**** Monica Rambeau (Agent of S.W.O.R.D.) ****

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    This shield training is a good showcase of Ghostpool's abilities. :D Monica and Apocalypse ate Riri's Remote Gauntlet, and all three characters also ate Riri's Selfless Intervention once each. It totalled up to about over 100k damage. If my Ghostpool were champed, he would have one-shot Riri. Also, his Wade and Measure was stealing red and blue aps.

I tried the gold standard of shield training like Valkyrie and she works. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I don't like her at all. Maybe it was just Maria Hill not being great but that fight Monica seemed to be able to deny blue at will so it was risky to fire black. I won in the end but it was not at all fun. The AI also had endless supplies of red and was not afraid to fire it and that animation...oh dear lord...what is going on there? Then that damned repeater - I am not sure who thought that was a good idea or how it represents Monica's powers that she has the same ability as an Amazon Drone Delivery.
    I assume that was a reference to sending those drones into the town on Wandavision maybe?

Yeah, I understand the reference but of all the things they could pick for one of her super powers they choose that? Monica has the same level of super powers as a model airplane enthusiast.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    This shield training is a good showcase of Ghostpool's abilities. :D Monica and Apocalypse ate Riri's Remote Gauntlet, and all three characters also ate Riri's Selfless Intervention once each. It totalled up to about over 100k damage. If my Ghostpool were champed, he would have one-shot Riri. Also, his Wade and Measure was stealing red and blue aps.

I actually used Yellowjacket in 3rd, and he gets it done big time. My champed Ghostpool held his own, but i usually go for his red and use the purple sub-attack on his black. I didn't even really take enough damage to make his damage multiplier meaningful.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    I crushed both with penance fares thanks to all that AP, but the bomb was ticking and my onslaught already dead.
    Previously I used to clear that with X, but luckily I champed yellowj and he must do it better.
    Until now all my characters are waiting for Amazon delivery with a big smile.
    Edit: I noticed the dron can stay in the bottom of the board but it only produces AP at the beginning of the turn. That makes it slower and the enemy has his final chance to destroy it. The smiles dissapear then.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards

Worked for me too (L310) and my Ghostpool was only 2/4/2 L255.
    It was a long battle though and by the end is was Monica vs Mockingbird with both down to 10K health. I got rid of the bot really early (he self killed via her Purple) but it took a long time to whittle down the other 2 even with Penance Fare doing 15K damage a pop (I got it off quite a few times).
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    Yellowjacket is probably the 5* equivalent of Legion, with his invisibility. Onslaught is a little unreliable with his trap tiles.

And only 15k damage a pop? I thought it would be more than that.
  • KGB
    edited April 2021
    It would have been more at the end of the battle but he died about 3/4 of the way through the battle because at L255 he doesn't have that much health and was mostly dead from match damage by that point so I let him and Valk eat a Riri Red (after she got her 1 and only Blue off) so Monica could live and her Purple retal could finish off Riri.
    KGB
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yellowjacket is probably the 5* equivalent of Legion, with his invisibility. Onslaught is a little unreliable with his trap tiles.

Onslaught is only realiable for trying a lucky cascade and kill that feeder quick.
    His invisibility is like a russian roulette.
  • ThaRoadWarrior

The 5* equivalent of Legion, but who actually has some pretty sharp teeth. Mine ended up at lvl 457, so if I can get him inviible every match is doing base damage plus ~5700, and then his black and green avoid protect tiles while doing ~12800+5700 and 4144+5700 respectively.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Interestingly, Monica’s drone repeater will move a locked team up tile. 
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Her blue power repeater tile is unreliable and slows the whole game down especially Monica vs Monica.  Racing to get a tile to the bottom is a fun game mechanic for something like puzzle gauntlet, but when playing competitively her tile does not do enough to warrant it being your number one focus over your needed AP, denying enemy AP, or special tile matching.  As an AP/cascade passive, it ranks low compared to other characters.

Her purple tries to do too many things at once and therefore none very well.  As a power cost penalty on the enemy, it is on a short timer, non-fortified countdown you have to pay for.  There are better AP penalty powers that do it cheaper and more reliably, mostly passively.

As a retaliation power, it sacrifices the countdown you paid for, losing the power cost penalty and the AP steal.  There are better retaliation powers that have less trade offs, most of them passives.

As an AP steal, it is on a non-fortified countdown tile, making it less reliable than other AP steal powers.

Her red is kitschy and plays into the goal of dropping her repeater tile to the bottom. It's unreliable and requires you to sit on too much AP for such a minimal payoff.

There are some fun ideas in her kit (really, I would love to see racing repeater tiles in the puzzle gauntlet) but nothing that makes her useful.
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Is anyone else noticing her purple power can target downed enemies? I've had the countdown tile on the board and when an enemy fires a power, too many times has the damage hit an already downed opponent.
    I mean, I know it's always safe to have a cheeky double-tap but is it really worth it?  :#
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2021
    Her purple CD will target whoever fires the power, regardless of their position. It's good against the like of Vulture and Onslaught etc. Her CD triggers simultaneously, instead of individually. So, low health opponents might eat excessive damage. That's probably what you meant.

• Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Her purple CD will target whoever fires the power, regardless of their position. It's good against the like of Vulture and Onslaught etc. Her CD triggers simultaneously, instead of individually. So, low health opponents might eat excessive damage. That's probably what you meant.

I've had a few occasions where I've been chipping away at a remaining single target over several turns and when they'd fire a power it would occasionally hit a downed opponent.
    But still, I wasn't aware of that, thanks! I'm sure that has been the case several times  :)
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    The best part about the Monica v. Monica matchup is seeing if either supply drone hits the bottom before Pocket wipes the other team. More often than not, there just ain't 8 rounds in the match. I'm thinking 5/3/5. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2021
    I managed to replicate what you experienced: her CD hitting downed enemy. This is the condition needed:

1) the enemy uses teamup while her CD is out.

If there's one downed enemy, it will show damage above the downed enemy.

If there isn't any downed enemy, the damage will be shown above the middle character. It looks like it's dealing damage to the middle enemy, but it's not.

I'm not sure if this is an intended behaviour or a bug.
  • KGB
    I managed to replicate what you experienced: her CD hitting downed enemy. This is the condition needed:

If there isn't any downed enemy, the damage will be shown above the middle character. It looks like it's dealing damage to the middle enemy, but it's not.

This is something I wondered about a few posts back when it became clear her CD hit the character who fired the power rather than the front character.
    For TU's it appears there is no valid target and the CD gets wasted doing no damage. So using a TU is a way to get rid of all her CD's without taking damage. Based on the wording and how her power works, it appears to be intended rather than a bug.
    KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Huh. That behavior is niche enough to be interesting, but not so interesting I’ll get sucked in to finding a use for it.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:

This is something I wondered about a few posts back when it became clear her CD hit the character who fired the power rather than the front character.
    For TU's it appears there is no valid target and the CD gets wasted doing no damage. So using a TU is a way to get rid of all her CD's without taking damage. Based on the wording and how her power works, it appears to be intended rather than a bug.
    KGB
    Huh, I thought the lead enemy was taking the hit when a TU was fired. I'll have to pay more attention next time.
  • HoundofShadow
    I remember reading something like Apocalypse's red was targeting an airborne vulture because he happens to be the lowest health character. Does that ring a bell?