***** Knull (King In Black) *****

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    for partners I feel he will be a great partner for Polaris.  You can match the strike tiles to spit out more strike tiles and activate his passive.  Another good partner could be Dark Beast to spit out special tiles and accelerate AP when matching special tiles.

for 5* IHulk, Apoc, Okoye, 5witch even BRB will be good partners.  I do wonder how he will do with Collosus since both will have such high health, high match damage and spitting out strike tiles. And will be in packs together
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i totally misread his black - initially I thought he passively destroys 4 green tiles per turn, now I'm not sure if he is even better than cyclops.. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I think a 3/5/5 build would be well worth it. Better than Cyclop5 at least. His black is his worst power. Purple is better, but not great. Green, however, is really what makes him playable. The benefit of him passively placing the countdown tile and getting a strike tile out of it each turn makes me feel less bad about the countdown getting matched away before it expires.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also just realized that the ignoring enemy protect tiles passive only is regarding his powers dealing damage, not his match damage as well.  That makes him much less appealing than I originally thought.  
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    His black power doesn't make a lot of sense for a 5*.  The whole business of selecting just the right tiles to create the cascade or match that you want is what you do with 2*/3* Bullseye in DDQ, not in the 5* meta.
  • Akoni
    His black power doesn't make a lot of sense for a 5*.  The whole business of selecting just the right tiles to create the cascade or match that you want is what you do with 2*/3* Bullseye in DDQ, not in the 5* meta.
    I don't think you get to select the tile. I suppose that makes it slightly worse, huh?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the intent of that power is to bankrupt the board of green to keep a Hulk at bay, and his perma damage is also seemingly geared at both hulk and Okoye. But unboosted you’re looking at an awful lot of chip damage.
  • Akoni
    Paired with his strike tile generation, his black becomes a bit more dangerous. I still think it's the worse of the three, though. Waiting for up to 3 turns (ignoring boosts) to get enough AP to fire his black hurts against iHulk considering he will need to wait another 3 turns to use it again. I'm not saying it's useless. It's just the in 3rd place in his power set.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Green tiles will still fall from the top of the board when any team make matches or destroy tiles. If his black power also "freezes" the appearance of green basic tile for the next x turn, it could be more useful.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    You could run him with Thano5 and use that purple to freeze hulk’s green generation at least; but make sure you have enough specials in play to keep Knull rolling.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    I think the creation of repeaters and special tiles will stop ihulk more efficiently than his black.
    And for selecting the tiles the word "choose" is missing, so expect it will be random.
    And a low AoE hit each 3 turns its a bit meh.
    No, the best power of this guy is his purple. He is a good third wheel but he lacks power for to be a pick 2 imo.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I couldn't tell on Introducing Day 1 what all was going on; he felt like he was firing off what I assume is black often to the point it seemed like it was passive....I used EB Venom and Lockjaw; his animation art looks good but it was hard at those low levels to really see what was going on. 
  • HoundofShadow
    His animations are as cool as the character itself. I like Summon Dragon the most.

After playing the nodes for 5 times, I think his teammate really need to be a special tile spammer to bring attention away from his CDs. His Summon Dragon CD, which I think is pretty useless, actually went off a couple of times. 

His purple power will pop up a banner stating "Damage Reflected". I noticed that even when I match away his last Amortal Coil CD tile, it will still reflect damage back to the other ally. It might be something one wants to take note of.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    You know, I was gonna make some videos but Knull really doesn't do much of anything. He just sits there and does small chip damage every turn. Black isn't as bad as I thought but 7ap is way too expensive. Green is meh and his star power purple is a massive disappointment. The reflect damage is so minuscule and if there's only one opponent left, it does nothing. I don't understand how characters like this get released. Clearly, there's no testing going on here. Oh well, maybe the next 5* will be good. Sigh.........
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos said:
    You know, I was gonna make some videos but Knull really doesn't do much of anything. He just sits there and does small chip damage every turn. Black isn't as bad as I thought but 7ap is way too expensive. Green is meh and his star power purple is a massive disappointment. The reflect damage is so minuscule and if there's only one opponent left, it does nothing. I don't understand how characters like this get released. Clearly, there's no testing going on here. Oh well, maybe the next 5* will be good. Sigh.........
    How is his chip damage with Apoc or Okoye?  Also how is he with Polaris?
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    wymtime said:

How is his chip damage with Apoc or Okoye?  Also how is he with Polaris?

Green CD and black passive both get damage boosts from Apoc and Okoye. There's really no reason for Knull and Polaris to be a team, his green is slow to get going.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos said:

I know you were also harsh on Onslaught when he released and then you warmed up to him. I agree with you he seems very lackluster and if it wasn't for his health and match damage he'd be a wash, but do you think there's any potential? Or us he just kinda DOA?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    In this game the role any character can do becomes more and more relative. Exactly in a britty team he will do it great.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I swear they gave him a bad black power on purpose.

"King in black". Yeah. Irony
  • HoundofShadow
    His active purple power "reflected damage" can be increased with your own strike tiles.

Calculation: (33% of target's damage) + friendly strike tiles

I assume Okoye or Apocalypse can boost this reflected damage as well. This could means that every time the target makes a match, more than 10,000 damage will be reflected back to one of the target's random allies. And if there's a cascade...  >:)

When is a 5* purple battery coming? Gambit's excluded.