***** Scarlet Witch (WandaVision) *****

Comments

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    since you will be taking damage from her Mystical Feedback every turn.
    Is Wanda the source of this damage or is it the tile itself like the damage done by attack tiles.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Wanda creates a repeater that stores a charge everytime any one of them takes damage. During their turn, Wanda will deal damage based on the number of charges on her repeater, and then removes those charges. Thus, resetting the charge to zero. If you remove the repeater before their turn, you won't receive damage from Mystical Feedback.

If you stun Wanda before dealing any damage, her repeater won't work and it won't gain any charge when you attack them while Wanda is stunned.  When Wanda is downed, the repeater is gone as well.

To conclude, the source of damage comes from Wanda.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Bad said:
    So have we identified a workable counter yet? I don’t feel like I have one identified but I’m considering Morbius/Carbage
    Morbius and carnage5 are not compatible on play, as morbius will delete the enemy tiles carnage needs so much for his extra move. 
    Carnage 4 however has no problem.
    It's more important that you have Morbius with enough covers on his passive removal than that Carbage gets his second turn. I like that Carbage makes less enemy sepcials than Morbius removes, so that matching one will keep the board clear of his as well. My own Morbius is currently only removing them at 1 for 1 though, so it doesn't work yet.

I went hunting 5Witch teams in the bullseye pvp specifically so I could attempt different counters, and I'm pretty sure I just kept hitting the same Apocalypse/5witch team over and over (sorry whoever that was, but you won most of them so maybe you're welcome actually? lol)

The only pick-2 team I was able to successfully defeat them with was BRB/Carbage it turned out, and that was because I was pretty lucky at matching away the repeater. I didn't try BRB/Polaris because I was interested in 5* counters to a dual 5* team first, but I'll give that a shot. I imagine a stun-based team is going to be the play, but if the required 3rd has the mutant tag, which happens a lot, 5WitchPocalypse is likely going to be super ubiquitous in all our pvp futures.

i tried Ghostpool and Thor on the premise that his red could stun on an easily farmed color but everything he does is kind of dependent on board conditions. It wasn’t super reliable with Apocalypse in play.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perhaps are you 2 being too brave to fight wanda buffed? I had some curiosity but I let it go. As she will be meta, I thought there will be plenty of time to fight her.
    I suppose blue powers will be a good counter for her: polaris stun, colossus removal, or BRB cow(clash not his possible cow :D) Or a hit huge enough without damaging her before, given her low health. 
    Perhaps now huge single blows will get greater appeal.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like it’s Invisible Woman’s time to shine!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I just went in and attacked that wanda team on retal, they have a 471 Apocalypse with their 540 Wanda using BRB/Polaris...it was the opposite of super effective. Maybe it's the ultra-boost still being in place, but right now I'm really looking for a reliable counter other than a mirror match. I don't think personally that Colossus will be it, because his blue is very expensive. I think Morbius will be champable next PVP season for me if not sooner, and he'll likely be able to do it.
  • HoundofShadow
    I'm not sure why BRB/Polaris didn't work well for you. Which slice are you playing in? Maybe I pop by and find that team. I saw that team only in the first PvP. Bullseyes' PvP is the third.

Wanda could be a potential opponent in SCL 10. So, practising playing against her while she is boosted is a good way to get yourself mentally prepared for that node.  :D
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I think I had a bad spread of protects and just never recovered. My bRB is 458 and my Polaris is 289, so not the pillars of health they could be I guess.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I fought an unboosted 5Witch/Apocalyose team in Clws for Concern, she wasn’t even a problem. I’m curious how she is on offense. I was using Carbage/OMDaken/BRB
  • HoundofShadow
    She looks difficult because she is dealing 2.26x more damage. Once her boost finishes, she shouldn't be a problem. I expect her Mystical Feedback to be like IHulk's Green Door, except that it doesn't deal AoE. On offense, it depends on who she gets teamed up with. I guess Apocalypse/SW will be the new couple in pick 2 for fast win until someone better comes along. This is the most common pairing I've seen.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I fought an unboosted 5Witch/Apocalyose team in Clws for Concern, she wasn’t even a problem. I’m curious how she is on offense. I was using Carbage/OMDaken/BRB
    How did you beat it? 

I was using Hulkoye and I don’t have good percentage against her. 
  • Akroma
    Akroma Posts: 77 Match Maker
    hi guys :) whats the consensus about wanda? and wanda/colossus?
    is it worth pulling? what aobut as her viability vs hulkoye?
    in pick 2 situations.
    specially if you have beta, kity, apoc, thor, etc
    baby champs .)
    thanks
  • HoundofShadow
    Wait for the next 5* before you pull. Details will be coming out by next Wednesday.

Wanda is definitely meta. Wanda/Colossus could be irritating as  opponents due to them slowing down your matches.

If the next 5* is a better partner for Wanda than Colossus, then you could try your luck  and hoard for the 5* after next.

