Background healing makes some objectives impossible [Can’t reproduce]

George
George Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
edited September 2021 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
The black node on the Nodes of Power events requires to win with 20 or less hp left. Those battles tend to get a bit lengthy, because you have to let Greg hit you just enough while ensuring he doesn't kill you by accident and you don't kill him too fast. At least for me.

So I had one of those lenghty battles right now, ending with 17 hp left. Only to find myself at 41 hp at the after battle screen, because my PW healed in the background. And so I missed the objective. That happened a few times in the past, too.

So my suggestions: either turn off the background healing for those matches or apply the background healing after the after battle screen.

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Thank you for the feedback, this issue will be investigated!

In order to help us, please provide the following information (only those you haven't provided yet) if you have it. You can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game:

• What device was used when it happened?

• Is it related to a specific event (or another specific battle)? Or even another part of the game (when you purchase something, editing deck, entering in any of the screens, when you level up your Planeswalker, etc)?

• If it is in a battle, a list of all cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

• In this case, the more information the player gives to us, the better. 

Thank you,

Marcela.

• George
    George Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Samsung S10E
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

We could not reproduce this issue. If you face it again please let us know.

In order to help us, please provide the following information if you have it (you can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game):

• A screenshot of the battle log?

• The Planeswalker you were using and its level.

• Which Event and Node.

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Thank you,
    Rebeca.

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    This was an issue a long time ago (and could have still been this whole time), but IIRC the trigger for this to happen was gaining life during a match. If you do not gain any life during the match the background healing doesn't start until after match, but if you have any healing during the match (even if you end low) you will end with more hp at the summary screen than you had in the match.