Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    my 5*s are softcapped, so i see a lot of diverse teams.
    sometimes two champed 5*s are accompanied by Polaris. 

my 250 Thanos isn't even max covered, but has 5 black and the stun is all I need

but it's still mostly luck and board dependent. you desperately need match 4s
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    BRB/Kitty/Polaris is a team I regularly see in my champed 5* MMR. That team has enough teeth to it that you may end up using health at the end from a bad board where Apocalypse can't bypass the protects expediently. Another one that can occasionally burn you is iHulk/Profe$$or X/Okoye, because X has that damage reduction in place and isn't quite as squishy as he looks when it comes to offensive damage (he eats that self-harm at full strength though). in that scenario you'll want to target Hulk first since they have about the same amount of health.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the explanation. That was helpful. I think we have the same MMR because Polaris/BRB/Kitty is so common that I see that team many times more than I see iHulkoye. 

Apocalypse/Prof X/Onslaught is a RNGish opponent because they can wipe out full health champed 5* with a  match 4 + cascade + passive power damage. Once SW is in latest, I won't need to worry about full health 5* getting wiped out.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2021
    I was suggesting you run Profe$$or X/Thano5/Apocalypse to see if it works as well as Onslaught/Thano5/Apocalypse. Shared Strength will boost 5* Court Death if you can enable Apocalypse’s stun immunity, and Onslaught and Profe$$or X can both generate big turn-1 damage most of the time while fulfilling that condition. Ditching Thano5 is a differently dangerous team.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    In this Colossus pvp I've been running Onslaught/Nightcrawler (boosted) with +2 to red/blue. Onslaught tanks most things, and Nightcrawler dodges any AOE you may bump into from Hulk teams. I've managed to go purple winfinite on every match, because Hulkoye's weak color is purple. It's pretty fun so far.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    In this Colossus pvp I've been running Onslaught/Nightcrawler (boosted) with +2 to red/blue. Onslaught tanks most things, and Nightcrawler dodges any AOE you may bump into from Hulk teams. I've managed to go purple winfinite on every match, because Hulkoye's weak color is purple. It's pretty fun so far.
    I've been running Scarl3t/Nightcrawler so that Colossus tanks and I've gotten the purple winfinite every match as well. I should try it with Onslaught.
  • HoundofShadow
    Prof X is in even worst shape. I'll try that team in late 2022.  :D
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Prof X is in even worst shape. I'll try that team in late 2022.  :D
    What 5* champs do you have currently? Are you chasing all or just the meta?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I was using Onslaught/Yellowjacket in the bullseye pvp for awhile. It was cool going invisible with both characters, which wasn’t that hard as they do it on two colors.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    I was using Onslaught/Yellowjacket in the bullseye pvp for awhile. It was cool going invisible with both characters, which wasn’t that hard as they do it on two colors.
    I can just picture Bullseye frantically looking for his teammates. 😂
  • Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    I'm sure someone mentioned it, but I thought I would throw out there that 4* Torch and Legion make a fun team, but I am excited to try Torch with Monica Rambeau. Could add some quick fortification to her supply tile, or use it for extra damage with his red.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Wil88 said:
    I can just picture Bullseye frantically looking for his teammates. 😂
    The lonely Loaner dies alone...
  • Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Alex502 said:
    I'm sure someone mentioned it, but I thought I would throw out there that 4* Torch and Legion make a fun team, but I am excited to try Torch with Monica Rambeau. Could add some quick fortification to her supply tile, or use it for extra damage with his red.
    Follow up, and I know this ridiculous, but I'm glad that Torch legitimizes both Emma Frost and Heimdall. Not saying this are meta teams, but it was great for a kick in the pants battle full of fortified repeaters for cheap AP! I really had fun with it, and I have never wanted to use Emma or Heimdall, but I enjoy Torch so much I'm finding teammates for him that have brought out some dead weight in the roster, and I like that.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I tried running my 1/1/3 Sighclops with 50thor and Ghost Rider Robbie Reyes in Honor Among Thieves. It's not a fast team, but Mindless Ones aren't fast nodes. But the thing about all those characters is that when you use Scott's yellow, it pumps everyone's match damage, and that means that Thor's tile break does N% more damage per tile and GRRR's Hell Ride tiles do 300% of their base damage which climbs with the yellow firing off. The tanking relationship between Ghost Rider and Thor remains, and in my case that means Ghost Rider tanks red and green for him, so Thor is only vulnerable on Yellow. Odds are good a champed Sighclops would solve that problem for at least a couple firings of Savior of Mutantkind.
  • HoundofShadow
    I remember that Scott doesn't receive boost from his own match damage increment ability.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    He doesn’t, but he surely tanks yellow over Thor for several firings at similar levels given the age gap between them and it being his second color to Thor’s third
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    For a fun all 4* team try 3/5/5 Scorpion, 5/5/3 Super-Skrull, and Medusa running a 5/5/3 or 5/4/4 build depending on the enemy team. Scorpion gives you strike tiles and purple AP ramp and a great high damage purple cast. SS gives you four different low cost blue casts, particularly the Mr. Fantastic protect tile generator, and a solid high damage low cost enemy team attack green that can generate more blue AP. Medusa gives great passive healing and AP generation in your 3 cast colors, plus some passive damage, and the ability to steal enemy tiles and board shuffle if you need it.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Carnage 5/3/5
    5* Daredevil 5/3/5
    5* Wanda 2/1/5

really feeling this team, especially in the Best Offense pvp. Both DD and Wanda are boosted. The team flows so well and there’s a lot of damage to be dealt. 
  • fireb0mber
    fireb0mber Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2021
    Perhaps, it has been already told, but in the 4* world, i like to play a "spider-team" with
    5/5/3 Miles Morales
    5/5/3 Spider-man 2099
    5/5/3 Spider-Gwen
    Passive yellow power to put web tiles everywhere and to earn free red, blue and purple AP. To stun everyone almost everytime then to fire Gwen red power (for 6AP quickly) doing 16k damage. And finally, when there is web tiles everywhere and the opponent is stunned, to unleash Miles purple power. I've done more than 50k damage like that.
    Cons : it needs a little time to be done, lack of a green power, redundant same colors.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Wanda, Ic5man Pr5fx.

Use Wandas pink on either pink or blue.  

Once you match blue, you should be able to get some stuns off with ic5man. ProfX is there to provide disruption to enemy power costs and help reduce damage.

I guess the profX and Ic5man bug is still in effect. So abuse this until D3 figure out how to fix it.