***** Knull (King In Black) *****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited June 2021 in Character Details
2021-04-18-NC-Knull-all-sizes1200x628-Fbpng
Knull (King In Black)
5-Star Rarity 
Affiliations: Villains

"When the Celestials brought light to the universe, they revealed what existed in its emptiness. Knull, unborn, rose from newly created shadows to slay celestials and create an army of symbiotes. With the endless void as a source of power, Knull and his army will stop at nothing to draw the universe back into darkness." 
(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)
25715 Health / 103359 Health
 27 | 31 | 29 | 188 | 215 | 242 | 120 | 3.5x
 104 | 123 | 114 | 753 | 861 | 968 | 479 | 3.5x
Knull Space - 7  AP
Knull taps into the hive mind to expand his army and take back the void. Destroy 1 Green basic tile and convert 2 random basic tiles to Purple (destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP).

(PASSIVE) Friendly Protect tiles do not affect Knull, but damage dealt by Knull's powers ignore Protect tiles.
  • Level 2: Destroys 2 tiles.
  • Level 3: Destroys 3 tiles.
  • Level 4: Converts 3 tiles.
  • Level 5: Destroys 4 tiles.
Summon Dragons -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Knull draws power from destruction and adds to his army. At the start of the turn, if one does not exist, create a 3-turn Countdown tile that creates a strength 40 friendly Strike tile each turn. When this tile goes off, deal 321 permanent damage to the enemy team. (Max level strength 161 tile, 1292 damage)

• Level 2: Deals 401 permanent damage to the enemy team. (Max level strength 161 tile, 1615 damage)
  • Level 3: Countdown tile makes a Strike tile of strength 50. (Max level strength 201 tile, 1292 damage)
  • Level 4: Countdown tile makes a Strike tile of strength 60 and deals 443 permanent damage to the enemy team. (Max level strength 242 tile, 1783 damage)
  • Level 5: Countdown tile makes a Strike tile of strength 80 and deals 523 permanent damage to the enemy team. (Max level strength 322 tile, 2106 damage)
Amortal Coil - 9  AP
Existence is futile. Choose an enemy. Knull creates 2 Red 5-turn Countdown tiles that create 2 Red 80 strength Attack tiles. While one of these tiles is on the board, 20% of the damage dealt by the chosen enemy is also dealt to another random enemy.

(PASSIVE) At the start of the turn, if there are 4 or more friendly special tiles on the board, deal 190 permanent damage to the enemy with the lowest health. (Max level strength 323 tile, 766 damage)
  • Level 2: Creates Attack tiles of strength 100, and deals 209 permanent damage. (Max level strength 404 tile, 843 damage)
  • Level 3: Creates 3 Attack tiles, and deals 228 permanent damage. (Max level strength 404 tile, 919 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 266 permanent damage. Targeted enemy deals 25% of their damage to another random enemy. (Max level strength 404 tile, 1072 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 342 permanent damage, creates Attack tiles of strength 120, and targeted enemy deals 33% of their damage to another random enemy. (Max level strength 485 tile, 1379 damage)

Release Events:

Store Offerings

Abyssal Knull Cover Store - May 6-16

• Chance to get Knull (King in Black). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Knull Limited Vault - May 6-11

• 40 Items

• 1x Kings in Black Legendary Store Token

• 1x 4-Star Silk (Cindy Moon) cover

• 3x Random 3-Star covers

• 6x Heroic tokens

• 4x 2500 Iso

• 6x 1000 Iso

• 5x 500 Iso

• 14x Two stars

Kings in Black Legendary Store - May 13-18

• 15% chance to get Knull (King in Black), Black Bolt (Inhuman King), Black Panther (Civil War)

• Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Release Debut:

The Hunt - May 6-10

• Knull (King in Black) In placement rewards

Introducing… Knull - May 6-13

Featured Event:

Thick as Thieves - May 9-14

• Knull (King in Black) as a progression reward

Versus Tournaments:

Nine Lives (Black Cat (Master Thief)) - May 6-10

• Knull (King in Black) shards as a placement reward

Knull Hypothesis - May 9-12

• Rewards tokens to the Abyssal Knull cover store

Comments

• san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    The art is really cool! Does perma-damage affect characters who revive, such as iHulk & 5*Jean?
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yo. That’s a pretty crazy kit he’s got. Those passives are hella intriguing. 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I think I'm tired, but I can't really... Understand what he does... 

I think he's better than cyclops so I'm sure we'll see a lot of him
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Congrats hoarders...you did it
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Isay_Isay said:
    Congrats hoarders...you did it
    Thanks!
    Now the only question is whether to wait to see what the next 5 it's before opening.
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Ok, he seems OP and all, but... 
    a Black Cat PVP ? 😕
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    "We heard you didn't like the meta so we made a character that's anti every meta."

Anti, okoye, anti ihulk, anti, thor, anti brb, anti kitty.

Lol should be interesting....
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    He has insanely high health.
    But it doesn't seem like he will do much damage for a 5* (Black does none for example) and he has a lot of CD's which will be destroyed by Kitty or matched away since they aren't fortified and they take a long time to expire.
    Seems like he's designed directly as an IHulk counter with the permanent damage and the destruction of Green tiles and the Purple causing IHulks damage to do more damage to his teammates.
    KGB
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    I want that Sentry rip!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am I am excited and terrified.  That health is just crazy.  He also has very high match damage.  His damage is low but remember there are characters like Apoc and Okoye to boost damage.  He also gives good strike tiles and attack tiles.  PVP is soon going to feel like challenge node health
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Omg my Grocket is going to die so many times in his PvP
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Omg my Grocket is going to die so many times in his PvP

Your Grocket won't be dying unless you let the enemy Knull put out a lot of strike tiles. Your Knull on the other hand will start wreaking havoc on turn 2 and you'll be triple dipping damage when you use Grocket/Polaris.
    Of course we all know every enemy team is also going to be Grocket/Polaris so it will be a blood bath of health packs and Simulator for 4* players is going to be awful after he gets into tokens :'(
    KGB
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Impressive at first glance.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Coulson/Flaptain wingmen foe the passive CD burn down lol. 

Been awhile since we’ve seen a CD spammer, will Hawkeye see more play?
  • max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 56 Match Maker
    What am I missing? I get he permanently damages people and thus is a counter to Ihulk and that his power  are not reduced by enemy protects. All of the damage seems really low for a 5 star.

His Black active seems underwhelming, his red active seems like it does not do enough damage and requires the target to do damage to make it do much damage (outside of the tile)

The green is interesting and will spam strike tiles, but again that damage is low.

I get he has high health and match damage but not seeing why he would be very good?
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    I don't know why people are saying he doesn't do enough damage. With every turn is another strike tile which is going to more damage.  Add a Kitty pryde and a could get out of hand fast. Heck him and carnage can be scary too.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    So does this permanent damage stick around for somebody who has been brought back to life after dying from a tile countdown?  Like Loki or Phoenix? 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    IHulk works like that for Old Man Daken, but I never come across Loki or Jean to attempt it.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2021
    I wonder if the 20% damage dealt to random enemy off his purple power is boosted by Okoye or Apoc.  My initial thought was no, but maybe it should be?  The damage is coming from his countdown after all.  

Edit: actually now that I think about it more, probably definitely no.  It’s stated as a percentage so it’s probably just exactly that without further modifier.

regardless, he seems like good character design to me.  A soft counter jack of all trades sort of but again one that keeps health packs a valuable resource.  I am gonna feel totally not guilty about pulling from that Colossus/Wanda/Knull store.