Marvel Puzzle Quest R226 Release Notes (4/28/21)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited April 2021 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R226 Release Notes.

“DeVoid of humanity”

• An ALL NEW Menu awaits you in MPQ! Find your favorites now all in one place!
  • Go undercover with Monica Rambeau (WandaVision), in select events!

DON’T MISS THESE EVENTS ON 5/6/21

• Use the enemy’s special tiles against them in the latest Puzzle Ops event.
  • Just in the nick of time...rewards await you in the next Stone Season.

Additional Details

• A new Game Tutorial (displayed to new players only) and Main Menu layout is set to go live later this week.
  • A fix was applied for a bug that prevented some users from sending and receiving rewards via their Facebook save.

Please note: There is a delay on the push of the R226 update on Amazon and will not be live today. We will update this note once it’s confirmed live. UPDATE 4/28/21 - 4:30PM PT: R226 FOR AMAZON IS NOW LIVE

Thanks for playing!

Tagged:

Comments

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Didn't want Knull yet but now we get him.  I really wanted the 5* Vision then finish off the Phoenix Five 
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LakeStone said:

“DeVoid of humanity.”

5* Sentry?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It couldn’t actually be The Void (Dark Sentry) could it? After all these inscrutable clues? https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Void_(Dark_Sentry)_(Earth-616)
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hmm, 5 star Sentry?
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Surely too obvious for Void, some one like Blastaar or Annihilus from the Negative Zone?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe I'm missing something, but why not Vision?  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sentry was the first to pop up as well.

The V in devoid is capitalised.

When I googled the hint, White Vision pops up. I'll go with the latter.

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I feel like White Vision is a foregone conclusion soon (and, awesome!) but gawd I'd love to see 5* Sentry someday -- one properly-designed to alternate between his hero self and his villainous "Void" counterpart (once various conditions are met... e.g., maintaining a certain threshold of yellow AP - the "Sentry serum" - keeps him good, or having more black AP than yellow turns him evil? Something like that, but more creative than I'm capable of right now. A Jekyll/Hyde character like his would be fun to design!)

It's about time we got a version of the character capable of his most heroic highs and evilest lows, in contrast to the 3* mentally-unstable version from the Dark Avengers storyline. I recently recommended the Sentry's excellent original 2000 miniseries to a friend who's also been playing MPQ years; he loved it and said something to the effect of "Man, I hate that my introduction to the character was the version in MPQ." 

It's about time the Golden Guardian of Good was loved (and feared) again! 💛🖤

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The way it was capitalized, I took it as de void, like from the void, but I don't know who would fit that.  I did some searching and came up with both Sentry and White Vision as well, but I don't know enough Marvel lore to know if there are characters that literally come from the Void.  It does seem like Sentry would be too obvious with that clue to me at least.
    The other thing that popped in my head was the band Devo, is Whiplash up to anything these days?  Indiana Jones maybe?

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, that's Knull.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I am enough out of date with comic books to not really know who Knull (sorry Carnage) is but reading his Marvel database page, yeah, the clue lines up.
    Sad if that means we miss out on a White Vision though, although I guess he could be a 4*.
    Edit: I have now educated myself on Knull and good lord, that was a convoluted and roundabout way of telling us "Space guy with sword that turned things into goo monsters".
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Knull's visual looks pretty dope, but i'm out of touch on comics as well. He seems to be appearing in other stuff, so it's a good "guess" I suppose.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I went to Google Knull, read some stories and understand why it's deVoid. Even if it's not White Vision, Knull looks really sick. He's probably red/black/purple.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He sort of looks like what if the guy from The Witcher 3 got dipped in cement.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    He kind of looks like What if Strahd Von Zarovitch was the star of Bram Stoker's Dracula to me lol
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I went to Google Knull, read some stories and understand why it's deVoid. Even if it's not White Vision, Knull looks really sick. He's probably red/black/purple.
    He's currently the big baddy in the comics world crossover.  Makes sense to get the King in Black tie in.   
    MPQ-lore wise he's the daddy of the symbiotes.   Hopefully they don't get the idea for a new event with him and carnage and the goon symbiotes.  We already have enough of those.   
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Knull gets power from Dark Energy and the physics podcast I listen to says that is around 70% of the energy of the universe. That is a lot of juice.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Taskmaster Sword is the next featured Support in Puzzle Event. It's one of the highly sought after Supports.  :o
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nice!  That helps a lot of building players out on the 4* Deadpool solo.
    Both that and Talon Fighter are great choices to see amongst the first few offered.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Taskmaster’s sword? Sign me up. I have all the featured characters champed as well so it should be a good puzzle.