**** Monica Rambeau (Agent of S.W.O.R.D.) ****

Comments

• Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    6 purple to steal 2ap on every color every turn for 4 turns? I don’t know, I can think of loads of uses for that. I think y’all may be fixated on the wrong power. My suggestion of Wiccan is so he could get to Demiurge faster, and that would work for Bolt also.
    It appears the AP steal is only if the CD reaches zero.  

There is a Peggy-esque cost penalty while the tile is out and then it's destroyed to deal damage is the enemy fires a power, but nothing on every turn.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry, I meant the second. The first one would look more like a 5* power.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Theghouse said:
    6 purple to steal 2ap on every color every turn for 4 turns? I don’t know, I can think of loads of uses for that. I think y’all may be fixated on the wrong power. My suggestion of Wiccan is so he could get to Demiurge faster, and that would work for Bolt also.
    It appears the AP steal is only if the CD reaches zero.  

There is a Peggy-esque cost penalty while the tile is out and then it's destroyed to deal damage is the enemy fires a power, but nothing on every turn.
    At least you can have more than 1 of them out so you could get several going at different intervals so that one was expiring every turn (if only it were fortified like the repeater).
    In her Shield Training, using Valkrie and chasing the bounty will generate a ton of Purple so you can get several CD's out to see how it all works.
    KGB
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's a very interesting character, but is probably too slow to be useful.... anywhere. She definitely doesn't punch up. Her red is just... odd, if I'm being nice.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    A quick correction, affiliated name for Monica Rambeau is Agent of S.W.O.R.D., not WandaVision for her upcoming release this week.  We've updated the copy but wanted to make note of it in case you missed it.
  • KGB
    Borstock said:
    She's a very interesting character, but is probably too slow to be useful.... anywhere. She definitely doesn't punch up. Her red is just... odd, if I'm being nice.
    My assumption is that it's designed to self-accelerate her Repeater to the bottom. So you are meant to select a 5x5 block under that Repeater. The Level 4 addition of enemy specials helps to ensure it can get past boards clogged with enemy specials.
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2021
    Yes, but you need 6ap of each colour to ensure that it destroys most of the board. And, TU and friendly special tiles won't be destroyed. 5x5 board destruction looks like a lot, but factor in the above conditions, and you are destroying 1 or 2 rows on average, unless you are building a team who can change colour tiles.

America Chavez and Wiccan will be a good pairing with her, if that's your style. Wiccan needs 6APS of all colours to transform. So, he can help her to move her repeater down with his passive match. I think this is the optimal team for her, if you are focusing on bringing her repeater to the bottom row.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    So creative powers! A drone flying high on top board when it lands heals and generate AP. I really love that idea.
    Of course there are 8x8 tiles, in play the player must wait 8 turns or try to match the tiles below, etc.
    Her purple is a must and its cheap but she is not for play with wanda as she needs it the most.
    Her red is also cheap being a tiles destroyer but for fire it on advanced battle. 
    She can rock on puzzle ops and on non competitive pve being a supporting character. 

Not sure if it would be good a character so low competitive as her being wanda feeder, if it she is.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a 5* player, I don't see any use for her except for when required.
    With her AP generation, she'll pair well with Black Bolt to get his Scream active earlier than usual.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a 5* player, I don't see any use for her except for when required.
    With her AP generation, she'll pair well with Black Bolt to get his Scream active earlier than usual.
    I am still not clear on if the countdown tile steals on each turn of the countdown or only when the countdown reaches zero.  Do we have any clarification?  If it each turn of the countdown, she becomes a little better.  But I never run BB anyways so still not much use.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2021
    It got to be stealing aps at the end of the CD countdown.  

4* Antman is the perfect guide to use. Read both his blue and yellow abilities and notice the difference. One specifically mentions it does x every turn, and the other doesn't.

Or you can use Psylocke's blue power as a guide because hers is a CD that steals ap as well.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2021
    stealing 8ap every turn for 4 turns from a 6ap power would be a bit much.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the potential of that purple as a good drain and AP cost increaser.  Potentially draining up to 8 AP a turn is rough.  I think they are working towards trying to build a viable defensive team strategy with characters like Colossus and Wanda, which will also need characters that slow down enemy AP gain and/or passives.  They aren't there yet but I can see what they are working towards with some of the newer character development.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX
    any chance you can clarify if that AP drain happens every turn the CD is on the board, or is it just when it expires?
  • KGB
    Warbringa said:
    I think they are working towards trying to build a viable defensive team strategy with characters like Colossus and Wanda, which will also need characters that slow down enemy AP gain and/or passives.  They aren't there yet but I can see what they are working towards with some of the newer character development.  
    *cough* Gambit 2.0 *cough*
    Such a shame they nerfed him a 3rd time as he would have been just fine in the current environment.
    KGB
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Purple is pretty good. Blue is her best power. Red is terrible. 5/5/3 all the way.
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Unless there are plans at work to change the Polaris meta there's nothing really useful in this character. With her I rarely need AP anymore. Unfortunately new characters either need to fit into the Polaris meta or they need to do something to change the meta. 
  • MrDupaTM
    MrDupaTM Posts: 64 Match Maker
    I'm glad they now allow children to create the art for the characters although I would prefer an adult artist to draw a proper character.

No, seriously - the art is absolutely garbage.