One star cover issue

Options
welbot
welbot Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
I often keep one star character covers to swap around my characters powers, but they seem to have an annoying bug that only happens at random. 
This only effects Storm, Iron Man and Spiderman, since they are the only 1 star characters with 3 powers.
When you have a character with maximum covers, and you want to swap which powers are strongest, normally you select the power, and you have to deduct a point from a different power.
With 1 star characters, you can only do this by having a cover for that colour (which is fine, as it gives you 10XP as well), but when you apply the cover, sometimes it won't ask you which power you want to deduct 1 point from, and it will just take one off a colour at random. 
So say I have Spiderman, with 4 red, 4 blue, and 5 pink. 
If I want to make red his strongest, I apply a cover, and sometimes it will ask which one I want to remove a point from, but other times it will just apply it, and I will end up with 5 red, 3 blue and 5 pink, where as I want 5 red, 4 blue and 4 pink. 
Can this be looked in to please, as it's really quite annoying. I've never seen this happen on any other characters.

Comments

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've run into this in the past.  It does happen on other level characters as well.  I *THINK* it has to do with whether you upgrade the power directly from the card "on the vine" or whether you go into the character and directly upgrade the power there.  Not 100% sure on that one, as I haven't had a chance to fully test it out yet.  I think it may also have to do with what levels the powers are (3-5-5 vs 4-4-5, etc...)
  • welbot
    Options
    You don't need covers to change 2* and above, so I've never come across it elsewhere. I've tried doing it by clicking on the cover in my collection, and also by going to the character directly, clicking on the colour, and then choosing the cover from there, and it still just randomly doesn't give you the option. So super annoying!
    It always happens when I'm on 5-4-4 though. I'm sure if I'm on 5-5-3 it has always asked, but I tend to keep them at 5-4-4 because I just prefer it that way. I really hope they can fix it cos now I can't change until I get a specific colour, rather than one of two.. :\
  • welbot
    Options
    2 days in a row now, I got red covers for Iron Man 1*. My powers for him are currently 4 Red, 5 Yellow, and 4 Blue.

I went in to Iron Man, clicked on his red power, and then clicked the cover in there, and instead of upgrading his red to 5, it just stayed at 4.. This is really frustrating...
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still an issue. I tried to train my spidey with a red cover and it does not let me do that and afterwards he is still 3/5/5. Annoying.
  • welbot
    Options
    Yep. Same for me. I've had it happen to me with Storm, Iron Man and Spidey multiple times in the past few weeks. 
  • qandols
    Options
    The only way to do this correctly is to open eg. Spidey and select the color you want to update.
  • welbot
    Options
    Except that doesn't work either. I've tried it that way multiple times, and it still just randomly adds the cover without giving you an option as to which one to subtract one from. Sometimes it will even add the cover without even changing the amount. Like today. I had a green storm cover. I had 4 green, 4 yellow, and 5 black. I added the green, and it stayed at 4 green, 4 yellow and 5 black.
  • qandols
    Options
    You're right. I just tried to train my 4/4/5 Spidey with a purple cover. It automatically dropped a red to 3 instead of letting me choose blue. Annoying.