutantkind turns that 15000-18000 damage to 23000-26000 damage. 

The versatility is added with the ability to remove special tiles with Colossus’ blue, wipe out up to 7 strikes and/or shields with cyclops green, stun with that green and do considerable finisher damage with Purification. 

And a funny thing..... damage from opponent matches with crits is considerably lower thanks to Colossus’ yellow passive. 
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    5* Colossus
    5* Cyclops
    lvl 70 Valkyrie

Match team-up tiles while chasing Valkyrie's target which will generate yellow. Cast Cyclops' yellowto raise match damage and create free matches.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Colossus/Peggy/Chavez  - Peggy slows everyone else down and Chavez crits with Colossus simply devastate other characters including 5* very fast  

You will get hit by Hulkoye teams but that isn't new and sometimes BRB/Kitty teams can cause an issue if they get lucky enough to get strong protects out but you can kill Kitty very fast if you keep ahead of the AP curve with Chavez

The team also works well in PvE for many nodes
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    dianetics said:
    Heimdall 4/4/5
    Vulture 5/5/3
    Throg 3/5/5

Fortify yellows to get Bifrost bridge to 3AP cost. Use bifrost to send throg and vulture airborne every turn. Throg on return will give 3 yellow AP (allowing you to use biufrost bridge every turn) and Throg will destroy charged tiles in yellow and green.
    Vulture will give you green, blue, black, and red AP from circling prey and more black from bifrost bridge. He will also potentially proc Hybrid Tech Soldier if you aren't spending your blue ap.
    Start fortitfying greens after Heimdalls yellow is at 3ap and fire Throg and Vultures greens every turn to fill out the board with charged tiles and cause general havoc.
    While enemies are airborne Heimdall gets reduced damage and his large health pool and true heals do wonders.
    Sounds like a very effective PVE on SLC10. Wish I could test it. Vulture is no problem, but Heimdall and Throg are much lower in covers right now. I give it a go and let you know the results 😎
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I champed my Dark Beast today.  He an Polaris crushed my Sabertooth and Polaris retals in the Daken PvP.