The lineup looks like this, in term of 5* rotating out of Latest first:

Cyclops/Colossus/Wanda/5*/5*
  • Akroma
    edited May 2021
    Wait for the next 5* before you pull. Details will be coming out by next Wednesday.

Wanda is definitely meta. Wanda/Colossus could be irritating as  opponents due to them slowing down your matches.

If the next 5* is a better partner for Wanda than Colossus, then you could try your luck  and hoard for the 5* after next.

The lineup looks like this, in term of 5* rotating out of Latest first:

Cyclops/Colossus/Wanda/5*/5*
    thank you very much for your answer.

as the wanda/colosus combo slows matches, is it good for defense? or it will get targeted? i mean as slows matches but maybe is easy to defeat

thanks again :)

edit about wondering if its slow but easy
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have every character sans the Latests champed (baby champed, but still…) and my experience is that every team is targetable if they’re worth enough points. Wanda/Colossus won’t be an exception to this. I don’t think they’ll be “easy” like say Thorkoye, but they will be slow enough to garner skips. And will be a pretty good counter to the fastest offensive team in the game right now (Hulkoye). 

My hope is that Wanda’s presence as a counter to Hulkoye means seeing them less and having more of a rock/paper/scissors dynamic. Stuns and single target nuke teams might get more play to hit the Wanda teams left out after hitting Hulkoye teams who of course will have mopped up all the stun/single target nuke teams. We shall see.

But yeah, I agree with Hound on waiting. I can’t see the next 5s being worse than Cyke, so you have some time to wait to pull (as a champ them all guy, I’ll be pulling for Cyke on Monday). And while waiting, you will get the added bonus of seeing more Wanda/Colossus in the wild and seeing how/if they impact the meta. 
  • HoundofShadow
    All teams get targeted. It depends on whether that player feels that the opponent is easy or worth the point to take on. 

When I go against them, it feels slow because my match damage was reduced and Wanda was boosted to about 550. If casades happen, you will take a lot of damage from Wanda's Mystical Feedback. 

As for using that team, I don't have champed Colossus yet. I think they would be slow to use as well because they don't have much fire power. Colossus's match-3 will hit enemy for about 5k damage or more and Mystical Feedback will hit for about 2k damage per charge. So, that's at least 7k damage per turn. 

The best thing to do is to wait for the next 5* and observe who other players are teaming Wanda with in PvPs once she's in latest.

• Akroma
    I have every character sans the Latests champed (baby champed, but still…) and my experience is that every team is targetable if they’re worth enough points. Wanda/Colossus won’t be an exception to this. I don’t think they’ll be “easy” like say Thorkoye, but they will be slow enough to garner skips. And will be a pretty good counter to the fastest offensive team in the game right now (Hulkoye). 

My hope is that Wanda’s presence as a counter to Hulkoye means seeing them less and having more of a rock/paper/scissors dynamic. Stuns and single target nuke teams might get more play to hit the Wanda teams left out after hitting Hulkoye teams who of course will have mopped up all the stun/single target nuke teams. We shall see.

But yeah, I agree with Hound on waiting. I can’t see the next 5s being worse than Cyke, so you have some time to wait to pull (as a champ them all guy, I’ll be pulling for Cyke on Monday). And while waiting, you will get the added bonus of seeing more Wanda/Colossus in the wild and seeing how/if they impact the meta. 
    as always mr daredevil, thank for your answer :) 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    atomzed said:
    How did you beat it? 

I was using Hulkoye and I don’t have good percentage against her. 

Carbage/BRB, target Wanda and try to match her repeater when you can. 
  • Akroma
    All teams get targeted. It depends on whether that player feels that the opponent is easy or worth the point to take on. 

When I go against them, it feels slow because my match damage was reduced and Wanda was boosted to about 550. If casades happen, you will take a lot of damage from Wanda's Mystical Feedback. 

As for using that team, I don't have champed Colossus yet. I think they would be slow to use as well because they don't have much fire power. Colossus's match-3 will hit enemy for about 5k damage or more and Mystical Feedback will hit for about 2k damage per charge. So, that's at least 7k damage per turn. 

The best thing to do is to wait for the next 5* and observe who other players are teaming Wanda with in PvPs once she's in latest.

thanks for the information :)

do you think when she is unboosted, she would be too easy? thanks
  • HoundofShadow
    It depends on whether you are healthpack aversed and who she is teamed up with. 

If you don't take out her repeater, stun her or reduce her damage output, then you will be taking a lot damage each match.

This is a video showing a match against boosted Wanda and Apocalypse:

https://streamable.com/awcayq

As you see, BRB took about 20k of Mystical Feedback from her boosted status. That's about 9k of damage unboosted. However, stunning her and matching away her repeater helped to reduce the amount of damage taken. If I didn't stun her, my BRB would have been dead from Mystical Feedback, or my entire team would be wiped out.

I also used BRB/Kitty against her. I took 1 damage from Mystical Feedback due to Kitty boosting protect tiles, but matches was really slow. It's even slower than playing against iHulkoye.

If you can stun her early in the game, I believe matches will be easy.